[SCRIPT] [2012.04.02] Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sun, 31. May 09, 11:20

alex2069 wrote:Anyways, they've been uploaded, and links fixed.
Thanks, the download works now and I've installed (though not yet tried) your script.

Yesterday I tried Ware Hunter (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=239956) which is quite nice, but since it presents all wares in a long list a little bit cumbersome to use.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 23:56

Found a slight issue... It seem that stations can be found even if you haven't discovered them. I traced the problem to a2069.lib.getstations, the parameter $arg.onlyKnown isn't used for anything. Added a 'skip if $ware.station is known; continue' and robert is your father's brother, or possibly your mother's brother, noone knows, a terrible mix up at the hospital, quite a coincidence really how it all turned out.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 11:59

ThomasAH wrote:Thanks, the download works now and I've installed (though not yet tried) your script.

Yesterday I tried Ware Hunter ...
Replying to myself: Having compared both I now mostly use your script.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 19:58

To alex2069

I would just like to ask if you have any ojection to me using the ware selection screen and possibly something similar to the reporting page layout from your script in a script i'm working on, of course i will credit you with that part of the script in the script as you have done to others that you have borrowed their script ideas.

regards

MarCon

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:03

mark_a_condren wrote:To alex2069

I would just like to ask if you have any ojection to me using the ware selection screen and possibly something similar to the reporting page layout from your script in a script i'm working on, of course i will credit you with that part of the script in the script as you have done to others that you have borrowed their script ideas.

regards

MarCon
Go for it. :)
If you want to see a little more on the specifics of a few others:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226793

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 18:51

alex2069

Thanks for the go ahead.

Checked your lib scripts and might put some of them to use, thanks.
I hate having to reinvent the wheel if someone has got one they will let me borrow.

I use uni.bb/bs quite a bit, thats were i got the idea for my script.

thanks
MarCon

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 04:25

2 improvements can make this script over other trade scripts i been using

1. not using message, instant report/display the result in menu
- the message system didn't come with a management system and interface, its just combersome to further clog it

2. if the result sorting can be change, either after the result poped or specify the sorting order 1st.
- include in an extra sorting feature can help the player find the decision more faster

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 14:24

I've finish University for the year (<- Australian), so I have time to play! Yay! lol
So, a belated update, but an update none the less!
This update contains pretty much everything people have asked for/complained about. If there's anything else, ask away - I've a fair amount of free time at the moment.

v2.30 - 2009.11.30
  • Added ability to change sorting order for the Jumps, Price, and Quantity.
    Added ability to select/send a ship to a station result (uses standard !moveto.station script at the moment).
    Gave the results system an overhaul - No longer uses messages, columns neater, etc
    Added a hotkey setup - This currently *requires* Cycrow's Hotkey Manager (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226805)
    Fixed a bug where unknown stations would be returned (thanks ThisIsHarsh).
    Modified a lot of the t-file usage. It should be a lot easier to completely translate now.
Just a quick note about the send ship functionality. It uses the inbuilt scripts, so it *should* use the auto-jump functionality, etc.
I've found this to be pretty dodgy some times, but eventually I plan on using my more advanced jump script from my Automated Satellite Network script. I just need to tweak it a bit to make it more "library" friendly kind of thing.

Roady1976
x4

Post by Roady1976 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 15:06

Thanks for this update :)

This is one of a few scripts that stay with me when re-arranging mods / scripts

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 17:54

:) Thank you alex for making this, I have been wondering if there was an X3R Product Finder equivalent for X3TC, looks like this will be another essential.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 00:07

In case anyone had a weird library error message pop up the first time you loaded after installing this: (quoting myself from my Auto Sat Net script)

"Ok, I tested this on a clean install, and yea, it has a fit - but only the *first* time. So for all those that were getting there error, you shouldn't have received it in future loads, and it should be working fine (since by the second load, the setup lib script would have run). <- Is this not so for anyone?

Apparently setup script order isn't governed entirely by name. A minor update to v1.31 will alleviate this need and forcefully run it if it hasn't run first. Those that aren't having this problem don't need to update."

So I've applied a similar fix to this (v2.31). If you aren't having any problems you don't need to install this.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 09:54

It was a little disconcerting having no results turn up for things you knew should (due to notoriety restrictions; for me at least anyways), so I've enhanced the output a bit to include them:
  • v2.40 - 2009.12.02
    • Added a Race column to the results.
      Added a Notoriety column to the results (Green = Can Buy, Red = Can't, 'E' = Enemy Station; e.g. Argon Sector M148).
      Fixed a bug where not-known stations would be added to the list (correctly fixed this time).
      Fixed a player relations bug where many items would turn up as not sold anywhere.
Enjoy.

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 10:00

I was just about to post that this wasn't working for me at all.
I couldn't find any lasers or missiles in any search I tried, but it works now.
Thanks. :wink:

Got a readtextid error above the number of jumps in the ship select menu.
It also doesn't seem to work, I select a ship and nothing happens. :oops:

EDIT:
I messed with some more and I found that it does work, it just states the ship command as "command_none", but the ship flies off and buys the ware.
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 11:40

vampirecosmonaut wrote:Got a readtextid error above the number of jumps in the ship select menu.
It also doesn't seem to work, I select a ship and nothing happens. :oops:
Bah, loading wrong id. Fixed now (v2.41).
vampirecosmonaut wrote:EDIT:
I messed with some more and I found that it does work, it just states the ship command as "command_none", but the ship flies off and buys the ware.
Yea... It's kind of crappy at the moment... It works, but it uses the standard !move.movetostation script which is limited at best. But it works! (most of the time, lol)
Once I "libraryize" my intelligent jump script (that I'm using on the Sat Net), I'll use that instead.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 19:11

Just catched your new version ;)

One thing: it is possible to change this "notority"-value to a significant phrase? A number like 4534 doesn't say anything to me (else than it is higher than 3500 :D ).

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 23:25

The required notoriety to buy the ware is at the top heading of the results "Require Notoriety: xxxxx". Or I think there's a function to convert it to the "Rank"; is this what you mean?
I'd considered it, but some of the ranks are quite "long" and I'm not sure what the columns would do with long text, or how to counter for it exactly.
I think they automatically cut off the text with a "..." if it encounters the next column or something but how "neat" that would look I'm not sure. (I don't want to add too much more there otherwise it'll look cluttered)

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 23:27

Honestly, I think that it is fine the way it is.
Putting titles for each and every rank would be a hassle and wouldn't fit. :wink:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 05:45

Updated to v2.50
  • v2.50 - 2009.12.06
    • Updated the send script so it now uses my intelligent jump lib (automatic energy refuelling, etc).
      Updated the sent ship to use its command status so it will now notify you if you have it set.
      Updated the Save Results to Log to include the Race and Notoriety.
      Added ability to force jump drive usage on sending ships.
      Added the option to message you when the sent ship arrives.
      Fixed a few graphical issues that had been irritating me.
      Fixed a bug relating to gate-less/"disconnected" sectors like Aldrin causing inf. loops.
      Fixed a couple more read-text errors.
For vampirecosmonaut: When sending ships, it'll now use its jump drive intelligently - buying energy if it needs to, and sector hopping intelligently if it can't hold enough for 1 jump. This is using the lib I developed for the Auto Sat Net... It should be working 100%.... Should... lol
As such it'll also use the command states and update accordingly (still a bit of work to do on it, but it works now).

And for Reisser: Added the required notoriety of the ware at the top of the column now as well. I know it still doesn't help in terms of giving you a "rank", but it'll help.
At some point I'll look into how to make it easier to understand/get a relative idea of just how far off you are from something.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 10:23

One question: I've installed the script by unpacking the zip in my folders. Now I want to uninstall them. But when I only delete the script - how get I rid of the two hotkeys without having ugly "read-text" in my hotkey-list??

(I have to uninstall all last new scripts because my game freezes at a specific time of the game and now have to search for the failur :( )

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 10:44

The hotkeys are managed by Cycrow's hotkey manager plugin. Install this script and it will clear them automatically - rest assured that this (the hotkey manager) script would not be causing any game freezes. Other than the initial game loading, it's only called by other scripts and doesn't do anything active itself; it's basically a library (so safe to install and rule out as a possible cause).

As for this script, the only possible time it could cause freezing is when you use the extended part of it - the send ship to station part.
If you don't use that, it's safe to say this script is not causing your problem (the bulk of the script is only running when *you* run it).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”