[SCRIPT] Invasion warnings v1.1 [2008-11-28]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 06:43

This script goes well with ttl's Race Patrols mod. I'm using the version that leaves civilians and regular patrols in, seeing bit of an increase in fighting between factions now, and now I know where to go watch the fireworks. :D
Rawr!

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 07:08

@ThisIsHarsh: Yeah, you can download gzip, which is small and free. That's the format used by TC. So you'd rename (for example), my.script.xml to my.script and then run gzip my.script which will output my.script.gz. Rename it to my.script.pck and you're set. If you don't already have it, I also suggest getting Microsoft's "Command Prompt Here" shell tool. In Explorer, it allows you to right-click a folder and select "Command Prompt Here", saving you the trouble of running Start > Run > cmd, then trying to use all those DOS commands to navigate to the correct directory (because gzip is a command-line utility, not GUI). WinRaR can open/extract gzip files. 7-Zip can handle them also.

Gzip

Command Prompt Here - Windows XP

-Grax

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 08:44

Ah ok, just checked 7zip and it can compress to gzip already... what compression level should I use though (store, fastest, fast, normal, maximum, ultra)?

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 17:40

ThisIsHarsh, had a thought. Instead of pop-up messages, any chance of using the message log and the status bar/tooltip bar at the bottom? Or maybe have more than the existing combos of messaging options?

Thanks man!

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 18:04

kipstafoo wrote:ThisIsHarsh, had a thought. Instead of pop-up messages, any chance of using the message log and the status bar/tooltip bar at the bottom? Or maybe have more than the existing combos of messaging options?

Thanks man!
I thought about that, but decided since invasions were relatively rare there wouldn't be all that much spamming, also you generally need to check the information more than once, so the subtitle bar probably wouldn't display long enough.

Saying that, there is no harm in adding extra options, and it's fairly simple, so it's on my todo list.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 08:00

Update v1.1

:arrow: Added 'log only' option

:arrow: Added subtitle warning option

NOTE: check your settings in the Community Configuration Menu, as they may change once you update.

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 18:17

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update v1.1

:arrow: Added 'log only' option

:arrow: Added subtitle warning option

NOTE: check your settings in the Community Configuration Menu, as they may change once you update.
Good deal! Thanks man! I ran my game overnight with SETA on and had 105 messages to click though... now I don't need to! :)

Jelani Gunju

Post by Jelani Gunju » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 20:14

Okay, as usual... I'm Late on What's going on!!!

I currently have stations in 6 different Core Sectors - one in each race. I haven't heard or seen any invasions; of course, if I'm reading all of this correctly, its because none have occurred in a sector in which I have a station.

In any case, what exactly is going on... are these attacks something I want to get involved with? I'm currently on GREAT terms with all races, and working on each races Plot Mission (Terran Complete, Don't know when/if Split will ever complete), but...but...but...

Well, I'm not really even sure what my question is; but bottom line; can someone kind of fill me in on all of this???? :?
Jelani Gunju
*A Wise Man Once Said: A Strong Man Never Gives Up.

*A Strong Man Once Said: A Wise Man Knows when to Move On!

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 20:32

You get a message saying a ship is attacking a sector.

ie An Argon Titan is invading Paranid Prime.

If you jump soon enough you can watch the fireworks.

I think a sat network is what you need.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Jelani Gunju

Post by Jelani Gunju » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 20:49

I've got a few satellites set up, but primarily in sectors with a direct connection to my 'So-Called' Empire.

But for the most part, is this just for a 'Free Show' or is there more involved with this that should concern me?
Jelani Gunju
*A Wise Man Once Said: A Strong Man Never Gives Up.

*A Strong Man Once Said: A Wise Man Knows when to Move On!

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 22:23

ThisIsHarsh, have you seen this work in 1.3? I started a new game when 1.3 came out and I haven't seen a single invasion.

dryzdale
x4

Post by dryzdale » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:29

i just dloaded this script and when i try to load a game my TC crashes and an error message saying something along the lines of "could not load save 06.sav properly file could be corrupted" and this only happens when this script is enabled

i dunno if youve had this problem or anyone else has but it is definatly this script not working with another or just not working

super5

Post by super5 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 14:23

Hello!
This script sound very interesting! I didn't know there were some kind of wars between races...
I want to test this script, but there is one thing i don't endersand :
when ThisIsHarsh say : "property in the responding carrier group's current sector" its mean that the player have to have some ship or station in the sector where the responding group is based in??

And in order to receive a warning, the player need a property in the military sector. Those sector are those where we can find military outpost? Or those where military bases can be found, or both??

See you!

mms333

Post by mms333 » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 20:20

Hi verybody.

I'm on 2.0a and installed the script along with the Community config menu to watch the fireworks..
I was also able to configure the settings ingame.
Also do I have 80+ Satellites in use.

Either the script isn't working for some reason or no invasions are happening.
I did however notice more than once that entire military battlegroups cross sectors of other races and even military forces of the owning race -being well in sensor range- don't seem to care.

Can anyone help me to understand?

Edit: Oh, I forgot: ** MODIFIED **

nankura
x3tc

Post by nankura » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 11:32

is it possable for this to work with X3AP?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 12:20

nankura wrote:is it possable for this to work with X3AP?
I won't break you game* and it SHOULD* work, so you should try it, and be a test subject for the rest of us :wink: .

No Guarantees ;). Make a backup of your saves first.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

nankura
x3tc

Post by nankura » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 12:32

How will i know when its working. like, yea i could install and wait for something happen, but is there a way to force an invasion.

Update: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1010/x3apinvwarn.jpg

Im recieving the config menu without issue and theres be no strange ingame effects in X3AP 2.0, seems fine so far. i will report when i see an invasion message/check the sector of the invasion

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 21:48

nankura wrote:i will report when i see an invasion message/check the sector of the invasion
And then we never heard back from him again. :P

I think I'll try this one myself and report back on the results.

[EDIT] Yeah, I had it running for 1 hour 22 minutes (game time) without getting any notifications (turned property requirements off and stuck a satellite in every sector) and didn't get any alerts.

Either it doesn't work with AP or there are very few invasions.

nankura
x3tc

Post by nankura » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 10:54

apologies for never responding. i got busy for a while with real life. but as i recall during the process of testing this mod in AP

I also did not recieve any invasion warning's even with SAT setup in most sector's. i think mostly considering AP has a new war system, the script might need some modification to work

qibisa
x3fl

Re: [SCRIPT] Invasion warnings v1.1 [2008-11-28]

Post by qibisa » Thu, 11. May 23, 15:27

Hello, how can I download this script? I don't see any link in thread?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”