[SCRIPT] Convert Trans-Orbital Accelerators to Jump Gates [V2.0]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 07:09

To anybody who thinks you should be able to jump to trans-orbital accelerators and that egosoft should "fix" it:

They........are.........not.........jump........gates!

Jump gates are like a wormhole that leads to another Jump gate that ships pass through

TOA's fling ships close to the speed of light towards another TOA.

It wouldn't make sense to be able to jump to a TOA, i'm just trying to make that clear.

Also for the sake of realism is it possible to have an actual function to Jump Drive beacons (JDB).

The player can buy a JDB, place it and be able to jump to that position.

I just think that is more realistic than being able to jump to TOA's or just changing all the TOA's to Jump Gates.

If you do want either of those than fair enough, i'm just saying what i would prefer :)
Last edited by Krewzur on Tue, 23. Dec 08, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 21:01

I guess I never really realized this.. With TOA gates, traders cannot and will not use or go to Terran sectors correct? But by changing the gates using this mod they will do so now?

Am I understanding correctly?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 21:03

I don't think so because i've never seen any traders go into asteroid belt, and that sector has a jump gate already.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 22:31

amurph0 wrote:To anybody who thinks you should be able to jump to trans-orbital accelerators and that egosoft should "fix" it:

Jump gates are like a wormhole that leads to another Jump gate that ships pass through

TOA's fling ships close to the speed of light towards another TOA.

It wouldn't make sense to be able to jump to a TOA, i'm just trying to make that clear.

Also for the sake of realism is it possible to have an actual function to Jump Drive beacons (JDB).

The player can buy a JDB, place it and be able to jump to that position.

I just think that is more realistic than being able to jump to TOA's or just changing all the TOA's to Jump Gates.

If you do want either of those than far enough, i'm just saying what i would prefer :)
I thought of the idea of usable jumpbeacons. You buy them, eject them somewhere and all yoru ships witha jumpdrive can get there, as a point of entrance froma gate. No need of e-cells maybe? But very expensive, L sized or something like that.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 22:39

You should still be able to use e-cell's but have it at a set amount. Like 120, i think thats the same amount you need to get to Aldrin.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 22:56

amurph0 wrote:You should still be able to use e-cell's but have it at a set amount. Like 120, i think thats the same amount you need to get to Aldrin.
Depending on the ship right? I think i always used 60. 60 to go and 60 to get back, that is.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 23:48

Seathal wrote:Depending on the ship right? I think i always used 60. 60 to go and 60 to get back, that is.
Yes, the bigger your ship, the more e-cells it takes to make jumps.

-Grax

Khas

Post by Khas » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 23:36

I installed this (using the plugin manager), and it managed to FUBAR all starting points - I was sitting in a ship with no weapons, no equipment, and (more importantly) no notoriety. Keep getting shot at.

Uninstalling this solved it.

mr_laurie
x4

Post by mr_laurie » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 22:17

amurph0 wrote:To anybody who thinks you should be able to jump to trans-orbital accelerators and that egosoft should "fix" it:

Ah but there's a simple way to get them to act like jumpgates

1. Form a wing
2. Jump. Select Jumpgate, pick TOA et voila! You can now jump your fleet into Terran space
How simple is that?

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 01:15

mr_laurie wrote: Ah but there's a simple way to get them to act like jumpgates

1. Form a wing
2. Jump. Select Jumpgate, pick TOA et voila! You can now jump your fleet into Terran space
How simple is that?
yeah, maybe you can. but i was saying that their not jumpgates, that's the whole plot behind them, so jumdrives shouldn't be compatible.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 20:09

Khas wrote:I installed this (using the plugin manager), and it managed to FUBAR all starting points - I was sitting in a ship with no weapons, no equipment, and (more importantly) no notoriety. Keep getting shot at.

Uninstalling this solved it.
I can confirm this behavior - start game equipment, credits, etc.. all get reduced to nothing with this active. Using patch 1.4 and a smattering of other scripts.

Enabling only this script produced the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be a conflict.

seabatt
x3tc

Do NOt use this

Post by seabatt » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 05:12

This script causes all your start games to begin with NO WEAPONS, and NO CREDITS/MONEY.

virgil64
x3tc

Post by virgil64 » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 04:37

Firstly, as a user of your scripts, thankyou for your efforts in making the X games more enjoyable.

I'm about a week into a new game and am not keen to spend all that travel time in terran space, like the first time, so was considering this. That said, I notice that latest couple of post dealt with affecting the start of subsequent games, is this still an issue. Also someone did ask but I could not see the reply, does this affect the terran missions, as I am yet to start them this time round.

My thanks now, (as it saves cluttering up the forum), lol :)

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 16. Jan 10, 16:23

Getting close to my wish list about gates.. Maybe ES will grant it..

RaulKo
x4

Post by RaulKo » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 12:29

Is there any way to unistall and make the TOAs appear in my saved game again?

I've been reading the post but haven't find out how.

Thanks

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 06:05

Hi, I'm not sure if you keep tabs on this thread or not, but Ive peeked at the core code of your setup script. Using it as a guide, Ive made one that doesn't doesn't break new games. I'm not sure what caused it in your script, but mine seems to work fine.

Is it okay if I release my script for general use, as long as I note that you were the person who first came up with the idea / base code?

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 06:20

Probably have better luck sending him a PM.

Failing that, can you ship me a link? :P

Would love to use these sectors, but they're too damn big to traverse without jumping, and Graxter's script crashes my game when I load it.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 06:27

I'm still testing it out / tweaking it. Most of the time when I run the script, everything goes fine. There is a rare occasion where it causes a game freeze a second or two after completion, and I'm trying to narrow down the cause. I think its when a ship is flying through one of the TOA's when it gets converted, and makes the game crash.

Yes, I sent him a PM just in case. Send me an PM with your email if you want to check out my beta script.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 07:26

In unrelated news, a Kestrel with a turbo booster goes 1400 m/s and doesn't need to waste cargo space on e-cells. >.>

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 12:11

It may just be me, but I think that switching the TOAs for Terran Gates sort of makes sense in Lore terms, if the script can be auto-triggered by, or at least after, the completion of the Expansion Plot.

Obviously it'd be even more compatible with the "Lore" if the gates could be locked to Terran & Player fleets, but I think the Economic & Military Benefits to the Terrans of being able to get around their own space more quickly would make sense, especially if the gates were placed a little more centrally (say in a square in the middle, have "back" side of each gate facing it's counterpart, etc... [Don't worry, for my own game I think I'll just do this with Cycrows Cheat scripts, assuming it can do it, until I revert to vanilla start]).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”