[MD] The Traveling Mechanic - v0.2 - updated 03.12.2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

western
x3tc

Post by western » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 08:27

Don't know whats happened here but overtuned my Carrack and its now capable of 696kph. the odd thing is that whichever saved game I use its speed is now the same!

Any way of reducing/removing the upgrade and starting again!

Thx.
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

mostlikely
x4

Post by mostlikely » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 09:55

western wrote:Don't know whats happened here but overtuned my Carrack and its now capable of 696kph. the odd thing is that whichever saved game I use its speed is now the same!

Any way of reducing/removing the upgrade and starting again!

Thx.
Use the 'remove upgrades' function from the X3TC Cheat Package?

western
x3tc

Post by western » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 20:02

Phew - Thanx, will be more careful next time!
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

Wainaa
x3tc

Post by Wainaa » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 14:35

Well, I found the ship once and bought some upgrades. Now i found it again, but there is no ! and when i comm the onboard engineer, I dont have the option to upgrade my ship. Last time around I upgraded a M6, now I'm in a M2. Does that make a difference? Also, should it start working normally if I uninstall the script, run the game, save&reload, quit and install it again?

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 16:51

Wainaa wrote:Well, I found the ship once and bought some upgrades. Now i found it again, but there is no ! and when i comm the onboard engineer, I dont have the option to upgrade my ship. Last time around I upgraded a M6, now I'm in a M2. Does that make a difference? Also, should it start working normally if I uninstall the script, run the game, save&reload, quit and install it again?
That's weird; maybe the conversation got stuck - I'll need to do some checking.

Unfortunately uninstalling/reinstalling MD scripts usually does not have the effect of resetting everything; certainly this will not fix the mechanic - only way to do that right now is to destroy the whole ship and let it respawn.

//Edit:
Ok, lets try something here.
In my script I added a "catch all" condition that should automatically reset the mechanic and the ship to make sure everything is working as designed.
This cue will only fire every 30 minutes if the player is NOT in the same sector as the ship.
Leave the ship alone and go OOS for at least 1 in-game hour (you can assign a scout to follow it so you may find it later again) and check back later if that fixed the mechanic conversation.

Wainaa
x3tc

Post by Wainaa » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 12:25

What ever you did, didnt have the effect you wanted. the mechanic didnt reset, no matter how long i waited. And it stayed in the same sector the whole time. in the end, i got it to work by taking a xenon patrol mission in that sector and letting the xenons kill it. The respawned mechanic worked normally

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 19:54

Well, that's not good. I mean for me - I'm glad that you could fix it without too much trouble though.

But this means that the script may end up in some deadlock state which I was not able to reproduce or experience myself... yet. Dammit.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 19:50

Just tried your script. I "tuned" my Vidar, Tiger, and Osaka. I really like this script becuase the tunings did not over do it. Other cheats turn your ships into ridiculously fast guided missiles. These tunings are just about perfect!

SoggyGoat
x3

Post by SoggyGoat » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 13:58

Hi Teladidrone,

I have a problem if I'm "out of universe", i.e. in a Khaak sector, or in the
Spoiler
Show
unfocussed jumpdrive sector
then when the Navy Tender docks, the cues to find the next destination fire. The find station appears to fail since there are no boron dockyards within 75 jumps of where I am (since where I am has no gates). The result is that the destination is unchanged and the dock command is issued to where the Tender is already docked. The cue resets and spins in a loop. If I have debug on, I get an infinite number of "dest reached" and "new dest" messages. If I have debug off, the game freezes.

Since I'm currently trying to wipe out the Khaak, this is a bit of a problem, so I've had to rename the MD xml for now. I tried adding a couple of timing clauses to those cues but it didn't help much. Maybe I need to delay the reset of the cue like you do with check3_1.

Otherwise, a cool addition to the game, thanks.
S.G.

LiveAus

Post by LiveAus » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 12:47

I've installed this script about 3 weeks ago and have not found the ship in any Boron sector. Is there a script to allow me to search for it?

SoggyGoat
x3

Post by SoggyGoat » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 11:23

@LiveAus: It travels between Boron shipyards, so can be found anywhere inbetween.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 17:16

EDIT: Problem solved. It worked when I manually installed the data without the scriptinstaller.

:?:
Teladidrone wrote:Just one short notice in your log: "The Traveling Mechanic version X installed."
If you have got that all is well and the ship will start to move around... somewhere.

I installed the script via Scriptinstaller. Ingame however, I don't get a confirmation that the mod has been installed. I'm not even getting a ReadText error :shock: (I'm using the German version) What am I doing wrong?

P.S.: I also tried to add a German Text file to the spk packet, but with no result.
Cockpits!

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 22:50

New Problem....

I managed to install the script and it worked fine in the beginning. I guess the ship was destroyed, because all of a sudden it appeared in the southern Boron sectors. When the ship respawned it was named "=TextIdNotFound= and the mechanic had the same problem. So I decided to remove the files from the t and Director folders and later reinstalled the script. After doing so a new ship spawned (the Textidnotfound one was still there. So far so good:

now here is the problem. The ship has a lightpulp-symbol as it should have, so has the boozy mechanic, but when I talk to him I just get the standard Options: where's the nearest shipyard yadda, yaddah...

What can I do ? When I first installed the script everything was fine?!
Cockpits!

Tanooshman
x4

Found the Mechanic - it works - THANK YOU! - a few notes from a X3 initiate

Post by Tanooshman » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 19:17

About three weeks into X3TC - first X experience. Just want to share a few notes for others like me, who lack the background to understand some of whats posted on these forums.

First - and foremost. For the sake of you and your family DO NOT attempt searching for the ship before the package is successfully installed. Really.

Second - the name of the ship IS NOT "Mechanic". I strongly recommend reading the initial post and clicking on the links before spending 2 days searching.

Third - the Mechanic is BIG. It maneuvers through space and changes course to avoid collision. If you collide with it - YOU LOSE. Period. Altogether.

A NICELY done piece of work. :wink:

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Wed, 13. May 09, 15:22

can it be put into a RAR file insted of spk

crimson522
x4

Post by crimson522 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 10:52

this script is awesome. can i make a suggestion? try adding more upgrades with different prices. like increasing max laser energy and adding extra shield space

Keurallis
x4

Post by Keurallis » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 09:48

Nice script,i like it :D I spent a whole day searching for the damn ship,even tried downloading that teladi information service script to see if i could find it with that,and as i'm sitting there in ministry of finance trying to work the thing,i see your big submarine looking thing float right across my screen.

And i dunno if it was intentional,but if you eject from your ship and comm the dude,you can overtune your space suit :lol: But he still says he's teleporting over... Is there room for 2 in that thing?

crimson522
x4

Post by crimson522 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 15:09

what happens when the mechanic gets destroyed? does he respawn in the same location or does he spawn in a random spot in the universe and how long does it take for him to respawn?

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 10:20

X3 TC 2.5

i have managed to board the mechanic, it turns
into the mobile repairshop. then first got a msg
from the engineer who you call to tune things over
then later a lot of spam msg's from ''actor name mechanics''
or something like that .. is it suppose to spam you with msg's?
otherwise maybe a bug (i got rid of it by removing the script).

question : if you re-engineer it at yr PHQ does it keep the
120.000 freight cap? and maybe it will activate its orginal possibilities
as a mobile repair shop? (the goner aran had to be re-engineered too .. to be fully unlocked, maybe this is the same?)

thnks in advance,

qwizzie

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 02:14

so u can overtune your ships as much as you want for a price?
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”