[SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 17:12

download link seems to be broken?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 17:33

It is, as lucike left the forum.

You can get the script from his collection from own website:
www.xuniversum.info via Google translator

... or the script itself from his own forum:
Lucike's forum via Google translator

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 21:10

Will it be in german in the game if i install it from there?
F signature

Lordaeron
x4

Post by Lordaeron » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 22:22

Peanutcat wrote:Will it be in german in the game if i install it from there?
If your games set to german, then yes. This script speaks russian, english, italian, spanish and german.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 01:27

So i'l lget it in english yay!
F signature

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 23:34

I have equipped everything in to a caiman miner. But he wont do the process. When I issue the command "mine minerals" while docked in a station...he starts flying (like he is going to do it), but stops about 2km away from the station doing nothing.
The action & the command status shows as "none".

But make note..that I dont have a homebase. But in the plugins description, it says we dont need a homebase, the miner will sell ore to NPC.

Am I missing something here ?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 00:25

Klord wrote:When I issue the command "mine minerals" ...

Am I missing something here ?
Yes. The menu is confusing:

The command "Mine Minerals... [Mine.S]" is the vanilla mining script. It should ask you whether you want to mine Silicon or Ore.

The command "Start minerals mining... [Prospector]" is the command for Prospector.

Also, does your miner have all of the following?:

- Ore Collector

- Mineral Scanner

- Mobile Drilling System (mounted on a turret)

- Navigation Command Software MK1

- Special Command Software MK1

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 16:49

Prospector is working...its great they doing all the stuff automatically.
But I have a problem..they are staying in "PSC on standby" action for hours doing nothing. First its only one, but now all of them.
Do I need to restart them ?

Edit - Its ok..I figured it out. Thanx...

lsurface
x2

Post by lsurface » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 04:47

I just got the script for AP, and all the menu's seem to work, however when the miners undock from the home base station, they just sit in space and do nothing. Any suggestions? (there IS silicon, which is what I told them to mine, in the system)

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 14:39

You need to select "starting location" from prospector menu. By default its 0,0.
Click it and choose an asteroid....they will blow it & start mining. But make sure to dock them before click "start prospection".
The script is working... there's nothing to worry.

Good luck...
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

RustInPieces
x4

Re: [SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

Post by RustInPieces » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 02:03

Vicrry06 wrote: [*]Mobile Drilling System (Optional: Must be installed in a turret)
[*]Particle Accelerator Cannon (Optional: M3 only, Must be installed in a turret)

If the prospector does not have a mobile drilling system in a turret, he will only collect minerals. He will not break up anything.

Mobile Drilling System: The Mobile Drilling System is used to crush rubble asteroids, it must be installed in a turret. The prospector will not use a drilling system installed in the front guns.

Particle Accelerator Cannon: The Particle Accelerator Cannon is used to crush rubble asteroids on a M3, it must be installed in a turret. The prospector will not use a PAC installed in the front guns.
Is there a way to use PACs on a TS? I have been using a fleet of Mercury Miners with the vanilla Mine Minerals command. They use PACs to break up debris and collect them. I want to use this script, but do not want to use MDS, because it destroys too much debris (doesn't it? It has a fairly large blast radius, although debris is supposed to respawn eventually if killed by MDS...)

I have 50 Mobile Miners supplying Ore for the HUB plot, and now I want to hire 100~200 more for Silicon for Chip Plants. I really don't want to buy 200 MDS for this script, when the vanilla script uses PACs just fine.

I know Lucike doesn't post here anymore, but maybe someone else could help me?

Edit: If a M3 running prospector with PACs can break rocks, how many TSs can mine from them at a time?

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 02:25

During my investigation into PSC I found it will only use PAC with M3 (in turret).

But here's a thought:
Equip a TL with ore collector and no weapons and send it gathering (if possible through command). Ever heard the onboard computer rap?
Just make sure you have all max shields installed. If you run through a busted up asteroid at 5 speed, you shouldn't take any damage unless using lateral thrusters.
You can always use a few M3's to break up the bigger rocks.
TCAN TC/AP Artificial Life, Menudriven Automated Ship/Station Namer
Spex: i7 4790K@4Ghz 16Gb DDR3 GTX970Strix(4Gb)
X:R 454 Hours. 15 hours unmodded.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 02:28

RustInPieces wrote:Is there a way to use PACs on a TS?
Probably; just try it.

Keep in mind that most minerals are XL in size, and the only vanilla M3 that can carry XL cargo is the Falcon Hauler (which is a terrific miner, btw, due to its maneuverability and strong shields).

If Prospector does not work for you, then consider Mobile Mining Mk2. It does almost everything that Prospector does -- and it does so better and easier. (And it will allow your miners to use PACs).

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 10:56

DrBullwinkle wrote:If Prospector does not work for you, then consider Mobile Mining Mk2. It does almost everything that Prospector does -- and it does so better and easier. (And it will allow your miners to use PACs).
DrBullwinkle wrote:Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2)
Enhances Mobile Mining in several ways:
Ships pause for shield recovery when low.
Adds Wing Mining command to Trade menu. Command an entire wing to mine with a single setup.
Continues to mine after unloading at Homebase.
Fantastic!
I tried prospector a little more. A few things I found: Since the Falcon Hauler is the only M3 capable of carrying XL cargo, it is also the only M3 capable of equipping an Ore Collector (one of the requirements to run prospector). Other M3s can not use prospector to "Attack Rocks".

A TS can install a PAC, and there is a turret command for prospector you can select, but I did not test it to see if it worked (sorry). The TS did start getting Silicon in it's cargo with 3 Falcon Haulers also prospecting.

MM Mk2 sounds much simpler, I am looking forward to trying it.

akari no ryu
x4

Post by akari no ryu » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 01:07

It appears that, unlike normal OOS mining (which is time consuming to set up and only runs one cycle) this plugin does not return the rocks to the system when they've been mined.

Can anyone else confirm this?

nydd

Post by nydd » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 08:38

akari no ryu wrote:It appears that, unlike normal OOS mining (which is time consuming to set up and only runs one cycle) this plugin does not return the rocks to the system when they've been mined.

Can anyone else confirm this?
confirmed

love this script , i've been looking for something like this for a long time.

now i can finally clear my "kingdom end" (love the music) and other sectors i like to stay in and manage my fleet

wolfmanpuck
x3tc

Post by wolfmanpuck » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 22:53

I'm wanting to create a mining corporation and use this script. Can I set a home base for my fleet of miners and still have them sell the minerals elsewhere, not just bring the minerals back to their HQ?

Figge04
x4

Post by Figge04 » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 16:05

im having trouble to get em breaking rocks
I think it might be that I have xrm installede, can anyone confirm if it works with xrm?

It really is a nice script, it works perfectly oos but they wont shoot stuff up

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 21:03

If I am using the bonus pack, do I need to use the 3.2.07 version of Prospector? Or can I install the new version of the libraries for Prospector 3.3.03 while still retaining the bonus pack version for the CAG and CLS from the bonus pack to work?

Or, far better, can someone give me some advice on getting all the latest versions (libraries, Prospector, CLS and CAG and maybe also Dockware Manager) working properly in my game install? I am having problems getting the latest versions of CLS and CAG working (the wares don't appear in stations for sale).

Could it be something to do with all of my downloads (of Lucike's mods) being named in Deutsch (German), while my game is set to English? I didn't think this would be a problem, but I have no idea.
bibo ergo sum

seePyou
x4

Re:

Post by seePyou » Thu, 24. Sep 20, 14:00

GlassDeviant wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 15, 21:03
If I am using the bonus pack, do I need to use the 3.2.07 version of Prospector? Or can I install the new version of the libraries for Prospector 3.3.03 while still retaining the bonus pack version for the CAG and CLS from the bonus pack to work?

Or, far better, can someone give me some advice on getting all the latest versions (libraries, Prospector, CLS and CAG and maybe also Dockware Manager) working properly in my game install? I am having problems getting the latest versions of CLS and CAG working (the wares don't appear in stations for sale).

Could it be something to do with all of my downloads (of Lucike's mods) being named in Deutsch (German), while my game is set to English? I didn't think this would be a problem, but I have no idea.
It all depends on whether or not you care to not have the modified tag in your game.

If you do not want that, then you have to use only the bonus pack. Nothing else.

If you don't care, then use all the latest versions, especially of the library file that all lucike scripts need.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”