[SCRIPT] [2012.04.02] Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 02:47

Great Job Alex been very useful to Equip my fleet :) and its pretty useful for the hub aswell :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 03:45

Agreed, this is a very handy tool :thumb_up: it beats manually checking every sector by a light year!

Thanks for sticking with the project and making it better :)

camus2555
x4

Post by camus2555 » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 21:52

thanks i was looking for a script like this, yours is very helpfull :D

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 14:11

Minor update for people:
v2.10
The Menu uses my shared library files (see below), and (YAY!!!) using the script will NOT toggle/interrupt the autopilot any more. Damn that was annoying me.

In my quest to create an Automated Shopper, the ware menu will now be usable through simple library scripts (as the auto shopper needed a "cleaned" ware menu as well).
This also means that the menu and lists will be cached between them giving even more speed for all! I don't know about you, but I skip through the menus like a crazy man on speed, and slow custom menus annoy me, lol.

Esgaro
x3tc

Post by Esgaro » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 02:35

This sounds extremely useful, but the plug-in manager crashes for me, and looking at the thread, many other people when it exits. I tried extracting the script manually and putting it in the X directory, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there anything extra I need to do?

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 03:14

If using Vista, have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
In any case, if you wish there is now a zip version (see first post), with minor installation instructions.

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 09:49

Small problem, Version 2.10 installs as a seperate script instead of updating like usual over 2.00 in the Plugin Manager. If it has to do that to change the name then its fine because the name is better now, but just a fyi.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 10:13

@Chroniss: Opps, didn't think about that when I changed it, lol.
Oh well, no point changing it back now.

New release; v2.20. The ware menu now has 3x new options:
Usable Lasers
Fireable Missiles
Loadable Shields

In each case they will only display what the current ship can use/fire/load/whatever you want to call it.
The laser menu will output each laser bay in its own "chunk"/heading, the number it can hold, and the lasers that will fit in that bay.
The missile menu... Well, the missiles you can fire, lol.
The shields; the bay count, and all the shield types you can load (1MJ->xMJ).

The main reason for adding these (since after all not all of your ships have best buy or whatever), is for my auto shop script. It makes it much easier to know what the ship your ordering about can use, etc.

However, the biggest update is that I am no longer using those old library scripts; I have written new scripts, and they are MUCH faster. Previously if you searched for something common (ECells) when you had a ton of sats over the universe, it'd take a good 10-20 seconds+ to do anything, now it'll be like a 1-2 second pause and it'll be done.
Also, the station listing is now limited to 50 stations in the message as it was cutting off the "Copy to Log?" button.

Enjoy. :)

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 20:11

I just installed this and all I'm getting is a big list of null for the ware selection. No categories, just 24 null entries.

I thought at first that it must be a conflict somewhere, but even in a new game without any scripts installed it gives the null list.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 08:47

PaulP wrote:I just installed this and all I'm getting is a big list of null for the ware selection. No categories, just 24 null entries.

I thought at first that it must be a conflict somewhere, but even in a new game without any scripts installed it gives the null list.
Opps, parts of the ware menu were still linked to the old libraries - which worked for me since I had the files on my comp, but obviously not for others. Fixed now, also fixed a couple of minor spelling errors; released as v2.21.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 19:58

small request:

when you next update this can you remove these commands from the drone menu?
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 00:25

Its verry anoying that i have to have an advanced satelite or any of my ship in a specific sector for this command to display the best prices in that sector.

How do i remove this requirement

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 16:21

Installed this this morning... it's actually really nifty, thanks :)

I'm not a massive script user, I just like a few that make life a little easier so I'd really only used CLS and CAG extensively before - this gets added to my little bundle of "must have" scripts.

Unlike the previous geezer, I actually like the fact that you need "property" in a sector for it to work - it just seems like a logical extension to Best Buys/Sells to me. Well done that man!
[ external image ]

... old skool

DasFlo
xr

Post by DasFlo » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 18:35

Actually, I'd like a version that just does it's thing without the need for property in the sectors, too. May be a little cheat'ish, but still great to have for those of us that want it.

Thanks for the great script otherwise :)

rascalcmos

Post by rascalcmos » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 15:39

Hi - Just a newb question...

To use this great mod, I always have to go through all those steps:

1) select my freighter (the one with the best buy/sell locator installed)
2) select "command console"
3) select "trade"
4) select universe best buy (for instance)
5) select "all wares" (since i'm learning i'm never sure how to categorize some stuff)

Now to the big question: Is there a way to "macro" this and just being open the menu by using ONE only shortcut key??

please please please tell me this is doable ;-))

A lazy merchant who just enjoys watching its freighters while finding trade routes ;-)

strude
x4

Post by strude » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 17:52

DasFlo wrote:Actually, I'd like a version that just does it's thing without the need for property in the sectors, too. May be a little cheat'ish, but still great to have for those of us that want it.

Thanks for the great script otherwise :)
I think this script might do what you are after http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=231647 but I've not used it so I can't say, but it does say it searches wares in any sector you have visited. Think it only works for buying though, not selling. I prefer the requirement to have property there myself, but what you do is up to you.

I also reference this script as it has a nifty feature. When it returns the list of factories where the ware is available, it allows you to select the factory, and then select a ship to send there. Could a similar system be implemented for your script? For example your script currently returns a list of available factories with prices and jump distances. Could you make it so that I could select a factory from the list and that commands the ship to automatically dock at that station? Would save having to save the info to the log, then go back to the ships command console, select dock at command, select sector and selecting the station
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

dmatter
xr

Post by dmatter » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 09:11

hello
I wanted to know if I could translate your script in French

best regards

rascalcmos

Post by rascalcmos » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 11:02

As a nice-to-have extension, I wish we could sort the results by Price or Jumps.

For instance, being able to sort by Jumps is convenient when looking for a new trade, by looking at the prices around your sector.

Great script anyway

wolfsbane27
x3

Post by wolfsbane27 » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 17:47

Could you add a hotkey to this script for faster access?

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 15:26

Hi,

I noticed a bug in your script : I try to look for Advanced satellites and I get an incoming message with nothing at all inside (it works perfectly for ships, stations, guns, and energy cells).
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”