[MOD] Reworked GalaxyMap + New Suns + unique SectorsoundtrackIDs

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 09:14

is it possible to release just the galaxy map change i don't use music in my game but really like the revised galaxy map

Thanks
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 12:06

There are already 2 possible links for you.

Once the

DLLink - incl new suns, but without new Sectorsoundtrack-IDs (just without changed soundtrack IDs)

and

DL EXCL Sun & SID (without suns and changed soundtrack IDs)

in the initial post. Both should be what you are searching for. If not just PM me :)

AV

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 12:54

Can I have some screenshots og the sectors, please? :D
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 14:33

There are already a couple in the main post. The sectors shown there are Priest Rings | Thuruks Beard | Perdition's End | Queen's Harbor.
Other changes are in the most sectors just planet & sun alterations to suggest that the universe has changed within the last years. Only the new sector have received mayor alterations because there where a couple of more or less "unlucky" sector designs. Just check it out ;) If you do not want to restart but want to see what has been changed download a map, enable the Galaxy Editor and jump a bit through the map. It is the easiest way to discover the changes and find out whether you like it or not :)

AV

Crapgame
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Reworked GalaxyMap + New Suns + unique SectorsoundtrackIDs

Post by Crapgame » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 17:28

Alex Vanderbilt wrote: [ external image ]Sectorsoundtrack-ID List
Thanks for this list.

In my /soundtracks folder, the tracks only go as high as 08512.

Why could that be? In your list I see tracks as high as 9172

Thanks

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 18:20

There is an easy explanatation. This list just contains the soundtrack-IDs for each sector changed with this mod. Since every sector now has unique SID starting with 09000 there are just this numbers listed in the file.
But if you use the soundtrack folder delivered with the original game there are just files named up to the 085xx region.

Hope that helps.

AV

dmbassa
x3

Missing music?

Post by dmbassa » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 23:54

I've tried installing this mod which contains new suns and custom music, and I don't know if it's the mod that did it, but somehow I seem to be missing a lot of the music in game now.

I can't remember if the music was there at the beginning before I installed the above mod, so I can't really tell if the mod is the cause of it.

I do hear some music in a few sectors, though, but most sectors don't have any music.

Should they?

Perhaps someone could help shed some light on this?

The mod above contains some 07.dat and 07.cat files, but deleting them doesn't seem to fix anything.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 17:13

Sorry for the delayed answer.

Which version do you have installed? If it is a version with "new sector soundtrack IDs" you have to install the respective soundtrack folder, too. The download link is in the first post.
You can also just download the «Sectorsoundtrack-ID List» and add your own music to your current soundtrack-folder, it is your decision. But, since there are changed sector soundtrack IDs in the map for the mayority of the sectors, this mod requires soundtracks with ID upwards from 9000 in the folder.
But, if you have installed a version without changed SIDs I have no idea what could have caused this.

AV

Crathes
x4

Post by Crathes » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 14:32

I cant get the links to work... they only show some button picture
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

I am THE STIG

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 15:42

Do you have allowed to show pictures in postings? If not, you should try it. Go to your profile and activate the respective check boxes which are located close to the drop down menu where you can chose the Board language. If this doesn't help send me a PM and I will send you the links wíthout any pictures.

AV

Wrath Call

Post by Wrath Call » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 22:35

Hi AV,

Ugly question maybe:
I get quite tiresome of the same music all the time. Seems only a few secotrs have their own music and the rest is copied. As I dont really like to start a fresh game, is it possible to just ad new music instead of installing the mod and strating a new game?

Greetz

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 22:38

Wrath Call wrote:Hi AV,

Ugly question maybe:
I get quite tiresome of the same music all the time. Seems only a few secotrs have their own music and the rest is copied. As I dont really like to start a fresh game, is it possible to just ad new music instead of installing the mod and strating a new game?

Greetz
Sadly no. All changes to the map require a fresh start and as the sector soundtracks are assigned in the map file, there is no way around starting a new game.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:10

OT: I wonder how the X3R 2.0 patch was made, since it added sectors to running games. But then again, Ego had the binary to play with ...

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:18

EDIT: It got solved when I didn't have my map opened. Cleared that hurdle :D

Any one having problems with Bright profit? My games locks up when I get a bit into the system - it's just as if something is going to pop up on the map and that locks it up. Some station or ship or whatnot that the engine don't like.

Why I am posting it in here is just because I had an inkling that there might be something with the galaxymap and I am using this mod.

Will you update for 2.0? Great to have more diverse music.

Cheers!

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 09:46

jlehtone wrote:OT: I wonder how the X3R 2.0 patch was made, since it added sectors to running games. But then again, Ego had the binary to play with ...
Exactly. I think that adding new sectors (or map changes in general) through a patch requires the x3story.obj (or what they were called) to be edited, which is not allowed.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 13:49

Locksley wrote:EDIT: It got solved when I didn't have my map opened. Cleared that hurdle :D

Any one having problems with Bright profit? My games locks up when I get a bit into the system - it's just as if something is going to pop up on the map and that locks it up. Some station or ship or whatnot that the engine don't like.

Why I am posting it in here is just because I had an inkling that there might be something with the galaxymap and I am using this mod.

Will you update for 2.0? Great to have more diverse music.

Cheers!
Glad to hear that :) I was curious at all since I had not changed anything at this sector, because I actually like it as it is :D

However, there won't be any update for the music. That is your part, because I cannot know which musik you like it wouldn't be wise to add new music. That is why I chose back then to just add existing music files and only give you the possibility to adjust certain music you like to certain sectors and not to a bunch of sectors.

And there will be an update for 2.0 if necessary. ;)

@OT

Yeah, unfortunately ES does some kind of cheating if they add new universe content.

Edit:

Advice for Version 2.0+:

Additional Music-ID's:

00032 | 00033 | 00025 | 00040

This 4 ID's need to be in your soundtracks-folder, because with the latest patch 2.0 you get a couple of new sectors and therefore new new music. Which mp3-file you use does not matter, as long as there is a file with this ID. I noted this four ID's separately in the SID-List.

AV

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 13:06

Any news on this mod’s compatibility with the new update? I’ve really gotten use to this mod and the thought of losing all the soundtracks I’ve set up for each sector and time spent getting different regions to have a “theme” is not a prospect I would look forward to
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 16:31

The Patch cannot overwrite any of the soundtracks since ES does not use this range of ID's for their music files, means, you cannot lose your files.
The ID's on the mape are another thing. But as far as I can say, and because the first map is saved within the save, the unique ID's won't change either. Might there can be some minor problems with the 2.0 patch map, but I doubt it, because I could not find glitches while made a test flight.

AV

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 02:05

i'll take that as good news, Cheers :)
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 01:48

This mod still compatible with 2.5? :)