[SCRIPT] Wing Trade Commands - Buy ware and Sell ware.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PaulP
x4

[SCRIPT] Wing Trade Commands - Buy ware and Sell ware.

Post by PaulP » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 05:38

This script allows you to order a wing to buy or sell. The included scripts do several things: They make the two commands (Buy ware and Sell ware) available for wings; they cycle through the wings and assign the commands to each ship; and they loop the commands the amount of times that you request. The actual command used on each ship is the default Egosoft buy script, these scripts simply collect the information needed and apply the script to each ship in the wing.

The intended use is having a wing of m3s or m4s on a TL ship as supply haulers, and using this as a quick command to buy or sell things from the TL. It's surprising how quickly you can load up an Orca with a wing of 10 Pikes flying. You could even get Falcon Haulers if you needed to load/unload XL cargo.

Installation: Copy the script and t folder to your x3 tc directory. After that, the commands will show up in the Trade section of the wing command console.

Use: Simply issue the order to the wing, then select a station & ware to buy or sell. Then input the amount of ware each ship should purchase for the trip, and the amount of times each ship should repeat the order. If you enter 0 for the repeats it will have the entire wing buy or sell once. A 1 will have them repeat 1 time, thus buying or selling twice - And so on. A negative number (-1 or anything below 0) will keep doing it until you tell them to do something else. Trade command MkI is required for each ship to use the commands, if one ship does not have it he will simply not do anything.

Download:
[ external image ] (v.1.zip)

NOTE: Apparently, filefront is dieing. The link was broken. I moved all my mod files to to drop.io - they have a 1 year inactive expiration date on files, so it should stay a while.
Last edited by PaulP on Tue, 9. Jun 09, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 18:08

does this divide up the goods based on how many ships? for example, will a group of 10 m3s given the command to buy 100 e-cells buy me 100x10 (100 per ship), or 100 total, with 10 per ship?

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 18:34

Its that many per ship. So 100 would give you 1000 with 10 ships.

The repeat is per ship as well - so if you put 100 with 3 repeats each ship would take 4 trips and bring back a grand total of 4,000, and the command would end as soon as the last ship docked back at homebase. You could also just enter -1 for repeats and have them constantly fly back and forth getting 100 per trip until you tell them to do something else.

You can just enter a really high number for amount if you want a full cargo load and don't want to have to check what that would be. In that case they will get the maximum they can carry per trip. So if I told 10 ships to get 1000 each, and they can each hold 309, they would bring back 3090. It uses the egosoft buy/sell, so it has the same functionality.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 23:08

Will this work with a wing of freighters homebased at a complex ?

I'm thinking about the transfer of goods to a PHQ.

It would also be useful if both stations are player, then no buy or sell operation happens, but thats probably not in what you changed.

jonnyboyxt3

Post by jonnyboyxt3 » Sun, 15. Mar 09, 00:11

hi paulp great script, nearly exactly what i was looking for. however would it be possible to modify your scrip so that instead of looking for the egosoft buy/sell it looks up the EST menu so i can assign one EST trade command to a wing of ships?

If so it would be great if you could help show me how as i am new to this scripting language.

jon

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 00:59

base on the same principle, it would be great if it also works with Sector Trader and Universe Trader

Mochida204

Post by Mochida204 » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 14:49

the link is dead... :shock:
PaulP could you upload the file to somewhere else plz =(
I mort with my bare hand sometime XD

ophion
x3tc

anybody has the Wing Trade Commands - Buy ware and Sell ware script from paul p

Post by ophion » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 16:42

he guys

im looking for paulp`s Wing Trade Commands - Buy ware and Sell ware. script but link is dead.

anybody has it and is able to upload or mail it

would be cool to have it or do u know an alternitive

besides is ther someting like the group manegment system from x3r

anyway

thanks in advance :o

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Wed, 9. Feb 11, 23:29

The new link is dead too..

mugsy

link dead

Post by mugsy » Mon, 30. May 11, 04:36

used to use this script ages ago... link is dead and I'm quite keen to get a copy of it again... very useful.

anybody got a copy of it stored somewhere?

edit:
found a copy on the hard drive of a long dead comptuer hidden away in our harry potter cupboard under the stairs!

anyone want? how do i upload here?
do i have to have to upload to a site and link it?

ophion
x3tc

Post by ophion » Sun, 26. Jun 11, 10:50

anybody?????????????????????????

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 02:56

I think I might have it lying around. I'll check tomorrow when I get home from work.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Mon, 27. Jun 11, 09:34

Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

ophion
x3tc

Post by ophion » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 00:54

been a while

thanks man

:lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”