[S] Race Patrols v1.43 22/01/09 ; Military logic + less CPU load

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 13:53

if popularity helps keep this this improving add my popularityness to it :D

more realistic universe is always a good thing

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 23:40

I do not think the mod is working for me, I see the scripts running however there are still numerous ships all over the universe. It's overly crowded in my opinion.

I have steam version of the game. No other mods. There are 6 .cat and .dat files in my game folder. According to the directions I take the files I have, rename them to 07.dat and 07.cat. Then when I run xpluginmanager it creates 08.dat and .08.cat, the game launches and no problems. Except for the fact that it still seems like there are a LOT of ships out there.

I also install the .spk into pluginmanager. I see the script running. I have not seen ANY renamed ships and I've been playing for a few hours.

"To install the mod as fake patch :
1. Copy the .cat and .dat to your main X3TC directory.
2. Rename the files as 06.cat and 06.dat (or one higher than the highest number there already is). Note that Crycrows Plugin Manager always uses the highest mod number, so if you have it installed, you must first make its .cat and .dat one bigger, and make this mod second biggest number.
3. If loading an old game, this will cause most of the military fleet leadships to lose their names, not be destroyed.
4. In the scripts there is one called " aa.kill.name ". Run this manually from the script editor. Give it null as first argument (=run as global script), and any one of the nameless ships as second. It will then work in the background removing the nameless ships within one hour or so."

Nephtys

Post by Nephtys » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 14:50

does this work with 2.0, especially with the new plot?
Is there somewhere a "not-spk-version" to find? the pluginmanager corrupted my savegames, so i would like a "normal" packed version much more^^
[ external image ]
Fear the drones!

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 15:26

Isn't rapid response fleets for Reunion, and not TC?

Walterses wrote:\

umm it should work (installing bothe hard mode and race patrols) but if not try using rapid response fleets, it doesnt remove all the pirates and it acts similar to patrols...
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 16:58

lol umm you musnt be keeping up to date, there has been a tc version around for some time now
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 19:54

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 15:06

I'm not running any other scripts which affect ship behaviors except for race patrols / no patrol no civilian mods.

I've been leaving my game running on SETA when I am not home and I have noticed that the sectors that I stay in get SWAMPED with ships by the time I come back. I look at the other sectors I have satellites in and none are so heavily loaded as the one in particular that I have seta'ed in.

Is it possible the extra ships which have been "deleted" are simply showing up in the same sector as the players ship over time? Once I leave the sector things seem to return to normal.

anyone else notice this??
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 17:09

Is it possible the extra ships which have been "deleted" are simply showing up in the same sector as the players ship over time? Once I leave the sector things seem to return to normal.
Hopefully it is a problem with the Jobs file and not the script itself. In the Jobs file ships spawn on timed intervalls set in the description for the ship in question. So I am guessing that some ships conected to a wing to a ship that got deleted e.g. is spawning. Why does it spawn in player sector - well, I don't know - yet; maybe when the lead ship is deleted the player sector is defaulted...

There really is no guide to the Jobs - anyone feeling up to it :P

I am looking hard at this script - if it does help with performance it might be a "must have" script when the fighting gets started. I've just started playing so I am just humming along pretty much alone in M3's and other small ships.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 05:31

Is there a way to further reduce the number of ships in the universe? Even with race patrols and the no patrol no civilian mod running there seems more ships than I would like there to be. My game runs fine, but it just doesn't seem realistic that there are so many ships flying around.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 10:21

Is there a way to further reduce the number of ships in the universe?
Well, wish I could tell you I was savy enough to edit the Jobs file and know what I was doing. But that is the way - you have to edit the Job files.

EDIT:Also it would seem that most (all) civilans get destroyd OOS - thus there is only civilians in the sector the player is in. Ofcourse if you got an old GFXcard then you might want to reduce some civies - and ofcourse they do employ collision avoidance and such so they add some to the CPU cycles. EDIT:Doh, seems there still there when you got satelites and owned things in other sectors - but there is a Destroy when OOS flag in the jobs files. End Edit.

There is alot I want to do with this game; as TTL complained about it being too easy to make money - but I think if one had the time and skill one could edit the mission files and libraries to lower the rewards and such. And there is some other stuff I've been thinking about too...

Seems like alot of scripters and modders quit lately :(

EDIT:Really it would take some real digging to get a Jobs file that still keep some inportant stuff. E.g. the patrols are also looking for ilegal stations so if one removes them and the all the military they can call upon it would kill some of the emmersion - that you are part of a living and reacting universe. This is probably not the only thing that gets affected. So a perfect Job's file to this would still keep some patrols and such, or rather editing in new ones that take into account the removed military presence and such.

I belive there is alot of optimizing to be done both here and in scripts; hopefully the 2.1 patch will address the exe part too since that is the one thing a modder can't change.

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 23:44

Is this compatible with 2.0?

This looks magnificent!

Now what we need is an invasion script, that is realistic.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 21:08

I'm curious, on average how many ships would you expect to see in any given sector, when running Race patrol /no patrol no civvies ?

In my game, on average I'm looking at 30+ ships in most sectors. I just went back to Reunion since TC was running like poop once I got to the point where I had sats all over the place and 4-5 factories, and in Reunion there is anywhere from 10-15 ships on average in sectors. Elenas fortune for example, I'm looking at 2 ships and I have total sat coverage. But I load up TC and head to Elenas fortune in that and there is approx 40.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 15:04

I've started getting freezes people were talking about in the first few pages. I have to end the process via the task manager. When I load the latest save, it freezes after a short time. This happens even if I quickly disable the AL plugin before the freeze happens.

I'm running race patrols, conflicts, improved boarding, rename ships with expressions, and CMod3.

galatei_tf
x4

Post by galatei_tf » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 18:03

I'm also getting freezes that are somewhat cumulative, and after some time the game just crashes. Once I disable it, everything is fine for as long as I want to play the game.
With this script installed, my fps drops to about 0.1-30fps I don't have any other AL plugins installed and I get about 30-60fps in busy sectors without this plugin.
Cheers

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 20:48

I always did wonder what 'less CPU load' was meant to mean when a slight domestic disturbance causes a reaction force of 3 destroyers, 12 frigates and too many fighters to count.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 23:43

After testing, the no patrol no civ script / mod definitely bogged down my system as compared to vanilla.

I did notice all civilian ships gone, but a ton of military and company ships than normal, if normal is reunion... I don't think it removed any military, and with the patrols it added even more ships in.

I tried troubleshooting it but the only difference i noticed when was I removed it completely.

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Sat, 16. May 09, 19:21

Anyone getting a 'beep' with this installed? I get a 'beep' everyone 2 minutes with this turned on. I dont think mine is working right and wondering if it conflicts with race response fleets or another script or the latest patch.

Let me know
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

QuitSmokin
x3tc

Post by QuitSmokin » Tue, 26. May 09, 21:15

Getting that same Beep! just no idea how to fix it.

Edit:
Did some testing and that beep in my game if from RRF so I just turned that script off and no more annoying beep

ExiledLife

Post by ExiledLife » Fri, 29. May 09, 03:40

After installing this script using the fake patch method, I went into another system and something in the distance gives me like 0.5fps. I would really like this script to work but I don't know why it did that.

tamtam77

Post by tamtam77 » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 09:03

The assult group just dissapearing after the fight. Is that normal? It confuses me every time. I would like to observe them jumping, if that is possible. tnx)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”