[SCR] Commercial Agent [2010-04-28 X3TC 3.3.03]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:09

PLEASE POST IN THE CORRECT THREAD!!!
  • (You are making a confusing mess out of the CAG thread.)
(EST's will use the Mk3 software if it is installed; or you can change the settings if you want more control. The docs *and* the support are on the EST thread.)

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:31

....ok. You have seriously misled me here DrBullwinkle. My first post was about a problem downloading original Luckie CAG ( Bonus content CAG not working properly) and problems with links not working. You posted linking stating Luckies scripts can be downloaded there. I went there and the closest thing I could see that might have been CAG was something labeled Economy and Supply Trader; here I was thinking it was maybe an updated CAG. Now after reading thread that you linked to EST I am under the impression this is in no way CAG ,and somehow I am the one leading this thread off topic? ok. Well thanks for all who helped anyway.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:39

Yes, that is exactly right.

This thread is about CAG.

The EST thread is about EST.

It sounds as though you got confused by the Google Translation of Lucike's web site. CAG is called "Representatives" there (or "Trade Representatives").

So just decide which topic you want to discuss, then choose the appropriate thread. Then everyone will be happy. :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 20:54

ezza84 wrote:....ok. You have seriously misled me here DrBullwinkle. My first post was about a problem downloading original Luckie CAG ( Bonus content CAG not working properly) and problems with links not working. You posted linking stating Luckies scripts can be downloaded there. I went there and the closest thing I could see that might have been CAG was something labeled Economy and Supply Trader; here I was thinking it was maybe an updated CAG. Now after reading thread that you linked to EST I am under the impression this is in no way CAG ,and somehow I am the one leading this thread off topic? ok. Well thanks for all who helped anyway.
Hi ezza84. just in case you missed DrBullwinkle's first reply to your request I have copied it back for you to re read. I've added some highlighting just in case you miss the entire point of the post again..
Drbullwinkle wrote: All of Lucike's scripts are available on his web site:

CAG (a.k.a. Trade Representative) (Lucke's site via Google Translate)
Drbullwinkle not only gave you a link to the site he even told you what the CAG scripts were called on that site, so please can you explain how you conclude he mislead you?
Still life in the old dog yet...

amcrabil
x3ap

CAG Station Pricing

Post by amcrabil » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 09:20

Sorry if this has been addressed, I couldnt find it. The Cag administrative option labeled pricing. How does that work? Does it automatically choose what price to use that attracts independent traders? Also, if so, how do I know what theyre selling goods at. Also Ive read the script description several times and it says theres a 4th option after station pricing that lets be set a min/max range. i dont have that option or cant find it. Id be interested in seeing how station pricing works exactly, I have it set but my factory still isnt selling anything...

Edit: Merged with CAG thread, as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. X2-Illuminatus

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 20:46

I believe the pricing option sets your station/complex pricing to a fluid state. So when you have lots of a certain stock the price drops like an npc station, conversely when you have little stock the price will be higher.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Aegyen
x4

Re: CAG Station Pricing

Post by Aegyen » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 21:32

amcrabil wrote: The CAG administrative option labeled pricing.
You can disable/enable that option there, and in the next section of the menu, where it has the wares listed, and a price; you click on one of the wares, and it will bring up a menu asking you to input a min price, followed by a menu asking you for the max price.

Like Vayde said, this floats depending on the qty of ware. You can let it float between min/max, or any min/max prices you like, so long as it's within the range of the wares min/max value.

Conbadicus

Need help with CAG

Post by Conbadicus » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 16:03

So, I have a complex and It has a Solar M, 2 Wheat M, 2 Rhimes M, Beef M, and Cahoona M.

The beef supplies the cahoonas and the wheat supplies the rhimes. The energy supplies everything. However, the solar factory produces way more cells than I need to run these so I have an overflow of cells. Now, I installed the Commercial agent, set a hauler to home base my complex, and started him on commercial agent, however all he does is standby, why isn't he selling my surplus of Intermediate Wares ( in this case, energy cells)

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 16:07

Also, my cahoonas are full and he doesn't seem to want to sell those either.

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 17:21

Commercial agent needs to train first. On his basic level he can only buy resources for your complex. After gaining next level he will be able to sell products. Later he will learn how to use jumpdrive.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 03:37

oh really, so in a station that doesn't buy any resources he wont level up? lol I see.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 07:06

That is why I dont use CAG. I always build closed loops, so I never need to buy anything. Thus, no leveling up is possible, so CAG is totally useless.

Its a big hole in the logic as far as I'm concerned.

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 08:33

Well, I think CAG was designed for people who place stations in sectors that are already established, yet missing things. Which is essentially the entire X3 Universe, very full of holes. So a sector with Solar Arrays and Cahoona Factories would need some Beef Factories, so instead of making a complex, you can make a beef factory and have a CAG do the sector trading.

Then again you can just put a sector trader in there... I dunno

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 15:48

Conbadicus wrote:Then again you can just put a sector trader in there... I dunno
Exactly.

CAG is focused. Some people like it, and that's great.

However, I just create a bunch of UT's and they handle all of my factories without any effort other than setting the prices.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 16:23

As per S&M forum rules, please always ask questions about a script or mod in its respective topic.

***merged***

You can get trained pilots with the help of the Commodity Logistics software:
CLS readme wrote:Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
CLS and CAG pilots are interchangeable. So when you have a CLS trader with an appropriate rank, you can start him as CAG and he will keep his experience.

You can also train pilots by setting up certain routes. See Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 18:27

Download links aren't working.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 19:19

Check the third post of the previous page. There you find a link to Lucikes website, where you can download the script.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rbettele
x2

Post by rbettele » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 19:31

I always seem to have problems with CAG doing anything other than default..

For example:
I have a shield complex, just needs a bit of crystals topping up to keep it running.
So I turn on CAG for my trade ship. Auto naming 9, White list wares to Crystals and 1 MJ Shield.. Everything else default.

So the guy should buy in crystals and sell my shields right ??
Nope! CAG on standby... forever it seems.

Station params have crystals and shield destinations in range at given prices...

Without changing ANYTHING I can set the trader to Buy crystals for best price and he will launch straight away or Sell for sheilds and again launches straight away...
OR
If I just turn on CAG with all default settings he'll launch and go buy stuff... (but not always what I want him to!)

Why !!!???? :evil:
What am I doing wrong ???
Dont blame me it's all my parents fault !

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 23:09

Hi,

For some reason Commercial Agent options seem disabled under XRM mod.

I've tried bonus + downloaded the latest script+lib versions from lucike webpage and the result is exactly the same... The script exists, it is acknowledge but the options remain grey (not possible to select) even when the trader has all the equipment needed to start.

BTW this is on X3TC has someone else have this problem with community agent on XRM??? Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 09:59

The script exists, it is acknowledge but the options remain grey (not possible to select) even when the trader has all the equipment needed to start.
The first time you start the CAG command, the appropriate ship has to be docked at a station. Otherwise the pilot is not able to enter the ship.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”