[SCRIPT] [2008.11.24] Station Repacker v1.10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fisiu
x4

Post by fisiu » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 19:34

Ive managed to use this on 2 occasions earlier and it worked but now I have got a problem with a 3rd station.

It´s a property baron bought the CIG forge in company strength, (other were also property baron bought).

I get a error message says it is 6337 seconds into a production cycle and that I have to make sure it is totally empty on resources. There are no ships, money, resources or products on the station. It is totally empty. I even gave it the exact amount of each resource to make a cycle so that all resources would be 0 when it finished and unloaded the product, again the station was totally empty and I have the same problem.

The whole idea with this station was that I was gonna move it to a weapon producing complex I have that supplies me with the ore and nostrop I need.

Now I don´t want to reload a save 2h earlier to not buy it, but I dont want to use CAG´s when there is allready a complex that is going to supply it with everything I need (I hade allready planned for it to be moved there).

Any suggestions what can be wrong?

fisiu
x4

Post by fisiu » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 20:04

eldyranx3 wrote:Actually I dropped another captured flail fab beside it and complexed the two together. Then I just repacked the hub, resetting the production cycles. Whew. :roll:
Anyone having repacking problems read my post above.

If you have the "repack fails allthough station empty" - problem such as I had, here is the solution based on help from the quote above but with some modification that worked for me.

You do not need to connect 2 stations together, it is enough to make a complex hub and then connect the factory to it i.e you need 2 complex construction kits (1 for the hub and 1 for the pipes) Then you repack the hub and then the station. In this process you loose a net of 1 constuction kit since you can not pack the pipes (i.e 250k) but it´s worth the hassle.

If you drop another station and connect the 2 stations together using 1 kit (it will form a hub inbetween + pipes between both of the stations and the hub). Then you repack all 3 of them not loosing anything (such as described in the quote) but then you need a available station to drop.

Since it seems that the connection to a complex triggers the resetting of the cycle I presume that the 2 stations do not have to be of the same type.

Thanks to eldyranx3 for this solution.

jc-desk1
x3tc

Post by jc-desk1 » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 03:50

Snowdogjoe wrote:x3:tc
I have used the repacker and it works (mostly:)

I can't get any repacked stations to connect to complex other than the original repacked factories.

Example:
Pirates (frakin bumbs:) blow up a SpaceFuel comples, leaving a Wheat farm.

I repack it and move it to another existing SF complex and then go buy a complex construction kit. When I build the kit I can pick either (repacked wheat far or SF complex but then (after picking one) have no other factory to connect it to.

I am assuming that I can not connect a repackaged factor to another complex - true? or did I do something wrong?

This is the second factory I have moved and was unable to connect to an existing complex. The first one I moved and while it was able to reconstruct it to it's original factor I was NOT able to connect it to another existing complex.

I hope that makes sense :)

As always any help is appreciated -
(should I have started another post for this question?>

Are your stations within 5Km of another? If not, then you have done something wrong - if they are within 5Km then you may have found a bug...
jt-desk loves X3!

sambozauk
x3tc

MAJORS with this script - It just does not work period.

Post by sambozauk » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 23:47

This just does not work, no matter how hard I try, it does not even show the script being in the scripts.

I have heard that I need to remove wares from the station as well. Well tried that, it refuses to remove wares from the station in order to maybe allow me to utilize this station packer. So I tried to destroy it with 7 OTAS Boreas so I could get rid of it, and of course X3 TC being X3 TC does not allow me to destroy my own stations. So I have a complex that I used specifically for the HUB missions, only to find out that I can neither destroy or pack the bloody thing up. Annoying yes :).

This game can sometimes be harrowing to use and massively cludgey. I have spent the best part of 2 hours trying to work out how the hell this station packer works. Sorry to say but as good as this script sounds, its bloody useless if it does not work isnt it?.

1. The problem could be that I am unable to remove the wares, e-cells anything from the station, which may be blocking the special command that you are claiming comes up when the script is installed.

2. I do not think the script is installed anyway, even though I say enable, go into the game, still I have no commands open to me when I am in my TL.

3. Please put me out of my mysery, by either telling me I am doing something wrong, or whether this is a dud script.

Thanks

Sambozauk

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sun, 21. Aug 11, 04:51

Could the requirement that the station not be in a production be dropped?

It is absolutely idiotic to include this requirement if it is not required for bug prevention as in almost EVERY case where a station is bought, stolen or otherwise 'acquired' you must often wait a few minutes to a few hours for the current production cycle to finish, in addition to emptying the station's holds - with absolutely NO WAY to speed up this process or just dump the current product cycle. I just bought the IBL forge in Loomanckstrat's - its production cycle reads 0% yet I STILL cannot repack it likely because the script is comparing its production cycle (3 hours something because it has optional products) to the stock production cycle (4 hours something with no optional products)

Its so moronic that you very often need to use cheat scripts to create an identical station and repack that instead - which begs the question - why not just use the cheat scripts in the first place to destroy the current station and place an equivalent station pack in the TL's hold?

If this script imposes requirements so time consuming that a person has no choice but to resort to a cheat script instead, it loses its reason for being - which is a shame because its a great script. Perhaps the checks should just be dropped altoghether and if the player wants to recover the resources on board they can offload them before repacking the station, otherwise any production cycle and onboard products are simply destroyed.
fisiu wrote:Ive managed to use this on 2 occasions earlier and it worked but now I have got a problem with a 3rd station.

It´s a property baron bought the CIG forge in company strength, (other were also property baron bought).

I get a error message says it is 6337 seconds into a production cycle and that I have to make sure it is totally empty on resources. There are no ships, money, resources or products on the station. It is totally empty. I even gave it the exact amount of each resource to make a cycle so that all resources would be 0 when it finished and unloaded the product, again the station was totally empty and I have the same problem.

The whole idea with this station was that I was gonna move it to a weapon producing complex I have that supplies me with the ore and nostrop I need.

Now I don´t want to reload a save 2h earlier to not buy it, but I dont want to use CAG´s when there is allready a complex that is going to supply it with everything I need (I hade allready planned for it to be moved there).

Any suggestions what can be wrong?
You are likely encountering the same issue as me - and i suspect its because the station has a shorter cycle then normal (maybe some extra optional products) and the script is trying to compare to the standard station - which theoretically means youll NEVER be able to repack the station!

Apparently the solution is to reset the cycle by cheating in a complex hub then destroying it
fisiu wrote:
eldyranx3 wrote:Actually I dropped another captured flail fab beside it and complexed the two together. Then I just repacked the hub, resetting the production cycles. Whew. :roll:
Anyone having repacking problems read my post above.

If you have the "repack fails allthough station empty" - problem such as I had, here is the solution based on help from the quote above but with some modification that worked for me.

You do not need to connect 2 stations together, it is enough to make a complex hub and then connect the factory to it i.e you need 2 complex construction kits (1 for the hub and 1 for the pipes) Then you repack the hub and then the station. In this process you loose a net of 1 constuction kit since you can not pack the pipes (i.e 250k) but it´s worth the hassle.

If you drop another station and connect the 2 stations together using 1 kit (it will form a hub inbetween + pipes between both of the stations and the hub). Then you repack all 3 of them not loosing anything (such as described in the quote) but then you need a available station to drop.

Since it seems that the connection to a complex triggers the resetting of the cycle I presume that the 2 stations do not have to be of the same type.

Thanks to eldyranx3 for this solution.
Thanks, but a far better solution would be an option to reset the cycle or to ignore it when repacking

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 12:54

Hi Guys,
Is this download still available? I can not find it. On selecting the download link I am forwarded to gamefront.com and can not find on there.
Help please.

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 08:41

Unfortunately the file is no longer available for download. Unless someone provides a link to download the script, you're out of luck.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 10:24

Thanks Breytac.
This is not the answer I had hoped for but at least I now Know where I stand.

If anyone out there can provide me with a link to this script I would be grateful.

I am currently playing a pirate start and trying to achieve "dominance" as a true looter. I my aim is to avoid buying anything (particularly ships or stations) but to pillage and steal anything I need. I know that I can takeover stations and use them but I want to move them to my own sectors to build complexes and the lack of this facility is a serious blow.

Hope someone can help.

Observator1081
x3tc

Post by Observator1081 » Sun, 25. Sep 11, 23:05

you can find a link to it here

http://www.x1tp.com/root/index.php?opti ... 3&cid=1208

it is the SPK

so open the link, right click on it and choose save page as...

this way have alwasy work for me when I use the plug-in manager

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 26. Sep 11, 12:57

Thanks observator1081.

Got the link, downloaded and used ---- same problems as other users above. After boarding a station "resources needed" reverts to 100% permanently and production cycle becomes continuous. Hence not packable.

EDIT: The above discussion refers to a boarded Solar Power Plant. Just noticed that all the SPPs in my game have no primary resources. The crystals are shown as secondary resources - hence SPPs are resource free and not repackable since the production cycle will be continuous - curses. Other stations seem to be OK. Soooo.. Hey Ho a pirate's life for me!!

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 05:40

Awesome, thanks Observer.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 04:27

Does anyone know if this should be ok with AP? There isn't anything off the bat that makes think that this would cause a problem, but a little afraid to try.

Also to get it work properly in TC all you have to do is remove the checks for stock and production cycle.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 27. Aug 12, 05:33

Good, simple script but there's one issue. The asteroid it leaves behind is real tiny even though the yield is high. It's the size of a chunk, that you can easily run over with your TL. So that's what I did when I returned, because I thought it was a chunk because a 41 yield asteroid is really....big. :wink:

Don't know if you can adjust the size though, but for the time being I disabled the creation of asteroids at my end as I can't find the 1.00 download any longer.

dfm5000

Post by dfm5000 » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 00:46

Way to many checks, capture a shipyard then try and pack it. You will end up with a bunch of errors that don't make any sense.

For example there is a ship docked when there is no ships docked at all.

EterniaLogic
x4

Post by EterniaLogic » Sun, 26. May 13, 09:49

Too bad there isn't a zip version... the linux pck tool does not build/work. :/

Looks like I have to re-install windows to get it to work...
Because I can, I'm here to disturb your mind.

Darth_Wayner

Post by Darth_Wayner » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 01:53

Just wanted to mention that I downloaded this and it works great, but I did discover my first issue today.

I re-packed an equipment dock and it seems to be stuck in the cargo hold. The "drop station" command is greyed out in the special command menu. I seem to remember moving this same dock before (I cant be completely sure) with a mammoth, so I'm not inclined to believe it has anything to do with the fact that it's a dock. The ship happened to be the orca capped from the HQ plot, so I'm not sure if maybe this has something to do with it?

At this point I think my only option is to reload a game from about 5 real time hours so or sell the ship (it appears that I'd at least get some of the investment or the dock back) but I'd prefer to do neither.

Anyone else run into this problem?

FSL

Post by FSL » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 14:21

Download - 403 - Forbidden

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 22:47

Anyone else run into this problem?
nope... but perhaops your not in the same sector?=)
just a suggestion that is sometimes easy to miss

urdestny
x3ap

Post by urdestny » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 14:47

The download link is broken. Can someone upload this?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 14:49

The link works for me. Try a different browser.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”