[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ElminsterAU
x3tc

Post by ElminsterAU » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 12:12

Great!

Well, that it's still being worked on, the lightning strike naturally not (That's why I got lightning diverters in the main fusebox and all computer hardware hooked up only behind APC SmartUPS's).

Good luck getting everything working again soon.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 12:29

I've got surge protectors on all the plugs, however, the lightning hit the phone lines about half a mile away, came straight through the router (fried that too) and into the RJ45 port on the motherboard!

It was, er, not good...

Needless to say I've now fitted surge protectors on the phone sockets too...

(Better late than never...) :oops:

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 16:17

Hi,

Not sure if this is supposed to happen but whenever I use the claim ship function, an M7 of whatever race's sector jumps into the sector and dices all of my ships before I can respond.

For example, I'd set up home in Antigone Memorial with a few stations and lots of ships and when low on cash I done a protect the station mission and captured all of the ships. I'm a Protector of the Federation with the Argon and yet a Cerberus comes in through a gate showing red and kills everything. If i talk to the captain, the only option i get is "Sorry, weapons fire was an accident, standing down", even though i never hit the thing, and after the captain responds his ship goes friendly again. Only to turn red a second later.

The only way to get round this is for you and all of your ships to either be destroyed or to leave the sector, then when you go back in, the ship is still there but is friendly for good this time.

Cheers

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 16:22

Hi Hibblejaybob,

Are you trying to claim ships that belong to someone else?

The claim ship command is only supposed to be used on abandoned or derelict ships, trying to claim (a.k.a. steal) someone elses ship is naturally going to p*ss them off.

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:03

Lol, no I've learned the hard way not to do that.

Its only seems to happen to ships that NPC's have bailed from in fights.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:16

Are you using the NPC Bailing Script?

There was (is?) a problem with that script where bailed ships would sometimes revert back to their previous friend/foe settings and go off attacking whoever they felt like...

Check the friend/foe settings of the ships (before and after they get in a fight), or, even better, if you've got a save just before a fight breaks out, check the friend/foe settings of the ship(s) involved and make sure they haven't reverted.

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:19

I am using that script but its not the ships i capture that go crazy and go blasting people.

Say I'm Argon Prime when this thing happens, the whole Argon fleet is there but only that one M7 is showing as red and will start killing my ships. Everyone else stays friendly.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:25

That's strange...

I'm not sure if my script could cause that. :?

You could try removing my script for a while and see if it goes away.

I'm working on a new version of the scripts (much improved) which now has about 14 salvage commands, so you can replace the old sripts soon anyway.

The new script is now in Beta and is currently being tested by several people and hopefully will be released soon.

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:28

Ah well, cheers anyway, I'll keep it on until the new version comes out then I'll see how that goes.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:43

Okay, if you're watching this thread, you should get notified when there's news.

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 21:55

Ah, I have a good feeling that its not the script that's the problem:

In the interest of science, I tried claiming a ship the traditional way and the local Argon Cerberus didn't take kindly to that and the usual terror ensued....

So I suspect its the game that's the issue so I'll look for ways to copy saved games to a fresh install and reinstall the game.

Thanks anyway

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 23:51

Hi Hibblejaybob,

Glad to hear it's not my script!

Your saved games are stored in your 'My Documents' folder (in the 'Egosoft' sub-folder), so you can uninstall and reinstall X3/TC without losing your saved games. It's always a good idea to backup the savegames first though, so just make a copy of that folder or .ZIP the files to be safe.

However, the problem may have been saved in the gamefile too, so a reinstall might not do anything.

On the other hand, a reinstall is always a good way to remove old and unwanted files, and you can try the 'Reinit scripts' command once you load the savegame, that will cause the scripts saved in the gamefile to be refreshed with those in the X3TC/scripts folder.

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 17:18

Ah thanks.

Where is the renit scripts command? And, if you'll forgive my stupidity, what exactly does it do?

Thanks again

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 11:13

Hi Hibblejaybob,

The Reinit Script command is in the script editor. I think it's the second command in the list, (the first one taking you to the list of available scripts).

The command 'refreshes' the loaded scripts in the game. The way X3/TC works is that is saves a copy of all active scripts in the gamefile, so if you delete or change a running script, it won't matter as the game uses the copy in the gamefile, not the one in the script folder. Reinit just updates all the scripts in the gamefile with the ones in the script folder.

As far as I understand it anyway!

Hibblejaybob

Post by Hibblejaybob » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 17:45

Ah ok.

Thanks for the help

vampirecosmonaut
x4

I have an Unkillable Hotkey

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 06:32

I was running Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1 by TECSG for a while now and I decided that I wanted to uninstall. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the hotkey this script adds. I managed to remove the ware from the universe, but I cannot get the hotkey gone. Also, the remove hotkey script by graxster, stopped working for me, it just results in a blank screen, I cannot choose hotkeys to remove anymore.

If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to start over.
In Reunion, I modded the game over and over and had to restart constantly.
I'd really like to finish an X game for the first time. :oops:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 08:26

You cannot remove a hotkey. Once its created and included in a save game, its there until you start a new game.

It doesnt matter. If you dont assign it a key, it does nothing to the game. So you can remove the script safely, as long as you never try to use it again.

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 08:45

There's no way I can track down the global value it's linked to and remove it from my control menu? It's not really a big deal, at this point I want to remove it out of spite. :lol:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 09:58

there's a hotkey removal script avail in the library.

honestly, I tried it but never got it worked as expected, but other claimed it worked, you can give it a try.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 12. Oct 09, 10:33

Look in the setup script of the software, see its value as set, apply the opposite.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”