[SCRIPT] Marine Training Manager *Updated - v3* 12/23/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Soldier of the One
x3tc

Post by Soldier of the One » Mon, 11. May 09, 23:49

I changed the timer in the script but after a save and reload there is still no change in the time it takes to train. Is there something extra I need to do?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 12. May 09, 14:44

There are two scripts with the training time in them.

I'm not sure, but you may have to edit both to reflect a difference.

One script just has the 5 levels on it, the other is set up like:

With their respective times.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 13. May 09, 06:19

Any chance that marine training could be "frozen"? I understand most of the logic is kept in ingame variables and there is no debug log.

I ask because I have 5 marines training (think to 3 stars I can't remember) and none of them have budged a star, but training them just says "x is already training this skill".

Does this script show incremental star levelups or does it hit the desired star level instantly after an ingame timer?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Wed, 13. May 09, 06:45

The second - not really what I'd prefer, to be perfectly honest, but the way it works. You won't see any increase in skills until the training is finished completely.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 13. May 09, 18:19

Hmmm I see. Thanks! Maybe it's time to start script diving...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 14. May 09, 16:51

Being the impatient person I am, I halved the time of training for double the cost.

Sure, it costs a pile to train 20 marines to level 5 in all skills, but it's over quick. :)

sirrealist
x4

Post by sirrealist » Sun, 17. May 09, 22:55

I have X3:TC 2.0... should I use version 2 or 3 of MTM?

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Mon, 18. May 09, 02:56

I'm curious, at what point do I get charged for the training?

'cos I micro-managed a bunch of marines to 3*all (& 1 to 4*Fight) without my funds getting hit for anything I couldn't account for in other spending...

(this game needs balance sheet so you can track your finances, really).

Edit: Ok, finally caught it happening at the end of the training to the specified level.

Response to next poster: It works in my 2.0a Install.
Last edited by Solomon Short on Sat, 30. May 09, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

Drust
x3tc

Post by Drust » Tue, 26. May 09, 21:50

will this work with XTC 2.0??

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 10:52

I'd like to use this script, could you produce a .spk for V3 please?

I'd also like to be able to train at the vanilla speed and cost.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 21:44

Thank you for this script. I was going crazy with the vanilla version.
It took me awhile to get it started because I didn't read anywhere that you could not use the script if you were docked and I keep trying to get it to work while docked.
Does the training still occur while the ship with the marines is docked? Also, if I were to unintentionally 'Train' my marines at a Military Base while they are being trained by your script what happens? (other than just a waste of credits). How does it affect their training level? (Not that I want to make that mistake, but I have various ships with marines and many are in the middle of training the old fashion way. I don't want to have to undock my Capital ships in order to train my marines with your script and then have to try and redock them again.

One additional question. Can you use these marines while they are in training? If you enter a battle with the ship that has marines in training will they board another ship and which level of training are they using, since they don't get their star rating until all the training is complete. Does their training stop once they board another ship and they stay at the old rating? (in other words, you cannot use them when they are training or you lose all the training so far).
Sorry, one final question. If you have marines in training using your script to, say level 4, and they have not completed it yet, then you decide to increase it to level 5,... will they lose the training so far or pick up from the current progress of the training. In other words, do you have to wait for all the training to complete before you increase it to another level?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 03:58

Could be just me, but it seems if I launch a marine while it is in training, the entire training for that marine is bugged up and the marine is not trainable anymore; the script will complain the marine is still training, but it never actually completes.

Pure speculation but u can try to restore it: put the marine back into a Barracks to manually train up 1 more star then put it back into this MTM script.

If u use this script I recommend keeping ur active marines with u but don't train them, while u have another ship that holds marines in training.

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 05:54

Thanks for responding. It seems like the script has not considered all these factors, or at least it has not given an explanation or solution as yet. I will stay tuned.

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 06:40

If u use this script I recommend keeping ur active marines with u but don't train them, while u have another ship that holds marines in training.
Thats my thought also, but what it means is that the ship you have the marines in for training are committed to the training sessions until all training is completed. The Script should make that clear. (Given the fact of course that you can transfer marines to another ship while in training which stops their training cycle, but thats not a solution).... of course this is compared with the vanilla version where you can leave them at a military base for training and do whatever you want with the ship that brought or purchased them there. (as long as some ship in your fleet comes back to collect them or provide more training)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 15:52

Well I have my TLs mobile mine while training... but yeah it kinda gets annoying when training breaks the moment they leave the training ship, either via transfer or ejection.

cboath
x3tc

Post by cboath » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 11:48

zymurg wrote:Thank you for this script. I was going crazy with the vanilla version.
It took me awhile to get it started because I didn't read anywhere that you could not use the script if you were docked and I keep trying to get it to work while docked.
Yep its been posted that it looks like you cant start training marines with this script while docked, only once so easy to miss.
Does the training still occur while the ship with the marines is docked? Also, if I were to unintentionally 'Train' my marines at a Military Base while they are being trained by your script what happens? (other than just a waste of credits). How does it affect their training level? (Not that I want to make that mistake, but I have various ships with marines and many are in the middle of training the old fashion way. I don't want to have to undock my Capital ships in order to train my marines with your script and then have to try and redock them again.
I would imagine the marines continue to train as the script is still running. Any actual skill change or cost for training marines with this script is not made until the end of the training. So if you happen to accidentally start regular training at a Military Outpost it should remove it from the script training with no skill increase, as that is done at the end.
One additional question. Can you use these marines while they are in training? If you enter a battle with the ship that has marines in training will they board another ship and which level of training are they using, since they don't get their star rating until all the training is complete. Does their training stop once they board another ship and they stay at the old rating? (in other words, you cannot use them when they are training or you lose all the training so far).
Sorry, one final question. If you have marines in training using your script to, say level 4, and they have not completed it yet, then you decide to increase it to level 5,... will they lose the training so far or pick up from the current progress of the training. In other words, do you have to wait for all the training to complete before you increase it to another level?
Yes you have to wait before you can do any further training, as its already been said.

You should always use the newest version of a script/mod. Unless you read the thread and prefer an older version for whatever reason.

Graxster posted in early April his mother had to have quadruple bypass heart surgery. For some reason i cant click on peoples forum names to check to see when he last posted to see if he is back and just forgot about this thread.

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 04:23

I think I found another bug, anyone else have it ?

sometimes the hotkey won't work depending on which ship I am atm,
for instance if I try to train some marines from my TL, the script will complain that they are already training, when they are not.

If immediately afterwards I hop in my, say, M6 then try training the same guys again, it will work, not sure what causes this, maybe it has to do with which ship was used when the training started/finished.

This only happens using the micro manager, I think I'll stop using it altogether and just use bulk training (which always work because it does not check for training in progress)

Denu
x3tc

Post by Denu » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 20:43

Does this mod work with version 2.1 ?????

I'm a bit new to the modding area, i was forced to find a mod because the marine training is terribly annoying with the message spam!

Thanks.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 21:15

I'm using it fine, with no problems. Except for that one split guy that I couldn't train anymore because I was already training him even though he never got any better. Ended up spacing him...uhmmm...Letting him go due to inadequate performance. No problems with any of my other 40 or so I used it on.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 10:32

any chance of an spk for version 3?
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”