[SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 02:35

Tanjitsu - While not as sustainable as a mining station, Prospector is MUCH cheaper to setup and run and produces Ore, Silicon, and Nividium for sale or for use in a factory. Prospector mines the smaller rocks(asteroid debris) that you cannot put a mine on. The ship you have running the script will either supply your factory/TL you set as homebase, or if it has no homebase set it will sell to the local market (default is 1 jump I believe). Prospector will NOT mine asteroids that you can put a mining station on unless you directly tell it to.. mobile mining destroys the rock.

Also, you forgot to mention Commercial Agent(CAG)..

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 02:38

Ive got a prospector but he wont do anything :P

He's set up in a teladi TS with all the kit he needs.

If i use default mine and trade option he mines ore and sells it, although rather randomly badly some times, i came home today to find im flyin though a gate then back though then through a gain and back a again, just kept jumpin sectors not doin anything, seemed to be in some bad loop.

But with my prospector, i can set to scan and he scans em all in the sector.
then i set him with 5 / 1 for 5 roids yeild 1 (no idea what that means :p)

no home base no jumps allowed.
click start prospecting, its says PST on standby, flying to position, doing nothing for hours ...... still doing nothing .....

Trainning is on, and ive tried with it off too, but doesnt do anything.
i cant afford an TL yet so i have a miner with a trader in toe to beam across cargo once mined, i just want him to mine ore till he's full. not go and sell it.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 02:52

Ignore this the post after made more sense :wink:
Last edited by TSM on Fri, 5. Dec 08, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 02:52

What you're doing is telling him to blow up asteroids if I understand what you're telling me. The 'Destroy Asteroid' option tells the Prospector to destroy the really big rocks that you can put mining stations on; the Prospector drops everything else and destroys how ever many asteroids of whatever yield (or smaller) you told it to. In your case, there might not be 5 rocks with yield 1 or lower in which case he might fly around looking..

I would just not touch that command unless you REALLY want to blow up the asteroids that show up on the sector view - Prospector will do it's job and find the little rocks on it's own to mine. You might set up the options to allow him to trade a little further afield - your bad trades might be due to the limited options he has.

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:03

Ah yeah as i figured i didnt properly understand mining i think.

So the big rocks i see and can scan, they can have a mobile base put on them which will mine rocks from it ?

Or i can use a laser to break em up ?

The prospector collects smaller rocks not shown on scanners ?>

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:12

There are rocks that show up on your sector map, and there are ones that do not.
The ones that do show up on your sector map can have a permanent mining station placed on them - Prospector will normally not touch these, except to scan it. Permanent stations mine the rock they're on, consuming energy cells to produce silicon or ore - these last until destroyed. These large rocks CAN be broken up and mined using mobile mining, however the rock is destroyed. This is the command you were giving Prospector I think..

Prospector will collect the rocks not on the sector map. These smaller rocks are of various sizes, and Prospector uses a Mobile Drilling System to break them up until they are collectible.

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:19

The commands i have available are,

Under Special
Start Mining Minerals - Prospector
Investigate Asteroids - Prospector

When i click start mining, i get the same layout as with EST the traders infor and settings, ive restored them all to default now.

Clicked Start prospecting, and ill watch his hold see if he collects anything.

Thx for your fast responces Vicrry ;)
The fact its not workin is more me not understanding how the mining works in X3 so thx for any input :D

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:29

No problem - be sure to let me know if it is working or not. Remember that not all sectors have small rocks in them, so if he hasn't gathered anything for a while you might try somewhere else. Like Three Worlds or Kingdom End, both have lots.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:31

and Nathans Voyage kept mine busy for days.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 21:49

Doh, its just me not setting it right. i reset defaults and left him and he's up and runnin now. I musta messed somet up :P Thx for support though :D

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 18:40

Very nice script as usual, but I am a bit surprised at the ship class restriction : why TS/TL/M6 only ? Those cannot dock at a TL homebase ; I've bought 4 Falcon Haulers just to help my TL with mobile mining. Sure, they are fighters, but they have 350 XL cargo space and can dock at a TL. Anyway, even if you allow M3 to run the prospector scripts, there aren't that many that can equip an ore collector as it is an XL-size upgrade, so it won't change much. Just will make prospecting an easier operation. :)

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 06:55

The Falcon Hauler is the only M3 with a XL sized cargo bay, as far as I can tell.

I don't know why M3's were excluded from the class list, other than the fact that M3's have almost always been L or M cargo and it'd be easy to overlook it. The Falcon Hauler has the problem that it cannot mount a Mobile Drilling System, so it can't break rocks.. a TS with a transporter device could be more effective as it can break things up and then teleport it's minerals onto the TL. Just be sure to remember to install the transporter device and set the TL as homebase.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 07:30

Falcon Haulers have always been collectors for me. Makes the Mobile Miners more mobile.

It would be nice if they where added
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 10:38

Vicrry06 wrote:The Falcon Hauler is the only M3 with a XL sized cargo bay, as far as I can tell.

I don't know why M3's were excluded from the class list, other than the fact that M3's have almost always been L or M cargo and it'd be easy to overlook it. The Falcon Hauler has the problem that it cannot mount a Mobile Drilling System, so it can't break rocks.. a TS with a transporter device could be more effective as it can break things up and then teleport it's minerals onto the TL. Just be sure to remember to install the transporter device and set the TL as homebase.

Got a problem with that : assigned a TS with transporter to my TL, the TS is collecting minerals alright, but its worktime stays at 00:00. He's now collected over 1000 nividium, but is still apprentice 00:00 wortime. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 22:14

Tontonfred - did you get an answer over in the German forum? I've not seen that yet and it'd be good to know what caused that.

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 00:56

Lucike replied, I think he's gonna take a look tomorrow, he has some Wiehnachtsfeiern to do today :wink:

EDIT : version 3.1.01 available ; allows M3 to prospect + fixed the working time problem for me.

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 14:13

Looks like Lucike sneaked out a new version while I was at the bar..
Prospector
(Version 3.1.01 - 13. December 2008)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Prospector (Version 3.1.01)
-> Necessary Command Libraries (You MUST install these!) (New 11.12.08 !)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 1.3 (Not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

13.12.2008 (Version 3.1.01)
  • The Prospector can now fly a M3-sized ship for collecting minerals.
  • The shipping state could last for a very long time if the Prospector had a ship with a very large cargohold. Solved.
  • Several smaller optimizations.

EvilGrin
x4

Post by EvilGrin » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 16:24

At what experience level does the prospector pilot start using the Jumpdrive?

It's not mentioned in the description of the pilot levels, but there is mention of a 'special course' requirement in the Jumpdrive section.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 20:52

EvilGrin wrote:At what experience level does the prospector pilot start using the Jumpdrive?

It's not mentioned in the description of the pilot levels, but there is mention of a 'special course' requirement in the Jumpdrive section.
The PSCs use the jumpdrive with the experience level Lead Miner.

xxdh2kxx

Weird Glitch

Post by xxdh2kxx » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 08:00

I set up 2 miners in Barren SHores with all the necessary equipment to Mine and made a Mobile Mining Base they're homebase. They do mine and collect minerals but I noticed after about 20 Stazuras the Asteroids and rocks started to disappear. They simply vanished without trace with my miners collecting barely the amount the rocks would have accounted for. Anyone else have this problem?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”