[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 20:02

Gazz wrote:The reason for that is actually in the descritption. Even marked as important in bold and red.
I marked it as such because it's kinda like... important. Okay?
Well, this is from the link you provided to the original thread:
On subsequent crunch runs the position argument is ignored and the Factory modules automatically added to an existing Module Complex.
If you are using a Module Complex you do not have to position new factories within connection range of the hub any more.
Randomly drop them somewhere in the sector.
They are automagically assimilated into the Module Complex when you rerun the crunch command.
Expanding complexes becomes easier than ever before.
I see nothing there that says I can't drop a new factory and run crunch a second time. In fact, it says exactly the opposite.

If you're referring to this:
You are allowed to connect the Module Complex to the hub but if you do so, it's very likely that the hub will be destroyed the next time you run the crunch command.
The factory modules ( =real producing factories) are the ones you are supposed to connect.
That's exactly what I did. The first time I made one, I made the mistake of connecting the Module Complex, with the resulting explosion. The second time, I just connected all the factory modules and not the Module Complex. I don't know how I can explain it any clearer than that. This is what I did, exactly:

1. Built an Ore Mine.
2. Built a SPP XXL.
3. Ran Crunch.
4. This gave me: 2 Ore and 1 Energy Cell factory modules, plus the Module Complex.
5. I connected only the 2 Ore and 1 Energy Cell factory modules. (not the Module Complex)
6. I built a SPP Medium in the same sector.
7. I selected "crunch" from the menu, and as soon as I did, the previously connected Ore and Energy Cell modules came apart and got destroyed.

So... "expanding complexes becomes easier than ever before" didn't exactly apply in my situation.

-Grax

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 20:57

Gazz. Thank you SO MUCH for converting this mod for Terran Conflict! I made a reference to it in anohter complex construction thread. I like yours better because I don't have to worry about aligning my complexes. I just connect them, squish them and send them far away! :) Thanks again!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 21:13

Graxster wrote:1. Built an Ore Mine.
2. Built a SPP XXL.
3. Ran Crunch.
4. This gave me: 2 Ore and 1 Energy Cell factory modules, plus the Module Complex.
5. I connected only the 2 Ore and 1 Energy Cell factory modules. (not the Module Complex)
6. I built a SPP Medium in the same sector.
7. I selected "crunch" from the menu, and as soon as I did, the previously connected Ore and Energy Cell modules came apart and got destroyed.
At step 2 I already had a problem. TC does not have a SPP XXL. It must be from another mod you are running. Did you combine the mods? If you did not manually adjust TFactories, the CC should not even work. Either that or your other mod would be overwritten and could not work.
Personally I suspect this as the most likely reason for any misbehaviour.

For now I simulated this by building 2 SPP XL instead.

The rest I did just as in your checklist.

At no point I connected the "Module Complex 1" to anything, just as you said.

I then build additional SPP in the sector, always running crunch afterwards.
At no point did the Complex Hub or any other factory get destroyed.
The new Energy modules just ended up physically inside the Module Complex but unconnected, waiting to be wired up.

Any and all connected factories (whether in "the" complex or in a 2nd complex beside it) were always ignored even if they could have been used to build a bigger combined module.

Works as designed...?

angrysquirrel wrote:I like yours better because I don't have to worry about aligning my complexes. I just connect them, squish them and send them far away! :)
Sorting stuff, aligning stuff - isn't that what man built computers for? =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fishface60

Post by fishface60 » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 22:18

I see this mod adds a mod to the mod list you select on startup, is there a way to select more than one mod or have I missed the point entirely.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 22:24

You can install multiple mods as fake patches.

The link to the description in the first post tells you how.
Hint: it's the link with all those huge red exclamation marks.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 23:16

Hey Gazz! I just installed the mod and unfortunately I'm getting the following error right after I load my game. The error is in a dialogue box which says,

"complex cleaner v 326 installation / upgrade FAILURE

text objects: detected

station objects: not detected at index null."

I don't have a high energy plasma thrower on my ship yet. Could this be the reason I'm getting this error? Where will the menu be to do the complex cleaner run again? Thanks!

vannawodka

Same issue as angry above

Post by vannawodka » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 23:28

Hept didn't correct this. It's installed as a fake patch on steam version.

Any possibility it conflicts with the fcc?

N/m disabling fcc had no effect.

What I have running:

cheat collection
fcc
Improved boarding
crystal free spp
station repacker
Marauder ship yard
Universal best buys

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:00

Sorry, that was a typo. It wasn't an XXL, it was an SPP XL. I dunno then, maybe I screwed up somehow. I'll give it another shot. :)

-Grax

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:10

I'm getting the same issue that was mentioned earlier - A short while (maybe 5 minutes or so) after I have finished connecting all the modules, my hub blows up, along with some of the modules. I have been careful not to attach the Module Complex to the rest of the stations.

To start with, there are 28 total modules (of all sorts), plus a Module Complex 3. Also in sector is my PHQ, and a few other unused asteroids. There are no NPC stations at all (this whole thing takes place in the unknown sector east of Montalaar).

After the explosion, I have 16 modules, no hub, and I can see that the remaining modules' shields are gone, and their hulls are slowing deteriorating. The Module Complex's shields are still intact, but are also being depleted. I assume the hull would begin deteriorating too, if I watched long enough.

One of the strange things is that if I turn on SETA, all of the modules (including the Module Complex) stop losing hull, and start regaining shields. As soon as I turn SETA off, they begin losing shields, and then hull, just like if they were colliding.

Obviously, nothing is ramming the stations/Module Complex, so I can only assume that they think they're running into each other...

If there's some more debugging info that I can do, just let me know. But keep it fairly simple - I not very familiar with the script editor.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:23

That's weird, that's the same sector I'm using. Can't be a "weird" sector thing, can it? Is it maybe because of those "ship debris" things all over the place? Maybe the complex fell apart on its own, and me using crunch a second time just so happened to be at the same exact time, so it looked like the crunch made the problem.

-Grax

Edit: I also have a PHQ there. We're doing the same thing, seems like. :D Do you have the Xenon Hub sector connected to the east gate? That would be too weird.

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:45

Graxster wrote:That's weird, that's the same sector I'm using. Can't be a "weird" sector thing, can it? Is it maybe because of those "ship debris" things all over the place? Maybe the complex fell apart on its own, and me using crunch a second time just so happened to be at the same exact time, so it looked like the crunch made the problem.

-Grax

Edit: I also have a PHQ there. We're doing the same thing, seems like. :D Do you have the Xenon Hub sector connected to the east gate? That would be too weird.
Indeed I do. :)

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:46

Gazz wrote:
pewpew wrote:There is a collision problem which will destroy the entire complex after some time if you stay IS.
Aren't you being a leeeeetle vague there?

What is it colliding with?
Certainly not it's own factories.

Have you even read the description, especially the parts marked as IMPORTANT in RED and BOLD?
It's colliding with it's own factory (and the tubes) but only after you get out of the sector then in again.
That's what I did exactly :
build 8 teladi silicon mine L
build 5 teladi ore mine L
crunched
build 12 boron crystal fab M
crunched
build 4 bofu lab L
build 2 bofu lab M
build 4 bio gas fab L
build 2 bio gas fab m
crunched
build boron XL SPP
crunched
build a hub using FCC and connected everything (except the module complex). I was IS (hollow infinity) during the whole procedure.
To test if everything worked as intended I leave the sector and go in again and the hub exploded soon after followed by the different stations inside the module complex.

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:31

pewpew wrote:It's colliding with it's own factory (and the tubes) but only after you get out of the sector then in again.
That's what I did exactly :
build 8 teladi silicon mine L
build 5 teladi ore mine L
crunched
build 12 boron crystal fab M
crunched
build 4 bofu lab L
build 2 bofu lab M
build 4 bio gas fab L
build 2 bio gas fab m
crunched
build boron XL SPP
crunched
build a hub using FCC and connected everything (except the module complex). I was IS (hollow infinity) during the whole procedure.
To test if everything worked as intended I leave the sector and go in again and the hub exploded soon after followed by the different stations inside the module complex.
That matches my experience. After I finished attaching all my modules, I left to go take care of a little Xenon incursion in a different sector. The explosions began shortly after I jumped back to the sector that I was building in.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:50

Question: is the module complex (the huge box) really needed?

Aestetically i would like to remove it so i dont have 2 stations (the hub+modules, and the complex box) in the sector.

It would be ok if i could join it too, since it dissapears from the menu, property screen, etc.

Edit: i just jumped to the sector and noticed the big box is slowly losing shields. The complex (modules+hub) seems ok.
[ external image ]

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 02:20

N/m I somehow fixed it by first extracting to a mod folder and then renaming it to 08.dat.

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 03:47

I just checked my complex and saw that my mines are producing far less than what they should (40% less ore and 44% less silicon wafers per hour).
Did I overlooked something or :?.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 04:15

angrysquirrel wrote:"complex cleaner v 326 installation / upgrade FAILURE
text objects: detected
station objects: not detected at index null."
You did not enable the mod, therefore the modded stations can not be found.

The CC command is under "Custom", along with the Nav or Combat commands.

pewpew wrote:I just checked my complex and saw that my mines are producing far less than what they should (40% less ore and 44% less silicon wafers per hour).
It's perfectly possible that this doesn't work right for TC, yet.
Mines are the trickiest factories to convert.

pewpew wrote:It's colliding with it's own factory (and the tubes) but only after you get out of the sector then in again.
Ahh! Now that's interesting.
The factory models have no model to collide with so this is more than a small miracle.
It should still be fixable...

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 06:02

Well it was working at first but if I crunch a second time or leave a sector without interconnecting with tubes my stations keep exploding. Guess I'll stick with fcc for now.

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 08:26

Hi Gazz is just I need!But It's look like a "BOX" may be not cool.I have a suggestion may be use terren's station as a complex moddel?And I guess these station's "ring" is expansion module to add different function area.

drakend

Post by drakend » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 09:32

I have the same problem of the exploding factories. Here is my savefile:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jrzyannztyz
(the game starts in the same sector where the complex is going boom after a few seconds.)

and I have these scripts installed:
[ external image ]

The factories collides each other: anyway it seems the problem is created when adding more factories after the first "merge", aka after running the crunch command two or more times.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”