[AL PLUGIN]Conflicts Official Release Thread - v0.85 released -> Collaboration works!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 14:29

because none of our questions get answered in that thread lol pointless
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:24

Walterses wrote:because none of our questions get answered in that thread lol pointless
irrelevant.... merged; rules are rules
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 02:54

I'm sorry guys but i will not be updating conflicts for... some time. The code is there, and anyone with some curiosity can take a look and make some improvements.

However, I don't have the time to hunt a crash bug without a on-crash debugger.

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 20:50

I've started a new game and it works perfect now. Im occupying perpetual sin and the paranid are trying (badly) to get it back. Its only a matter of time until they send in the big guns though :!:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 10:49

did u find out what was causing the crashes?

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 11:35

no, i think maybe it was just that on that savegame i had had various mods installed and uninstalled and it was just causing problems. Works perfect now

dkAN
x3tc

Post by dkAN » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 16:38

hey, I play the german version of X3:TC, so I changed the language ID in the t-file 8700, so i can play my german game, without gettitn news like "can't find codea t-file" or something like that. but this isnt't my problem. My problem is the main menue of conflicts, because I can't find it Oo, the only way to use the main menu is to go in the script editor and open the menu-scrpit. can i open the menu on a different way?? or was it a failure to chane teh language ID?

Edit: sry i was just silly, i deleted something, so that the main menu, couldn't be spawned in the cmd-menu :-D

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 18:16

or you download my german translation :D

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 21:39

Where do the equipment docks come from? I mean, they can invade me, fine, but why did an equipment dock appear out of no-where? Its not normal.

dkAN
x3tc

Post by dkAN » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 22:24

hey, is it normal, that the Atf get terraner-sektors and that the bor.. figth against the argon, teladi but not against the split???

muttertron

Post by muttertron » Sun, 22. Feb 09, 15:05

12 hours, no lock ups, no bugs of any kind except that my help is requested in a NULL sector :? Running Mars, most of cycrow's and LV's scripts, ring of fire, FDN, CMOD, and the BSG ship pack along side it.

For me everything works great except that NULL sector thing with my boron ally I noticed others having this problem too.

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 20:12

I have taken pontifex seclusion but it hasnt given it to me. Theres definately nothing left paranid

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 21:33

Ok people, I have a problem.
I'm running the Conflicts mod and the universe it pretty much in all out war. The Paranid have done several raids into Argon territory (My ally btw) and they destroyed the major headquarters AND the Goner Temple. Any idea how I'm going to get a transport-deivce?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 19:07

You can get a transporter device at the argon trading station in heretics end... if its still there

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 20:10

Mental_Atom wrote:I have taken pontifex seclusion but it hasnt given it to me. Theres definately nothing left paranid
I have the same problem. I destroyed the Split station in The Wall (EQ Dock, there wasn't a Trading Station) and there was an entire Argon Fleet backing me up (several dozen fighters and a Carrier) but no effect.
Developers of the mod: any idea what's causing this?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 05:03

Mavor,

Been following this mod for some time, I have a save game with it active with other mods but I have to agree with some of the other posters regarding the choices the AI makes when choosing oponents.

Haven't seen you post on the Conflicts website recently and saw your earlier post here that you won't have time to update the mod. I was wondering if the community could get a quick update on what's in the works if anything or has this become a dead link?

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 11:41

I was wondering.....Has the bug been fixed? The one where allied races stil attack each other, for example if i ally argon with boron they still invade eachother :evil:

Mental_Atom
x3tc

Post by Mental_Atom » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 18:25

I never knew that bug even existed, so im guessing its fixed

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 13:35

I posted an idea in the modding forum yesterday and was urged to put it in here as well, so here it is:
Crathes wrote:Firstly i was wondering if there is any script that enables you to join a race military to help then expanding their space?

If there is no such mod i have an idea. The player should be able to join the military of any race, given he has a high enough standing (not hostile).
The player can get assignments that will help his race's military. For example if you join the Boron military, you could get missions asking you to destroy Split ships or stations. The races should also be able to claim sectors they destroy, and should start building stations there.

Eventually you will move up in the ranks and gradually recieve more and more important missions, as well as more and more aid from your race.
For example, if youre a captain you could have access to a wing of 4 fighters, if any one ship is destroyed you can just head back to headquarters and get a replacement.
Loosing wingmembers should ofcourse have a negative effect on your ranking.

So basically a mod enabling the races to go to full war with eachother, and even exterminating the enemy race. The player should be able to take an active part in the warring and also maby even become the leader of the whole races military, able to issue commands to all the military craft of the race.
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 15:41

Your ideas would be a good addition to conflicts but Mavor has left the scene. Kind of disappointing really seeing how he went to the trouble of making a website for the mod, released one minor upgrade (Italian support wheeee) then apparently abandoned the project.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate all the effort that the modders go to bring new life to the X universe. They really ought to be given commissions from Egosoft seeing as many people in the community knew going in to buying this game that it would not be exactly the game they wanted but eventually someone would convert it to what you were looking for.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”