[MOD] Reworked GalaxyMap + New Suns + unique SectorsoundtrackIDs

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 13:49

Locksley wrote:EDIT: It got solved when I didn't have my map opened. Cleared that hurdle :D

Any one having problems with Bright profit? My games locks up when I get a bit into the system - it's just as if something is going to pop up on the map and that locks it up. Some station or ship or whatnot that the engine don't like.

Why I am posting it in here is just because I had an inkling that there might be something with the galaxymap and I am using this mod.

Will you update for 2.0? Great to have more diverse music.

Cheers!
Glad to hear that :) I was curious at all since I had not changed anything at this sector, because I actually like it as it is :D

However, there won't be any update for the music. That is your part, because I cannot know which musik you like it wouldn't be wise to add new music. That is why I chose back then to just add existing music files and only give you the possibility to adjust certain music you like to certain sectors and not to a bunch of sectors.

And there will be an update for 2.0 if necessary. ;)

@OT

Yeah, unfortunately ES does some kind of cheating if they add new universe content.

Edit:

Advice for Version 2.0+:

Additional Music-ID's:

00032 | 00033 | 00025 | 00040

This 4 ID's need to be in your soundtracks-folder, because with the latest patch 2.0 you get a couple of new sectors and therefore new new music. Which mp3-file you use does not matter, as long as there is a file with this ID. I noted this four ID's separately in the SID-List.

AV

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 13:06

Any news on this mod’s compatibility with the new update? I’ve really gotten use to this mod and the thought of losing all the soundtracks I’ve set up for each sector and time spent getting different regions to have a “theme” is not a prospect I would look forward to
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 16:31

The Patch cannot overwrite any of the soundtracks since ES does not use this range of ID's for their music files, means, you cannot lose your files.
The ID's on the mape are another thing. But as far as I can say, and because the first map is saved within the save, the unique ID's won't change either. Might there can be some minor problems with the 2.0 patch map, but I doubt it, because I could not find glitches while made a test flight.

AV

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 02:05

i'll take that as good news, Cheers :)
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 01:48

This mod still compatible with 2.5? :)

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 01:55

I would like to know too if it works with the 2.5 patch.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 11:30

If you've started with a pre 2.0 game; yes, it is. If you want to start with 2.0 and higher, the mod doesn't work because it lacks the new sectors which causes problems. Due to time issues this mod will be for sub-2.0 starters only. Unfortunatley.

AV
Last edited by Alex Vanderbilt on Mon, 9. Nov 09, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 18:06

Thanks I guess I can't use it then. I started my game from 2.5 patch.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 01:06

is it possible to only add the music, and thereby not need a game restart?
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 13:41

Unfortunately every change in the map requires to start a new game. :| Yesterday I tried to import the changes from my map into the latest map, but failed miserably; Everytime I tried to start e new game, the game froze and I had to force the game to quite. :S I'm going to try it today once more, but this will take a while since I need to import my map as a Patch and after that delete the half of the universe again... :S

AV

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 18:18

Will look forward to have a look at this tonight!

WhyCannaeYouDo

Post by WhyCannaeYouDo » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 09:14

I don't get it. How is this new galaxy map supposed to look like in this mod? All I see is the same spaghetti universe/galaxy map I always have

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 27. May 11, 19:40

I like the features of this mod and I would like to know if this modification is compatible with 3.1 patch ???
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

thelonewarrior
x3tc

Post by thelonewarrior » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 20:59

I would download this, but theres no screenshots of the planets, new suns or asteroid replacements.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”