[Script] Dock TS 1.0 19/11/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Script] Dock TS 1.0 19/11/08

Post by LV » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:48

Dock TS

Description : Special Menu Command To Dock TS Class ships
Version : 1.0 TC
Date : 19/11/08
Author : LV

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

[ external image ] download unpacked version

[ external image ]

cycrow installer version

Detailed description:
This command will allow your TS ships to dock at M1 & TL class ships as long as they have enough free docking bays. The TS must also be equipped with a Docking Computer

You can even now command your own ship to dock

To undock a TS class ship just choose it's Dock TS command again on the ship it's landed on

Never - Transfer to a docked TS when you have docked it at an M1 or TL or your will end up in nothingness. You have been warned

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Just extract the zip file to your main X3 directory or get cycrow's plugin manager to install

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall: Just remove the plugin

(language files)

8828-L044.xml

Command_Special_523 Dock TS
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 23:04

Awesome... Thanks LV. Like this script, "Simple" and integrates well into the game.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 23:16

Yep.

I may install it, to go along with my TS mod. Make one TL with about 12 TS in/on it. Flying warehouse. :)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 01:23

Excelent smithers, err LV.

Doing my daily reinstall and added this to the batch, noticed one thing.

When draging the spk onto PM to install, it pops up saying its for X2:The threat and might not work.

Figured id just be the first one to tell ya ;)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 02:29

Cheer's LV between you and Mr Fud I can now carry most of my fleet on my TL :D

And also wish to report the above message same as asser69 did.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:59

asser69 wrote:Excelent smithers, err LV.

When draging the spk onto PM to install, it pops up saying its for X2:The threat and might not work.

Figured id just be the first one to tell ya ;)

Same here, is it ok to install ?
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 14:17

It works anyway so I would say yep :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 00:55

It works, but something strange happened. I ordered my TS to dock with my Elephant. Then it turned towards the Shipyard and went all the way there as if to dock and it did. But it turned up in my Elephants hangar even so. But via the Shipyard. Is that "normal"? :)

It also docked on my TM, which was nice although there was no visible ship in the hangar like the others. That was ok though as it would have looked pretty weird anyhow ;)

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 08:13

I just went to install the .spk version of this with Cycrow's installer and it said this is a X2 the Threat mod and may not work are you sure you wish to continue with the installation? is that normal?
Don't make me slap Ye!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 08:44

No. Sounds like you dont have the TC version of it.

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 20:50

apricotslice wrote:No. Sounds like you dont have the TC version of it.
I downloaded it from the link on this post that says Cycrow Installer Version, so I should have the right one
Don't make me slap Ye!

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 21:25

It's fine. Quite a few scripts do that. As long as you download the right one it doesn't matter if it thinks the script is for X2.

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 21:28

strikor wrote:It's fine. Quite a few scripts do that. As long as you download the right one it doesn't matter if it thinks the script is for X2.
Cool thx. I have not tried it out yet, but I did install it and so far haven't scene any problems. I had started a new game so I dont have a TS just yet to try it out with
Don't make me slap Ye!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 22:14

Perhaps you could include M8 since they are more like fighters instead of a big ships that could take care of itself...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

JuanCudz
x3

Post by JuanCudz » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 16:54

I wanted to report some instability with this script, no offence LV but for three times now, and three brand new starts, a short time after installing this script I get Blue screening parity errors and I have to shut down and restart the computer. Despite removing dockTS using Cyrow's installer the game contiues to be unstable and I need to restart from scratch. I actually remove X3:TC and all the associated folders and reinstall. I haven't tried installing the script and then starting a brand new game as I wait until I get cash for a TL before installing the script, but I might try that and see if it blue screens early on.
I'm going to keep an installers diary and see if i can track it down...
"I had an Alfredo Garibaldi under my command during the Dilgar invasion. Excellent soldier."
"That's my dad."
"So much for genetics."
-- General Richard Franklin and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"GROPOS"

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 00:59

DockTS wont cause a blue screen. Something else is doing that.

Are you running other scripts ? Is any first script loaded that causes it, being a conflict between TC scripts and some other program on your computer ?

Have you ensured that all hardware on your computer is ok ? And have you checked the dxdiag in tech support (without mentioning scripts) to ensure that your hardware is adequate for the game, doesnt have a known history of problems or the drivers are out of date ?

In this instance, blaming the script comes last, especially since this script has been around for donkeys years and this is the first blue screen complaint about it.

I find blue screen issues generally come from firewall/virus program conflicts, but it takes some other event to trigger them.

JuanCudz
x3

Post by JuanCudz » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 10:37

Uninstalled X3:TC, removed all egosoft folders, re-install and patch to 2.1. Installed cycrows installer, then dockts. Select new game, humble merchant and 15 minutes in I blue screen.

Thanks for the tips, I guess I must have one of those special laptops :D
I'll have a look at posting a DXdiag but the ones I saw look like gobbeldigook.
"I had an Alfredo Garibaldi under my command during the Dilgar invasion. Excellent soldier."
"That's my dad."
"So much for genetics."
-- General Richard Franklin and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"GROPOS"

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 10:45

Did you actually use dockts ? If yes, remove it and install beamdock instead and see if it does the same thing. It uses the same command slot and does the same job.

If you didnt use it, delete the setup script from the script directory, start a new game and see if it happens anyway. Then post in tech support with a dxdiag and description of what happens.

Tech support wont help if any mod or script is loaded.

Personally I think this is a either a driver issue on your computer, or some external conflict that TC just happens to trigger.

Laptops btw are notorious in not being up to date with drivers, even when brand new. So adding firewalls and scan programs can result in blue screens pretty easily.

The tech support dwellers will know immediately if your drivers are out of date and thats the likely problem.

If not, then come back with a list of all programs you have running in background with TC in the foreground.

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 10:18

hey LV there shud'nt be a reason 4 this script not 2 work after 2.5? i hope not anyway cheers

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 17:44

can't see why it would

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”