[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Re: Test Results

Post by Gazz » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 16:13

LarryBurstyn wrote:I am somewhat confused by the above statement. My plan was to just keep adding factories not to destroy the hub. If I destroy the hub I can add a lot more factories and it just adds more modules? My plan was to add a factory, crunch it, wait, SAVE, add a factory, crunch it, ...etc., until it blows up. But if I destroy the hub I can add a lot of factories and crunch it to more modules. Currently my CC complex has 3 modules I can increase that to 4 or even MORE if I destroy the hub first?? WHat happens to the factories I have already connected.
No connected factory is ever touched. Module or classic factory alike.

If you have a size 5 module in your complex it can and will never be combined into a size 10 - until you release it from the complex.
That is all.

All you get is a more efficient optimisation. Think Lego. If you have exactly one Lego block... how many ways do you see to combine it into a bigger block?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

drakend

Post by drakend » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 16:28

Gazz wrote:
drakend wrote:I re-made the entire connection thingy using the NORMAL drop option and the crash didn't occur.
No the crash didn't occur to me either with the cheated factories... they weren't just accepted, but the cause is this one:
Gazz wrote: - they must be working, meaning that they display a cycle time that isn't 00:00:00
They weren't working... :lol:
So this explains why CC didn't accept them.
These FCC created factories - did they work? Did they have all products and resources and did they all start blinking after a while on SETA?
Yeah to all of your questions. Anyway I noticed, in the save where there was the crash, that the crash wasn't related to that complex strictly. It occured evreytime I tried to drop a station from a TL... :?
I noticed this subtle difference yesterday nighyt after infinite tryings.
Now for a crash - I can't imagine how that would happen.
CC doesn't do anything with the original stations - except destroying them when it's finished converting.
Yeah I think this isn't CC related because that crash happened as soon as I dropped a station from a TL so this means it's something else... a bug in X3TC itself maybe, I really have no clue.
Can you try destroying some of those FCC created factories with a cheat key or using the Self Destruct option when landed? If that should be the reason of the crash there is nothing I can do about it.
No the crash didn't happen during the destruction of complex kits and/or stations... FCC or not.
It suddenly started to happen with my TL and I mistook that crash as caused from CC while this isn't the case.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 17:23

So it's the building video that crashes? Fascinating...

I took the latest version of TFactories as a base for my mod so it's not likely anything broke with the installation of the mod.
All I did was append my factories to the end of the file.

Factories can be scripted OOS easily enough but AFAIK there is no way to script a connection.
CC can work 100 % OOS but that doesn't help you if X3 crashes on the build/connection video.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

drakend

Post by drakend » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 18:27

Gazz wrote:CC can work 100 % OOS but that doesn't help you if X3 crashes on the build/connection video.
Well it doesn't seem to happen anymore, so I can just pray it will function properly from now on. That video is the thing I hate the most within X3: instead of adding the possibility to disable the warp-tunnel video, they could have added the possibility to display that animation! :lol:

drakend

Post by drakend » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 22:08

Ok the problem is this guys:
pjknibbs wrote:
ChairborneRanger wrote: On a similar note, I am now unable to build stations. Period. Upon issuing the command to any one of my TLs, I will get confirmation from Betty, then the nice camera rotation around my TL, and then..... CTD. I've tried every kind of station I can think of, and it doesn't seem to discriminate.
That's a known issue. The workround is to hit F2 for external view, then tap 0 on the numeric keypad to cycle through all the available external view types. Apparently this crash is purely related to how long you've been playing and has nothing to do with the number of stations you have.
The problem is a bug in the game... :roll:
I posted it here for reference because someone may think it's the mod while it's the game itself. I hope this will help someone.
Gazz excuse me if I make you waste your time making un-necessary testing, while your mod is perfect, the problem is the game.

PS Egosoft next time I'll go for undrmed, patched and cheaper version 2.0... :lol:

devir
x3

Post by devir » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 15:53

I just downloaded this script and got the opportunity to rebuild my vast 1fp/m Ore belt complex into a smaller less direly ugly borg cube.

The thing i noticed is that as mentioned earlier, the modules start to slowly lose shields and then hull. I had lost my silicon and ore mines before ever realizing this.

Once connecting them all to the complex hub and then using Cycrow's cheat script to "reload shields and hull" fixed the issue and they stopped the doomsday cycle.

I saw this happen in presidents end, Ore belt and Aldrin where my 3 main complexes are.

On a side note MARS and a Boreas i feel invulnerable.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:20

I was told (and have seen) that this only happens when leaving and reentering the sector so that's what I fixed.

Since it apparently can happen right after crunching I can fix that even easier.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:22

the bugf when building froma tl has to do with the camera system.

fix:
Press F1 to switch to external view.
Press 0 (zero) until camera starts rotating.
Press F1 to go back to normal view again.

Thats it, your game shoudlnt crash anymore.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:57

devir wrote:The thing i noticed is that as mentioned earlier, the modules start to slowly lose shields and then hull. I had lost my silicon and ore mines before ever realizing this.

Once connecting them all to the complex hub and then using Cycrow's cheat script to "reload shields and hull" fixed the issue and they stopped the doomsday cycle.
This happened right after crunching and before connecting?
What was the exact sequence of events? When did you enter the sector and build the factories and what was already there?

Then you should enable it for all enemy cap ships as well. =P

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 22:53

Just a heads up for everyone don't install crystal free spp to spp xl's and crunch them. Output is reduced to a factory of small size for some reason. Unfortunately I noticed this after dropping about 20 mil in upgrades. :( This mod adds to much of a performance boost not to use, so I'll deal and run seta.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 10:35

vannawodka wrote:Just a heads up for everyone don't install crystal free spp to spp xl's and crunch them. Output is reduced to a factory of small size for some reason. Unfortunately I noticed this after dropping about 20 mil in upgrades. :( This mod adds to much of a performance boost not to use, so I'll deal and run seta.
Crystal free does work. Crunch the factories then upgrade to crystal free.

You cant upgrade a complex to crystal free The connections have to be destroyed first or you SPs will just stop working.

Edit.
Btw Thanks Gazz this is this is totally awsome. I can actually enter sectors where i have factories.

If only there was a mod to stop the AI ramming into the first thing they see when i enter sector i could even defend them myself.
Scripts I use.

devir
x3

Post by devir » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 17:52

Gazz wrote:
devir wrote:The thing i noticed is that as mentioned earlier, the modules start to slowly lose shields and then hull. I had lost my silicon and ore mines before ever realizing this.

This happened right after crunching and before connecting?
What was the exact sequence of events? When did you enter the sector and build the factories and what was already there?

Then you should enable it for all enemy cap ships as well. =P
During the creation phase I never left the sector. I used Cycrows cheats to rebuild my factories in Ore belt after destroying 90% of them out of frustration at the 1fpm (yes 1 frame per minute) frame rate. The process for this in my Mammoth - Add Station to TL - view freight bay - select factory - build it in whatever random spot it chose - once all 30 were placed crunch time.

In all three cases there was an existing complex. I used Cycrows cheat to destroy the Hub making all stations individual again (that alone gave a nice FPS boost). My Presidents end station was kindly reduced my the Argon police when i installed the Space Fuel factory.

I jumped in sector. Added a few stations (crystal fabs) and crunched. To make amends for my Mine losses (only in presidents end) I created some comparable asteroids and placed on a silicon and ore mine, crunched again.

Each crunch net a small reduction in factories and a larger and uglier borg cube. The FACTS all were loosing shields and when merged to the complex hub the shield drain was slow yet noticeable. I think It takes about 5-10 minutes to explode. I didn't really want to wait and time it...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 18:18

Looks perfectly normal and those collisions just shouldn't happen.

Please redownload the CC and try again. I added another check for that even though I don't see the actual issue here.
The mod part can remain as is. Only the script was changed.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 23:59

I have a little request.

Is it possible to add remote self destruct to the FACT?

So i dont have to uncrunch to destroy them.

As i want to rebuild some factories on ore mines. Before i got this mod. I would just drop the mines move them a little bit and duct tape them up with the tubing and never ever enter the sector again.
Scripts I use.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 08:33

I don't understand. How can you build a factory on an ore mine?

Also, there is absolutely no way to "uncrunch".

Self destructing is easy, though. Destroying things is pretty much the first thing every scripter tries. =P

Version 3.28 released.

Added Self Destruct station command.
Docked ships are not destroyed.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 12:22

Thanks alot.

Well before i started using this i would never be able to move in a sector that had an ore complex. 25+ ore mines all tied together and i would then have my main complex in the next sector with an armada of transports moving the ore over.

Thanks to you i can now move around them quite freely. So i want to remove my missile fabs from my main complex and build them directly onto my ore mines to make a loop. This will cut down the amount of transports im using by around 30. I cant just leave the missile fabs there as they will blink yellow and it will drive me crazy.
Scripts I use.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 12:18

how do you uninstall this script? Do I just manually delete all the stuff that was contained in the .rar archive from the game directory? Thanks!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 12:29

Yes, that should work except that if you already have a module complex it might stop producing or self destruct instantly / over time.

In the thread title it clearly says that this is a mod, not a script.

maxfever63
x3

Post by maxfever63 » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 00:49

Hi Gazz. I've just tried your mod. It's excellent but i'm having an issue already related in this thread. No matter how i build my complex, if i leave the sector and reenter it back, all explodes in a matter of a minute. I'm using your 3.28 version. Any advices?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 01:26

I can't reproduce that. No idea what's different with your complex. Guess it would be too easy if I could actually see a bug for once.

I build factories, crunch the bunch, build a complex, keep some unconnected, too...
Nothing happens when I leave and re-enter the sector again.

Try running the crunch again if you enter the sector even if there is nothing left to crunch.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”