[SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Esgaro
x3tc

Post by Esgaro » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 03:28

Very cool. Clearing ore debris out of sectors they aren't nearly as profitable as ESTs, but they are fun none the less. I've started some nvidium mining, and purchased a mammoth, but have been having problems when trying to set the mammoth as the home base for the four prospector ships (Caiman Miners). When I click on "Homebase (none)", and then the sector with my mammoth in it, the right-hand side of the screen, where I would select the target, is empty. The pilots of the miners are all maximum rank, and all have transporter devices, as does the mammoth. Am I missing something?

amirite

Post by amirite » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 20:50

Anyone know why my Prospector commands would be grayed out? I am trying to use the mining command on a TL, so he can break up the rocks for some M3s to collect. It is equipped correctly, and I have the latest version of the mod+libraries. However the command is unavailable on the TL as well as the M3's that I have in the hangar.

I was having the same issue with CLS/EST/CAG but I realized that was because the ships weren't docked the first time I started the command. However no matter where I dock my TL I can't make the command available.
-TEVE

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 22:46

amirite: For the TL, don't forget that a Prospector must be Lead Miner rank before he can fly a TL. As for the M3's; try docking them directly at a station, I am unsure if being docked in a TL will let them get pilots.

Esgaro, I'm at a loss as to why you cannot set your homebase. If you are using the script to set a homebase, try using the command console to set it.

amirite

Post by amirite » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 04:59

Ah my bad, I missed that part of the OP. Docking my M3s will probably work. Thanks!
-TEVE

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 04:19

Okay, new question - I got all my commands to work and am leveling up a pilot to fly my TL. Are there also level requirements for Prospectors to use M3s and M6s properly? I currently have 5 Prospectors going, 1 TS that is buzzing along doing what it's supposed to, and 4 M3's that are constantly 'Moving to position'. They have PACs in the front so they should have all the required gear, although I would like them to stay on collector duty as my TS smashes rocks.
-TEVE

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 07:35

If I have done my translation properly, M3's must have the PAC in a turret.. and the only M3 I know of that carries XL cargo also doesn't have a turret. I've asked Lucike if this is the case..

If you remove the PAC totally those M3's will definitely be on collector mode, and I suspect they already are. They're just waiting for the TS to break rocks, which the TS might pick them up as soon as it breaks them.. not sure about that though.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 11:34

Vicrry06 wrote:If I have done my translation properly, M3's must have the PAC in a turret..
Correct, a weapon for mining must be in a turret.
Vicrry06 wrote:and the only M3 I know of that carries XL cargo also doesn't have a turret.
The Falcon Hauler have a XL cargobay and a turret.

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 17:09

Ah, I didn't see that the Falcon Hauler had a turret.. I dislike the Falcon series of M3's because they're far too slow for M3's, a fast TS is the same speed and MUCH bigger.

Prospector
(Version 3.1.03 - 24. December 2008)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Prospector (Version 3.1.03)
-> Necessary Command Libraries (Version 3.2.06) (You must install these!)
Version 3.2.06 new 26.12.08

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 1.3 (Not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

24.12.2008 (Version 3.1.03)
  • Prospectors with minerals on board would not blow up asteroids. Fixed.
  • Improvements to the turret selection.
  • Several smaller optimizations.

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 18:57

Ah thanks guys, I thought PACs might be an exception to the Turret rule. Didn't even realize my Falcons hd a turret slot either.

The Collector mode still wasn't working though because I just double checked and I had frgotten to even put the PACs onboard my Falcons. So I'll try decking them all out with PACs now and see how it goes.

I don't particularly like using Falcons for mining either but it is nice that I can carry around 9 of them. Plus their steering is a lot better so turning around and firing from their butt takes a lot less time.

One last question, when my TS pilot gets to Lead Miner and I transfer him to a TL, will all 4 of the Mining Lasers be on rock-breaking duty? I'd like for the TL to fly around breaking everything and collecting what it can, and let the Falcons handle the excess.

Thanks again for the tips so far!
-TEVE

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 03:19

Hi guys,

[Edit]Just noticed - I'm running 3102, not the latest version :( [/Edit]

I've hit a bug with this one :( Unfortunately, I might not have enough accurate information to repeat or explain exactly how it happened, but I thought I'd mention it...

Was messing around trying to change what my guys were mining. They were homebased to the hub picking up minerals which my CAGs were then selling on.

Thing is, when I needed some Nividium, I changed the order to that. Seemed OK, but I noticed some of the nav beacons, rather than saying Ore/Silicon/Nividium actually said "Null". Thought no more about it, thought it may just be because there were multiple things being mined in the same spot (should've known better).

Took me a while before I realised nearly all my ships were sat there, complaining about being unable to unload their cargo. I check their cargo holds and the listed goods only amount to 600, but the used cargo displays as 4150 (or whatever) ie nearly full.

Looks as though they have been mining "Null" but it takes up cargo space. I can't unload it anywhere, there's no actual entry to eject it and if I select another ship to transfer cargo to, it doesn't even list all the normal good in the hold. Looks as though it's getting to the null entry and assuming that's the end of the list of goods :(

I'm stuck!

I'm gonna put a request for help writing (or someone to write) a script to clear this out, assuming you can. Hopefully will be able to get a script to check all cargo goods and read passed any nulls (or maybe read passed one to see if it is a null entry rather than the end of the list) and then reset the cargo to just the valid contents. Don't know if you can, though - depends on how the core scripts/engine handle it.

If I can't get a script to whip through all my ships and sort it out, it's gonna be a long and tedious task with the cheat scripts, cloning each one of my miners, moving the pilot across and then destroying the old one. Then resetting commands, homebases, etc. Don't really want to have to do that, since I've got quite a few of them :(

Anyway - not really a whinge! Love the scripts, would be playing vanilla X3TC if it wasn't for CAG! It was probably user error that caused this, anyway ;)

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 05:29

I've noticed the same problem actually - I've got a Caiman miner half full but there's no cargo in the hold. I'll have to ask about this one..

*EDIT* Looks like the issue's already been raised over in the German forum - I'll wait and see what happens over there.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 06:20

i'm now watching this as well, ive also got null beacons, but my ships appear to have been busy mining nividium. However i now have the problem that i have 2 Prospector tl's full plus all the ships homebased to them, The TL's dont appear to want to jump and sell at any of the corp hq's so i have been having to do that manually, and also the hub doesnt hold anywhere near the sme amount of silicon/ nividium, so thats already full. so currently my TL's are sending me messages every few minutes telling me there is nowhere for them to sell..

Legionnaire

Have just double checked the ships holds and 4 of them are showing almost full cargo holds with only basic equipment aboard.
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 10:42

well i transferred the 4 pilots to new ships and sold the ones that had filled up with nothing. destroyed all the null beacons using Cyrows cheat scripts to get rid of them. started my 4 new ships off in KE again and then got sidetracked building a small complex for the hub, checked back on my prospectors a few hours later, and once again the cargo holds are full of nothing , but the nothing is taking up space.

i did an analysis to log of one of the ships in this situation and all i get is the following

Prospector

Script version: 3103
Libraries version: 3206
Pilot Union version: 3103

Pilot: Babu Mi
Pilot rank: Miner
Work time: 4:04 hour
Employ time: 9:16 hour
Payment: 7,535 credits
Profit: 0 credits
Expenses: 0 credits

Promotion: Yes
Payment: Global account

Ship name: PSC TS (Kingdom End) 01 Ore/0 M-MDS
Ship class: TS
Ship type: Caiman Miner
Transport class: Extra Large Containers XL
Cargo bay size: 7000 units
Cargo bay volume: 6483 units

Relation to Argon: Neutral
Relation to Boron: Neutral
Relation to Split: Neutral
Relation to Paranid: Neutral
Relation to Teladi: Neutral
Relation to Xenon: Foe
Relation to Kha'ak: Foe
Relation to Pirates: Foe
Relation to Goner: Neutral
Relation to ATF: Neutral
Relation to Terran: Neutral
Relation to Yaki: Neutral

Fight Command Software MK1: installed
Fight Command Software MK2: installed

Transporter Device: installed

Supply Command Software: not installed

Jump Drive: not installed
Jump Drive: activated
Jump Drive: not allowed
Jump Drive energy: 700 energy cells
Jump Drive minimum jumps: 1 jumps

Home base: Mammoth (Kingdom End)
Home base class: TL
Home base type: Mammoth
Station account: 111,536,703 credits
Global account: 111,536,703 credits

Work sector: Kingdom End
Work position: X 5208 Y -12866 Z 12239
Work mineral: Ore
Preferred mineral: -

Trade range: 1 jumps

Debris total in Kingdom End: 308
Debris useful in Kingdom End: 286

Ore: 0 collectable debris
Ore: 0 non-collectabel debris
Silicon: 93 collectable debris
Silicon: 192 non-collectabel debris
Nividium: 0 collectable debris
Nividium: 1 non-collectabel debris
Ice: 0 collectable debris
Ice: 0 non-collectabel debris

Ore asteroids: 1
Silicon asteroids: 0
Nividium asteroids: 0
Ice asteroids: 0

now im not entirely sure if thats the actual file i seen being discussed elsewhere if it isnt let me know what it is you want in case it can help track down this interesting issue.

Legionnaire
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 10:59

@Legionnaire

I think the PSC catch the mineral, after he destroyed the mineral with his ship, but not with the MDS. I need a ship with this problem.

Can I have your savegame?

xscripts@lucike.info

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 11:17

Ok Savegame on its way, hope it helps Lucike

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 11:57

@Legionnaire

I got your savegame and can fixed this problem.

http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_confli ... r.main.zip
(unpack and copy this file in script folder)

You must restart the PSC. I'll add this fix officially in the next update.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 17:55

Thanks, was finally away from the comp for a while so d/ling this fix now, thanks, out of curiousity what was causing it? and would it work for other people having the same issue?

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 18:46

Legionnaire wrote:and would it work for other people having the same issue?
This is more of a mining problem.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 15:51

Cheers Lucike. Fixed it - thanks :)

I have had a few of the null nav beacons recreated (I destroyed them all) but then I am not sure that I have reissued the start prospector command on them all yet.

Do you have to stop and then restart, or will simply reissuing hte command work?

Tim

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 15:55

Lucike wrote:This is more of a mining problem.
Illegal cargo can be more than just the 0 / 0 ware.

Some cargo collection script that beams cargo aboard also managed to add ships (maintype 7) to the cargo bay of a TS.

The result is the same.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”