[SCRIPT] Ship killed notifications v1.0.3 [2008-11-16]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Master Higgins

Post by Master Higgins » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 14:57

Yes, on 3.0 is OK.

One Gigajoule

Post by One Gigajoule » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 21:05

Mmh, not sure if this wonderful script is still supported, but anyway:

One case is not covered:

Ships destroyed together with the (npc-) station they were docked at.

No notification here. Well, this does not happen very often, but in the case it does, a little note would be much appreciated.

Doctorjon
x3tc

Post by Doctorjon » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 21:43

Thisisharsh no longer seems to be hosting this file. I dug up X3tc again and was trying to collect some mods. If anyone is able to host this file or direct me to somewhere I can get it I'd really appreciate it.
"I think it hit the tree, Jim."

wildshade

Post by wildshade » Tue, 21. Jun 11, 20:42

Doctorjon wrote:Thisisharsh no longer seems to be hosting this file. I dug up X3tc again and was trying to collect some mods. If anyone is able to host this file or direct me to somewhere I can get it I'd really appreciate it.
+1
When pressing Dl buttom it sas "File not specified.", saving by "save target as" and launching .spk gives "invalid file".
Russian pilot on patrol ;]

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Tue, 21. Jun 11, 20:54

i had this too when reinstallin TC, please post 1 or more new download links soon.

i miss this script, nothing is more anoying then not noticing when my entire defence fleet gets rolled over by a random Kha-hak (too lazy to check spelling)
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Tempest Traveller
x3tc

Ship killed v1.03-16.11.2008.spk

Post by Tempest Traveller » Tue, 21. Jun 11, 21:55

I have located a copy of this file, but have no where to put it, does anyone have a XTC site I can email the file to? :?
"Weasely Recognised but Stoatably Different!"

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 21. Jun 11, 22:14

There are many to choose from. To name two of the bigger ones XDownloads and x3tcscripts.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Tempest Traveller
x3tc

Post by Tempest Traveller » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 20:17

Thanks for details X2-Illuminatus, I have uploaded this to:

http://www.x1tp.com/root/index.php?opti ... 03&lang=en

This was all work done by Thisisharsh I just had a copy - hope every one can now enjoy this again. :)
"Weasely Recognised but Stoatably Different!"

RIM-8
x3tc

Post by RIM-8 » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 00:34

Just tried to download and all I got was a screen full of ASCII type characters.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 13:36

try right click -> save as

EDIT: Direct link to the mod Tempest Traveller uploaded: [ external image ]
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

RIM-8
x3tc

Post by RIM-8 » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 19:40

Thank you! It worked fine. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks if he listens. :)

John2022

Post by John2022 » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 10:31

zeddius wrote:It looks like it freezes at pretty much the same point. I am in the progress of making an X3 video. Thats why i had to disable the script btw cause the ships killed notification text showed up at the bottom of the screen. I was trying to kill one of my own pytons. Frooze when the pyton was about to be destroyed at 0 hull (or 0,001 :)). In some scenes i was attacking an AI controlled pyton, and game crashed in this case if one of my own AI controlled ships were killed by the enemy pyton, or if i crashed with the pyton, killing my personnel ship in the progress.

Remember, i had the crash issue, reactivated the script...everything was working ok...uninstalled the script....crash issue back. Happens on all saves.

If you need me to do some spesific testing, let me know.

EDIT1 : Did some testing. Also happens OOS when a ship is destroyed. When i am in sector it happens when the ships is just about to be destroyed. It is still whole, no explosion has happened jet, but hull are 0 or close to 0.

EDIT2 : Short historie : Had 10 saves. Installed the white star ship mod, continued saving reloading in 5 slots, everythign working fine. Deactivated the script. Problem starts. With script removed i tried loading the savegame from one of the other 5 saves, which were from a time before i deactivated teh script, and same problem.
Armegeddon wrote:The reason removing the script causes the game to crash when a player ship is destroyed is because there is no uninstall script, so the kill notification script is still linked to the ships, and the game cannot find the necessary script to execute when one of the ships gets killed, so it hangs.
Hi,

I've got the same problem during translation/colorization testing.

[ external image ]

Could anyone make a good uninstall script please? :headbang:

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 01:11

Great addition, thanks for this.
The only problem I have is I have to turn off the bleep option every time I load a save but that takes about two seconds so it's no big deal.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 01:56

well after to returning to the game it wasnt long before the lack of ship killed messages was becoming annoying, agaaaaaaaaaain!!!.

anything that helps with that is going into my game.

the other day i lost 12 captured ships that i docked at a split equipment dock for safety. the equipment dock was destroyed and my fledgling fleet was wiped out withot so much as a bleep. :evil:

i only noticed when i decided to use one of the ships that the dock had vanished and a subsequent look in my log showed the devastation.

would this help with that scenario as well??? :?

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 21:53

I've had some carriers taken out with all hands on board and I'm fairly certain I got notifications for all the fighters in the hanger.

RustInPieces
x4

Post by RustInPieces » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 09:51

Sorry to necropost, but since there is no way to cleanly uninstall this, could this make a save unplayable if X3TC gets patched again?

Also, since 3.1 fixed colored logbook, wouldn't it be possible to add events to the logbook?

Are there any mods similiar to this? It looks like this one is not being supported anymore.

Oji
x3tc

Post by Oji » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 23:59

Ignore that - works fine !

Doesn't seem to work with AP XRM at all.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 18:36

Anyone know if this is working with AP??

This is one of the most annoying things in the game, losing ships without any notification, only realising hours later when trawling through the message log.

Or is there something else that everyone uses with this functionality these days?

thanks guys

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 18:48

alphalvr wrote: Or is there something else that everyone uses with this functionality these days?
LU :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”