[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 16:31

Hi Hilmi,

The script will only target a ship if it's in the same sector as you, and it will not fly you to the ship, only target it, as (I think) it would be annoying if you are flying somewhere specific and my script took over and flew you somewhere else because it detected an abandoned ship!

When you do a scan, the script will let you know of any ships you can claim that are in sectors where you have a ship (in space), a satellite or factory. Any ships detected in these sectors will be written into the logbook. You can then fly to those sectors and claim the ships, so when you've done a scan, check the logboook to see if any have shown up.

As you place satellites, build factories and have more ships flying about, the 'network' of sectors you have a presence in grows, and the more sectors the scan will include. If you place satellites in every sector you can (or want to), you will have a much better chance of finding ships.

The 'autopilot activated' is a side-effect of scripts that use certain commands and happens to all scripts unfortunately.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 19:26

Hi Hilmi,

The other thing is do you have the detect crates command running in additional ship commands?

Legionnaire

Hilmi
x2

Post by Hilmi » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 20:37

Its OK, I figured it out, I just had to read the instructions better!

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 11:43

I installed this script and now in every equipment dock the upgrades and equipment listings are all blank and the price is 28 cr for each item...

Also in my freight I have no upgrades listed as installed, although I can still use them.

I've tried uninstalling the script and going back to an older save, but there is still the same problem.

If I reinstall the game will things go back to normal?
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 22:42

Hi Big Bad Orca,

Did you install or uninstall any other scripts at the same time, my script shouldn't have had that effect on the game, and nobody else has reported anything like that happening.

If it is another script, going back to a previous save wouldn't have any effect, a clean install would fix the problem, but if you installed the problem script again (whatever one that is), the problem would probably reappear.

Check the threads for any other scripts you have installed and see if anyone has reported the same problem, maybe there is an answer already posted.

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 22:54

Thanks for the reply - I finally worked it out... I did a re-install of the plugin manager and that did the trick - apparently if you don't "park" it during an upgrade it can get a bit messed up.
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 13:12

Hi Big Bad Orca,

Glad to know you got it sorted!

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 16:48

TECSG,

Thanks for your script.

I haven't installed it as yet, but I do have a small request/suggestion.

Is it possible to make this script work ONLY for the sector in which you are in? The reason I ask, is that I feel that having it scan any sector in which I have a ship or satellite is a bit too powerful. I'd prefer to have it just scan the sector in which I am currently located.

I'm sure you thought about this during your design, so I'm curious as to what you thought to be the pros and cons.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 00:15

Hi Crapgame,

The original version (1.x) for X2/3 was written to locate the 12 'freebie' ships the programmers had (kindly) placed in the X-Universe, this was so that the initial stages of the game would go a bit faster (cash and ships when you actually needed them!).

Added later was the ship creator, which creates a random ship/cargo/crate as the game progresses. Given that these can be created in a sector you have already been through (and if you're like me, left a satellite in sectors with shipyards or plot-related content), it saves many hours of searching.

Also, as the X-Universe grew, it became less and less likely that you would find ships only searching the Player's sector, (I think X3TC has 226 or so sectors), and it seemed a fair way to cover multiple sectors by supposedly creating a network of all sectors in which you have property.

The script could be modified to only check the current sector, I will put a 'switch' in the next release that will allow the player to switch the network on/off. You can download just the modified file from here and then just copy it into the X3TC\scripts folder overwriting the existing one.

Open the script in X3TC and read the instructions in it to see how to enable/disable the Network mode.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 00:23

Wow, thanks! That's perfect. Your link doesn't work though. It points to an xml file.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 19:43

Hi Crapgame,

The scripts in X3TC are .xml files, download it and save it to the 'scripts' folder in your Terran Conflict folder (overwriting the existing one), then Reinit Script Cache from the editor to switch to the new script.

The .spk file you may have been expecting is the complete package, in this instance, I've only posted the modified (single) file.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 15:12

is there a way to disable the random creation of the ship?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 18:18

Hi kelmen,

If you really want to delete creation of extra ships/crates, (I think) if you delete the file scs.suppliment.network.xml from the 'scripts' folder in your Terran Conflict folder, then select 'Reinit Script Cache' from the main Script Editor window it should disable that part of the script without compromising the rest of the script.

If it doesn't work, restore the file from the recycle bin and Reinit again, then post another message and I'll modify the script to be able to disable that feature internally.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 03:56

TECSG, your script works great with the NPC bail addon script. Value of derelicts scored in this way (i.e. after setting up navsat network) is not super high (mostly M5's, M4's, Tp's, TS's, some a SuperFrtr's), but provides a great cash jumpstart in early game, for players like me addicted to restarts..

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 10:42

Hi Hieronymos,

I've not tried the NPC bail addon, but glad you find the script useful!

Let me know if you find any bugs, or think of any additional features you think might be a good idea!

I will try to incorporate anything that sounds interesting, (providing I have the time of course!).

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:49

The NPC Bail Addon is a script (can't find the link just now) that applies the same logic to npc pilots bailing during combat with player, to combat--or even collisions--with each other.

In combination with a navsat network operating with your script, the result is an endless stream of smaller fighters and freighters. M3's are rare, but there are a surprising number of superfreighters--most very badly banged up.

In the early game, it's quite a profitable way to spend time between quests..Although in the latest version of the script, you need to race other scavengers to the loot..

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 11:30

Hi Hieronymos,

Sounds interesting, I might have a look at that (not that I play X3TC much these days).

Do you know if you can you disable the other scavengers?

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 03:42

Apparently you can reduce them only, unless you mod the script. One postee said he did so; removed all other scavengers--and every single pirate base in the galaxy vanished! However, I may be wrong on this..as there are other variables that players can set/reset.

I haven't been playing TC for a while either--too much modding work getting DDRS mod ported to TC. And the version of Bail Addon I was playing with was before scavengers were added in.

The reason it works well with your script, is imo, because it creates sense that there's "a lot more going on" in Salvage-land. Your script, while very useful for both the navsat network & the claim & navigation features, is quite passive by comparison. Before the NPC Bail script, all I'd ever use the navsat net portion of yr script for was precisely locating coords of many of the free ships..

Adding the 'locate crates' portion of the script (including crate spawns) was very creative.

Which, if you ever expand your script, you could add some new Salvage Derelict missions. We're working with scripting some of these for DDRS too, whereby player gets coords of a derelict..but doesn't know what he'll find: a gutted, 12% intact hull--or a pair of mint condition, supertuned M3+'s. And he doesn't know whether or not it's defended or no. Maybe a party of Yaki spawn when he comes within 10km of the wreck. Or maybe a Xenon war party spawns nearby after making the claim...

Setting up an Adv. Navsat network--at least around areas I set up complexes in--is always a top priority for me. Yr script + Bail Addon + Mk3 Navsat trader, make the time and expense of a net, really worth it.

But if there was "more happening" in yr script, that'd be even better :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 10:20

Hi Hieronymos,

I don't play X3TC much as I played X2 and X3R to death, unfortunately, I probably overplayed them somewhat too...

I'm sure there is a way to reduce or remove the competition (safely), I may have a look at it later.

I may (eventually) get around to adding the Stealth Satellite Network back into the script, this was removed from the X3R scripts to speed up release of the X3TC version, and I did think of adding 'self-jumping' to the ships you salvage so they could jump to the nearest station instead of having to fly there...

Of course, any ideas welcomed, it's just a case of having the time, and inclination to add them!

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 04:29

i installed this script and things went horribly wrong. My pc slowed down to a crawl and then locked up. Though maybe it was just over heating, so i restarted the pc and tried again. Nope, same slow down/lock up. I uninstalled this script and my pc ran at full speed again.
Any idea's?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”