[ALP]Deathmatch Arena (DMA) 1.31 03/12/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 09:08

Ok, thanks.

So, I have to change sectors a lot, and get to 7k of the Hub then leave, then come back, etc., right ?
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 09:26

From what ive noticed, ya. Ive sat in a sector for 30 minutes or so and have had nothing pop up, then as soon as i fly/jump to another sector BOOM, instant arena guy comeing to me.

And as for the hub, 6-8k. I could never get a match there at the hub untill i fugured the range out.

Code: Select all

Found to the East of Mists of Elysium players who target the station and are within 7k of the DMA HQ will be offered Deathmatches and races if their rank and license requirement are high enough
I seta for about 5 minutes and i was about 3k range and nothing, as soon as i went out a bit then came flying strait in (from the west gate) i was greeted.

Althought it say's rank and license, ive gone there with the start of a new game and a ship scripted in and ive started fighting right away. Of course you'll need license's to do any other type of fighting that isnt strait ship to ship combat.

Hope this helps. I know LV can give better stuff about it, but this is what ive noticed from it atleast.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 18:20

the "arena guy" is set to offer every 70 mins : 4200s

if you want to alter this go into Script plugin.dma.callone

Code: Select all

028   if $dma.hq.call != 1
029   |skip if $newtimer > 4200
030   ||return null
031   end
change the 4200 to a lower/higher value

also when your within 7k of the hub open the sector map, target the hub, press 'i' for the station info screen and then enter and they should be pretty instant

[ external image ]

OWP's didn't really test them too much, if they are cannon fodder i'll look at their loadouts to see if a can put some imperial funk into them or remove them as M1's

as far as the xtreme payouts asser, i', pulling 20-35 million in an m7 so your payouts are wierd (unless your changing ship)

The dma list popping up at death i'll look at
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 20:02

Ok, well if your doing 20 mill a m7, then the high payment is probly correct. I useally have around 10 or so m7's per wave at xtreme.

I am useing a Xtreme plugin from Cmod3 which is x4 enimies which might be effecting this. Although i thought it was more for patrols. Xenon sector's are to rough for me still ;)

But ya, OWP are a easy kill in a m2 atleast. Mostly due to the range of my weapons compared to theres. I useally go go in with 1 ship only. Was a rareity that i brought in another ship.

I lost betty the other day so had to go back a few days in savegames, ill work more on it today. Guess the good thing about going back was that i found that my 2nd m2 i had was decked out in 200mj shields and no weapons, so no wonder that one died rather fast! heh

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 23:12

Okay this mod added a shipyard and EQ in
Spoiler
Show
Imperial Laboratories
The stock seems to fluctuate each time you look at the trade menu, and most of the stock is unbuyable due to rank. Is what you can purchase determined by your DMA rank, or is there some other means of determining what you can buy?

Also several minor issues.

1. Each time the arrow offers me a DMA it offers it twice. I will get an offer, it will start to fly away after I refuse it, and then it will return and offer it again a short time later.
2. It doesn't have to be the player ship that approaches the DMA Headquarters as long as the player is in system.
3. Several times I have seem ships with more fighters docked than they had docking slots. This has been most obvious with the Large OWP, which has 3 slots and had 20 or 30 fighters docked.
4. Defiantly remove OWPs they suffer from the problem that they will not attack unless you get within a certain range (and it is a very short one around 4.5 km), so as long as you have IBL or better you can kill them with ease.
5. Last fighters that start docked at a M1 and are launched in response to an attack tend to wander aimlessly around the sector. Maybe set them up with protect orders?

Even with these really minor problems this is an excellent script. Two thumbs up!

athelred

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 00:00

Well with 1.1 version, i noticed there was stuff at that sector, but with 1.3 and a new install, i didnt see anything there. That could be due to the fact that i went there a quest line before i did any DMA fighting.

I do know the sector was renamed there, which doesnt bother me at all.

I know that gazz's turrent crusade did some changes to the OWP. I havent fought any since he did that tho, so i cant say if it would help or not.

With in terms of the offer x2. Ive had differnt sector's offered to take place in the DMA on a offer run. Well first ship is for one place, i say no, he fly's away, another comes in and gave some other place. Whichleads me to a question. How is the sector determined on where to have one at? My last game i seemed to only get one place with about 3 day's /played in game, while this new game in about 5 hours in it and ive seen like 4 differnt places.

I choice a random fab for a reward and got a disco shipyard. I know i could not land my m2 there, docking was denied. Im guessing the fab/shipyard is treated as a regular factory?

I did run into 1 thing which i wasnt sure if it was DMA related or my xtreme script i use. Once the xtreme 2 wave kicks in, ive killed some ships and didnt get any rank increase, i didnt hear missle launched so im pretty sure i didnt kill them by killing there missle when launched. I useally see 7 or 8 m7's by themselfs then of course the other spawn a bit away that comes chaseing from the rear.

Mmmmm, 1 compatability problem i did see. I do use M.A.R.S. and have the goblins set to be used on enimie ships. They will launch the goblins (fighter drones) and disapear right away. While it's probly a mars script problem, figured id say something here.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 00:03

athelred wrote:Okay this mod added a shipyard and EQ in
Spoiler
Show
Imperial Laboratories
That's the seed of what will become much more in time throughout all my work ;)
athelred wrote:
The stock seems to fluctuate each time you look at the trade menu, and most of the stock is unbuyable due to rank. Is what you can purchase determined by your DMA rank, or is there some other means of determining what you can buy?
intended to change wares every hr or so see above, Imperial Laboratories will be included in all my scripts and will be separate and also linked into my plugins, that sector and what will come out of it in time have nothing to do with DMA

athelred wrote: Also several minor issues.

1. Each time the arrow offers me a DMA it offers it twice. I will get an offer, it will start to fly away after I refuse it, and then it will return and offer it again a short time later.
The arror is from TR, as it seems to be nothing more than annoyance i'll code it out and handle it another way
athelred wrote: 2. It doesn't have to be the player ship that approaches the DMA Headquarters as long as the player is in system.
Intended, don't ask me why but i do recall coding it this way for a reason, a reason i no longer remember
athelred wrote: 3. Several times I have seem ships with more fighters docked than they had docking slots. This has been most obvious with the Large OWP, which has 3 slots and had 20 or 30 fighters docked.
Never underestimate the power of the force, actually this should not happen so i'll look at it
athelred wrote: 4. Defiantly remove OWPs they suffer from the problem that they will not attack unless you get within a certain range (and it is a very short one around 4.5 km), so as long as you have IBL or better you can kill them with ease.
As soon as i've taken a good look at them to see they could not become a missile platform or other deadly weapon equipped correctly i'll pull em.

athelred wrote: 5. Last fighters that start docked at a M1 and are launched in response to an attack tend to wander aimlessly around the sector. Maybe set them up with protect orders?

Need to look at support code
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 00:19

superb work!

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 06:34

no matter what i do no matter how hard i try i cannot under any circumstance get the arena to let me enter a match a second time. i have lowered the timer down to as low as 90, waited for 2 hours, left the sector, reentered the sector. i have tryed everything.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 03:44

ok, ran into something odd. was in my M3, a Argon one (Forget the name) in Profit Center, i think it is. a DMA arrived, i chose spaceship race, cause this i just unlocked it the last time
it said "Enter your Spacesuit" so i stopped my ship, hopped out
Immediately my ship blew up, then i blew up!!!!
i had no enemies in the sector, IDK what went wrong

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 07:27

ok, i fixed the problem i was having, i disabled the deathmatches using the artificial life menu and reenabled it and it now works fine

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 21:38

This isnt working....

I enter sector, select the DM HQ (distance is less than 7km), select info, nothing happens.... :evil:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 11:59

do the same as adecoy did

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 12:20

yeah, just did that by accident last night and it worked :D

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 07:25

Could you give me advice on renaming sector's???

I want to change the two sectors south-west of unholy descent.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 14:35

look in the 8805 t file in the dma pack, it renames sectors with the names listed in there

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 17:22

I tried to do a Spacesuit Race, entered my spacesuit and seconds after, mines start apearing blowing me and all astronauts to hell. Am i doing somethig wrong? Im not even moving one inch and the mine still appear.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 10:14

:evil: :evil: LV what kind of race is this? i entered a race from DMA sector to Great Reef, was in the lead and just when i was aproaching the HQ(finish line) my ship SUDDENLY BLEW UP!!! :evil: :evil: It happened 3 times allready. What is this?? Same thing goes for the Spacesuit championship :evil: I enter my spacesuit and seconds after mines start appearing blowing me up :evil:

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 17:55

Heloooo! LV! please respond. Im having a problem with DM races and spacesuit races!! mines appear and blow me up!!! PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 03:58

i would suggest you do not go on the harder levels of races without a ship than can detect mines or has enough shields

if there are mines in the easy and medium levels there is a bug
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”