[ALP]Deathmatch Arena (DMA) 1.31 03/12/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 23:15

Ran another deathmatch on medium. I can replicate the DMA hotkey problem each time it seems:

Menu after I win

Checking the Xtreme menu first time

Back to main, and back into Xtreme

This time it rewarded me with a Hades M8 bomber with no missiles. Much better then the M2 ray, but its a $5.5 million bomber vs the $1.4 million I earned.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 03:05

I had the same problem with not seeing anything on the DMA menu myself. I did install the SPK.

Exited game, took the un packed version and tossed in there, loaded up, and had menu options on the rewards section.

Not sure what one you installed Chroniss, but if you did the spk, try the unrared file.

Bug? I get a beep all the time now if i deny a match. If i say yes then the beep stops.

So far everything else is going good. Lord Vador uses cloaking device...... :evil: Forgot all about that, lol

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 03:25

I never tried accepting that DMA hotkey reward anyways, and all subsequent deathmatch rewards correctly tell me I don't have enough credits the first time. Is it supposed to show options if you don't have enough credit reward?

Found a problem, the info on give lasers doesn't do anything, and the reward menu never comes back so I lost the million credit reward. Ran through it again, the other infos worked, tried Give Laser info again, this time it gave me a ship...not working but different results. Also I had 26,000 credits that time and it gave me a Vulture Super Freighter which is worth more then a million.
Last edited by Chroniss on Sat, 29. Nov 08, 04:27, edited 2 times in total.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 04:04

ok, ran into some odd stuff

my ship is a M3 Nova, i have 3 M6's and 1 M7 with 4 M3's flying support

1) the use of "Named" ships is anoying, all these ships seem to be loaded to the brim, and OP'd compared to the other ships i fight. (is this intentional?)

2) on my third attempt, the "Referee" ship was red, and acted like an enemy

3) on my third attempt, after i took the bailout, i got the messege (As i have the mod to tell me when a ship is destroyed) Your ship Nova raider was destroyed by "Null"

my instaled mods :
Automated SHopper
Universal best buy
Cheat collection Pack
Comunity Plugin Config
Add jumpdrive and triplex scanners
Compare ships
Free jump (Credits) [Guess its not free... eh?]
Crystal Free Spp (temp)
Lazcorp Claim abandoned ships
Freight Transpory Upgrade
Sector Scanner
Pandora
NPC bail addon
Salvage commands and NPC
Ship Killed Notification [As mentioned above]

and ofcoures
EMP
DMA

Any advice?

EDIT: yea, it turns red, destroys a susanava raider, then turns blue to me

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 07:29

After running through a few challenges (one medium, one hard, and completing every possible wave on each), here's my feedback.

I was fighting in my Boreas (fully loaded, and MARS equipped) for both matches, so both were very easy for me. If I was in an M3 or M6, the hard match would have been a nightmare, however. Hopefully the extreme matches will be a handful for an M2.

I don't know how many of these are intentional, and how many are mistakes:

1. DMA station is a xenon hub... Top looks funky - no surface/textures.
2. Vacated ships disappear after match, giving no time to collect them. Attempting to capture before the match is over angers the referee (I assume this is because you have more than one ship in the sector, and thus, are "cheating" in his eyes?)
3. Pilots eject fairly often - not a big deal if you can't capture them, though.
4. Pilot names are cool, but it would be nice to know what ship types I'm up against.
5. make ships spawn closer. 10-15km away, might be good.
6. You changed names of some already named sectors - Vestibule of Creation (now Neptune's Retreat), Saturn 2 & 3, Jupiter 2 & 3, and Uranus 2 & 3.
6. Can't save during a match (though I personally agree with that...)
7. Player loses ownership of Satellites (or maybe all player owned property?) in deathmatch sector either on DMA installation or on first entering the DMA sector.
8. I'm getting the beeping noise after declining a match as well.
9. We don't really need the instructors cruising around, bothering us, do we? Why not just have a match start by talking to the DMA station? Or just have the instructors cruise around in the DMA sector, and we can go talk to him whenever we want.
10. LOTS of hammerhead missiles dropped as loot (I collected over 100 during the hard match).
11. Actually, there were tons of loot drops in general - I assume this is a side effect of fighting against fully equipped enemies. I'm not arguing. :) It's also nice to get some of the more unusual drops - I got a kyon emitter, for example. Not that I have anything that can mount it...

At the end of the hard match I reached Extreme ranking, so that happened fairly quickly, in my opinion. And the total payout for the hard match was about 64 million, though I chose to unlock the hotkeys (which I haven't tried at all yet).

Other than a few weird things, and maybe a little tweaking of the numbers, I think this is an excellent addition to X3TC. I was beginning to wonder what I would do now that I've completed all the big quests...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 11:55

Chroniss wrote:I chose random ship as reward and it gave me...

A Boron Ray M2 destroyer fully decked out with 5-star marines and shields and Gauss Cannon weapons...

Also I was checking out the menus for the reward, and I went to the extreme menu, and DMA hotkey choice was available, but I went back to the main menu. After going back into the extreme menu it was not available,
Fixed and Fixed

asser69 wrote:
So had the arena guy fly up to the base

EDIT: Duh, read and see you did keep XTest20 in and it wasnt a mistake.

Arena guy only offers now and again, beep was dubug and now disabled

xtest 20 now Imperial Laboratories

The menu will not show items if you do not have enough reward or rank (at least thats the idea) e.g. the Xtreme menu will just show "back to menu" if your too low in rank/reward

Chroniss wrote: Found a problem, the info on give lasers doesn't do anything, and the reward menu never comes back so I lost the million credit reward. Ran through it again, the other infos worked, tried Give Laser info again, this time it gave me a ship...not working but different results. Also I had 26,000 credits that time and it gave me a Vulture Super Freighter which is worth more then a million.
Reward ships better balanced now, I tried the laser info/ get laser and they both worked fine for me so i'll keep investigating....

corhen wrote:ok, ran into some odd stuff

1) the use of "Named" ships is anoying, all these ships seem to be loaded to the brim, and OP'd compared to the other ships i fight. (is this intentional?)
Indeed :) they should be harder although i need to add some logic to the code and weapons balancing as it's a long library ported from TR that has now changed.
corhen wrote: 2) on my third attempt, the "Referee" ship was red, and acted like an enemy
The ref will turn red if you have any combat ships in the sector and your rank is below "warrior" he will then terminate them. You also should not hit him with laser or missile fire ;)

corhen wrote: 3) on my third attempt, after i took the bailout, i got the messege (As i have the mod to tell me when a ship is destroyed) Your ship Nova raider was destroyed by "Null"
there is a destruct code in dma forcing players to get balied ships and then out of the sector quickly, the mod your using will look for the ships killer, if it is destructed then it shows as null
wraith303 wrote: 1. DMA station is a xenon hub... Top looks funky - no surface/textures.
I needed a unique station the HUb will do

wraith303 wrote: 2. Vacated ships disappear after match, giving no time to collect them. Attempting to capture before the match is over angers the referee (I assume this is because you have more than one ship in the sector, and thus, are "cheating" in his eyes?)
Intentional balancing feature, you can get some out you just need to be quick and careful
wraith303 wrote: 3. Pilots eject fairly often - not a big deal if you can't capture them, though.
I'll take a look at the logic

wraith303 wrote: 4. Pilot names are cool, but it would be nice to know what ship types I'm up against.
Intentional to make things a little harder to do at speed
wraith303 wrote: 5. make ships spawn closer. 10-15km away, might be good.
You will die on harder levels, the distance is there for a reason
wraith303 wrote: 6. You changed names of some already named sectors - Vestibule of Creation (now Neptune's Retreat), Saturn 2 & 3, Jupiter 2 & 3, and Uranus 2 & 3.
Neptune's Retreat removed, if you tell me what the other sector have been renamed to i'll fix
wraith303 wrote: 6. Can't save during a match (though I personally agree with that...)
Intentional you should get your Sal Ins back after the DM
wraith303 wrote: 7. Player loses ownership of Satellites (or maybe all player owned property?) in deathmatch sector either on DMA installation or on first entering the DMA sector.
You should have control returned after the DM
wraith303 wrote: 8. I'm getting the beeping noise after declining a match as well.
Debug, fixed
wraith303 wrote: 9. We don't really need the instructors cruising around, bothering us, do we? Why not just have a match start by talking to the DMA station? Or just have the instructors cruise around in the DMA sector, and we can go talk to him whenever we want.
Yes, they are the only way to get DMA's outside the arena sector and some players may not have discovered it yet or want to fight somewhere else, they should only offer missions around every hour or so.
wraith303 wrote: 10. LOTS of hammerhead missiles dropped as loot (I collected over 100 during the hard match).
Loot is loot, if there is too much then i can sort this quite easily, i'd need a forum consensus first though
wraith303 wrote: At the end of the hard match I reached Extreme ranking, so that happened fairly quickly, in my opinion. And the total payout for the hard match was about 64 million, though I chose to unlock the hotkeys (which I haven't tried at all yet).
Rankings now changed from easy to Imperial ;)

download beta 1.1 via first post links, ta for the info, keep it up
:!:

install

just install the scripts as before and turn the plugin off until the subtitle shows "DMA Disabled" then turn it back on

it's always best to use a fresh save on a beta but turning the plugin off/on should do it

look here if you don't know how to turn AL plugins off
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 20:52

One thing i forgot to add which i wasnt sure was when your named ship of LV used the cloaking device, i still had you targeted but MARS had a hard time hitting you. I dunno if your suposed to fully go invis or just be harder to hit. This was on the 1.0 version.

Also, i took a break and flew around aldoran for a bit to try to map it out a bit with this game. Needless to say flying around in a M2 took ages so i was on seta for probly 1 hour RL time. I didnt hear the beep and never was aproached by the DMA arrow. I left and went to the Deathmatch sector to do a match and nothing happened. I flew around for probly 20 minutes in random places, no beep and no dma guy asking me if i want to participate. Seemed like my little trip broke the script to a extent. Again this was on the 1.0 version. Ill try to test it out some more today to see if i can duplicate it, but might not have the time till tommorow

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 00:09

Hmm, well i updated and did the turn off, wait, turn on thing. Played about 2 hours RL time with lots of seta and still havent been contacted at all about any races, sat at the deathmatch named sector for a bit also and nada.

Thinking that the time i spent in aldrin broke it or maybe the arrow ship got killed and isnt respawning.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 02:00

Hi, excellent work at first. Love to fight. Easy is easy, medium is little hard :)

Some problems : i've take the reward "energy lazer" or something like that. Result : lost of LOT cargohold (start 186/300 now 276/300) and can't see what take so huge place.
edit : find the solution. Need to have the hotkeys and DMA interface to use it.

When i win the spacesuit race, i've choose the SETA reward for my spacesuit. But when i want to use the SETA : it won't work. Maybe only during a race?
Ok it works after litlle time

Here's the names of renamed sectors that they wouldn't (it's your choice)
The Void (Kha'ak sector XXX)
Anacreon's kingdom -> Jupiter 2
Kuiperian Descent -> Jupiter 3
Lance's Dominion -> Saturne 2
Shadows End (love this name ^^ like B5) -> Saturn 3
Ashley's Paradise -> Uranus 2
Hope's Nemesis -> Uranus 3
Hero's Memorial -> Elysium of light (Elysée de Lumière in french)

Maybe there will be another.

Keep working :) nice script

Christov
x3tc

Post by Christov » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 10:21

I've had 4 instances now where selecting the random ship prize has done nothing, no msg comes up stating what the ship is, nothing new in the property window, zilch.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 11:03

[ external image ]

for anybody not getting dma offers please look inside the global script tasks options for plugin.dma.go

if it's there let me know, deleting the instance may fix it but you may need to reset the global variable dma.running to null which i'll guess most of you won't know how to.

I'll try to look at the rest today but I have my own deathmatch to contend with today as Mrs V has instructed me to take her christmas shopping, unfortunately I am unable to decline this one ;)
:shock:
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 11:14

When you disable the AL plugin it keeps spamming DMA disabled nonstop. This is after disabling - saving - reloading, still happening.

Theres an issue with the messenger ship. The DMA instructor gets close, despawns, and another respawns. This continues until he finally sends the message (usually by changing sectors or moving your ship).

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 11:46

I do know i had a plugin.dma.callone going on in global script tasks. If that one doesnt stay on as global then i had the plugin.dm.go running.

I did kill it and waited around for about 10 mins in seta and nothing happened.

Ill verify it in the morning as its 3am for me and Plugin Manager hates me with vista x64, and ill have to monkey around for a hour or so to get a old save loaded for a few.

I did try to reset/restart it but i havent advance past the stage of hiting R, and enter a bunch of times. ;)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 13:51

ok i've managed a few mins so i've written a debug option into the DMA interface

there a re 2 options

Reset DMA Running GV

This option will reset the global variable the tells DMA one instance is already running and should be used for players who no longer get offers

you should also go into the global tasks pictured above and delete any plugin.dma.go that are running in there

Open Normal Prize Menu

this option will automatically open the "More Prizes" menu which is offered at the end of a DM, it will ask for a reward value and i've put it up to test the random ship option as i've added code so if it's looping without finding a ship you should be given a khaak m5 scout as a prize at low amounts

please use the interface only to test as the DM's still will need to be fought through or issues will be missed

more fixes once the wife gets off my back

download B1.2 via first post
LV's TC Scripts

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 14:04

Hi LV :) good luck with shopping. May the force be with you.

The "info" about "give lazer" reward give me a random ship.

When i click on random ship reward : do nothing...

When i want to be paid : won't work.

Strange but it work better for me without EMP ^^

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 11:42

I just did about 4 hours of strait DMA. I tried to do a random ship twice and nothing happened, atleast i didnt see anything pop in sector map. One of the times i had around 47 mill i think saved up and took the ship option (round 7 i think on xtreme).

Didnt notice it before but did tonight, that around 7k distance to station is when the pop up comes (i fail at reading first post). That could be partly why i wasnt getting it before on 1.1, but wouldnt explain the arrow comeing in at differnt sector's tho.

Ill get some more time in on it tommorow if im not in pain. Noticeing a blister on my trigger finger right now!

Did a suit race. Had trouble at first with it due to flak being shot all around my ship when i was trying to eject out to start. On my 4th time trying it tho i got out and watched tv while i did the first race to get my seta suit ;)

After the 47 mill ship didnt work, i did hit the debug thing, put in the money, selected a random ship as a reward and didnt get anything eather. Could be something on my side? Id like to hear if anyone else has gotten one with the 1.2 version before i go dig to deep to see if its my setup or not.

Christov
x3tc

Post by Christov » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 12:19

I've been having the same problem, earned roughly 24mil, selected random ship and nothing. I tried the debug thing a few times and noticed that values of over 10 mil (approximately) resulted in no random ship.

Another strange thing is the laser reward option. I used the debug option to spawn some FAA (20,000,000 reward) and I got 2, I chose the option again and got 2, I tried it one last time and got 29. A little strange but it sorta got there in the end.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 13:04

XFree wrote:Hi LV :) good luck with shopping. May the force be with you.

The "info" about "give lazer" reward give me a random ship.

When i click on random ship reward : do nothing...

When i want to be paid : won't work.

Strange but it work better for me without EMP ^^

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 18:58

i should be able to fix the laser later, as far as the random ship bug it appears of feedback i need more code to handle big win amounts as the command was made really for low level rewards so i need more logic, the xtreme menu with "specialist ship" should give the better ships

ta for the feedback, much appreciated, also does the spacesuit race appear that if you just autopilot to the station you win?
LV's TC Scripts

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 22:35

Well from what i remember, yes and no. I had no idea where i was going at first so i flew around in circles for about 10 seconds till i started heading right towards the correct destination.

At one point i had someone 147 meters behind me then we got to the space station and while i went strait forward to the dock, everyone else went up to take the long run.

ill do some more of it later on today to see more on it, maybe get some time to test out the raceing, and try to do one of each reward that i can chose at my rank to see what happens.

I know engine turning works!

Ohya! Not sure if this is a bug or not. I useally keep unlimited saves on with the cheat pack. Which keeps insurance at 20. Looking at keyboard right now i see i have 669 insurance. Im not sure if i gain more every one i do or if i started gaining insurance when i pre matured saved one time during a match. i think i did save in a match and started gaining insuracne like crazy.

I dont know if there is a limit on it or not, but it is posible that could be tied into the arrow not apearing my last install? I remember around 450 on that character. Anyways, ill nuke it and continue on.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”