[SCRIPT] Free Jump - version 1.4

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 22:07

i love this mod.

couple of requests
i cant seem to make my non-folower ships (IE trade ships M7 thats not folowing me...) jump. Is this intentinal? or am i missing somthing?

and second.. is there a way for it to cost more about $20 per crystal?

Thanks
Corhen

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 22:41

Grax, as I'm sure you don't have enough on your plate as it is (heh heh), have you looked to see if this can be incorporated into the UT scripts?

I'd imagine it could be as simple as a command call change. But then, when is anything ever that simple? :p

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 22:52

corhen wrote:i love this mod.

couple of requests
i cant seem to make my non-folower ships (IE trade ships M7 thats not folowing me...) jump. Is this intentinal? or am i missing somthing?

and second.. is there a way for it to cost more about $20 per crystal?

Thanks
Corhen
Do they have a jump drive and navigation command software MK1 installed?

Sure, it could cost more, but look how many versions I already made! Hehe. Do this:

in-game press shift + c, then s
scroll down to plugin.Grax.free.jump and press enter or click on it
scroll down to line 25

Code: Select all

025   $cost = $ecells * 12
click on the "12", scroll down and select <Number> and type in 20
press escape and select yes to save

Do the same with plugin.Grax.free.jump.followers (and .free.jump.hotkey if you have that).

At the main script editor window, highlight "reinit script caches" and press enter. Save your game.

@fud: Haven't looked at all. Read alot about UT's being busted at the moment, so haven't even used them at all. I use Lucike's Economy and Supply Trader script. IMO, better than ST/UT any day.

-Grax

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 23:54

awesomeness, your my hero :D

I will now go roam the universe with my credit jumping skillz. "hey, lets make a jump to argon prime; throw another few thousand credits into the drives!"

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 13:58

Possible improvements:

If its possible it would be great to have a single script for this. Maybe somehow add a config option to set the ecell cost (wich could be 0).

I dont see a reason why the hotkey version doesnt have the menu option too, if you fuse this 2 you will have less scripts to maintain.

Also, im using cycrows manager, and im not sure if its replacing/adding the files correctly, i generally uninstall the old spk and add the new one. i might have lost the menu option without knowing.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 15:14

Grax, im using this script and works perfectly, except for one strange thing, when i jump far away and arrived to destination, my cargo hold appear full of ecells. Rly doesnt matter (250 more or less) i just sell or trash them. Just to let you know.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 16:51

juanitierno wrote:If its possible it would be great to have a single script for this.
Not possible, unless you mean "single script package", which I did.
I dont see a reason why the hotkey version doesnt have the menu option too
I might do that today. Edit: done.
Also, im using cycrows manager, and im not sure if its replacing/adding the files correctly, i generally uninstall the old spk and add the new one. i might have lost the menu option without knowing.
If you're trying to use both the navigation command one and the hotkey one, don't uninstall. Install both. Cycrow's manager will do the right thing, don't worry. Edit: Uninstall and install new package.
Puruco wrote:when i jump far away and arrived to destination, my cargo hold appear full of ecells
There's nothing in any of the scripts that adds energy cells to your ship. If this is happening, it's because of some other script/mod you have installed.

-Grax

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 18:32

I use the script soley for the purpose of staying away from the deathtraps that they call gates for my M7....

I use the credit version.... But I would like to suggest that instead of credits, maybe make if like Battlestar Galatica, when you jump you have to wait such and such a time for the jump drive to recharge.

Would add a little more interesting way of contoling the free ness of the script.

At any rate it is a must to have this for the simple fact that m7s and M2 and M1 have no buisness using jump gates.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 18:54

I finaly got some time to test your script Grax, and i have to say im quite dissapointed.

This is your script in action (Freejump):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tWUkcqJ-Y&fmt=18

And this is what it should really look like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMS1bDYUQo&fmt=18

^
The second video shows the MH_AdvJumper (an x2 script) wich is way better. As you can see it works on X3:R

MH_AdvJumper

PS: The sounds are part of the script

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:14

i see what your saying, the new jumpdrive is a little... subtle.
i dont like that massive sound, or the massive flash, but i agree, that there should be some visual aspect. a hyper acceleration? (jumps to like 20000 m/s for half a second) etc. i personaly like the jump looks in Heroic Age go 1 minute in, ignore the talking, and ship transforming,
what i mean is the wave build-up, then the "Lotus" like spiral

@Grax Is it possible to keep that count-down?? right now its a "get out of trouble" card, and i like the 30 seconds it takes for the in-game jump drive to work[/url]

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 21:11

bounty_hunter66 wrote:I finaly got some time to test your script Grax, and i have to say im quite dissapointed.
Why, because it doesn't have sound effects and graphics? I wrote it in response to a request for a cheap/free way of jumping (in my mind, a cheat). You don't even need to buy energy cells, and as you can see, there's a script that doesn't even cost you money. Although the script requires a jump drive installed, it doesn't use the jump drive at all, which is why there's no countdown.

if someone wants to write a script package that adds something like, "Advanced Jump Drives" to equipment docks, has the normal countdown, normal way of buying energy cells, and has sounds and graphics, I say more power to 'em! :)

In my mind, no matter how you slice it, jumping to coordinates is a cheat. If I see a Xenon capital ship traveling through a sector, I can Fj my own Cap ship group right in front of him. In the "non-cheating world of X3TC", you'd have to jump to the nearest gate, and hope you can catch him. Same goes for fighter groups, you jump to the nearest gate, and if the enemy ship(s) are faster than you, you're out of luck.

Of course, cheating can be, and is alot of fun! :D I actually have two different save game groups, one for my non-cheating game and one for my cheating game.

In closing, I'm sorry you're bummed out that I didn't give it the flashy graphics and sound effects of a normal jump, but then again, no one is forcing you to use it either. I don't plan on adding anything more to the current script, unless a bug pops up. I'm sure some of the authors of the scripts like "gateless jump drive" and "MH_AdvJumper" will eventually write scripts for TC.

-Grax

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 21:19

ahh, i didn't realize that this was a cheat. i have been using it more as a ... supplement??

as a cheat, its great, all power too you, Grax

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 22:23

I'm sure some of the authors of the scripts like "gateless jump drive" and "MH_AdvJumper" will eventually write scripts for TC.

The last post of the maker of the script is on: 21. Oct 2006

So i dont think thats gonna happen

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 23:55

corhen wrote:ahh, i didn't realize that this was a cheat. i have been using it more as a ... supplement??
You'll very rarely see (although it does happen) an argument in this forum as to what is and isn't considered a "cheat". Because most people know it's like opinions... everyone has a different one. Remember this and you'll do fine, "Cheating is in the eye of the beholder". For example, I don't consider it a cheat that I have modified my fight scripts to reduce the amount of missiles enemies fire back to X3 Reunion levels. In the eyes of some purists, they might consider that a cheat, since X3TC has "missile boats" (yeah, they're useless in my game). Some might consider the NPC Bailing script a cheat, since Egosoft didn't intend for NPC pilots to bail when fighting other NPC's. OTOH, many people feel that this is the way the game should be. So... what is and isn't a cheat is up to you to decide.

In the case of this particular script, it also gives you the ability to jump into Terran space. Since for some reason Egosoft didn't give us that ability, I consider that a bonus rather than a cheat. To each his own. I could just as easily say, "It's not realistic that these advanced ships have to have a timer while the 'jump device is charging', it's more realistic to believe that they jump instantly". 8)

-Grax

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 16:29

undocumented feature (bug): the hotkey function does not check for jumpdrive installed.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:37

TSM wrote:Grax this is great I FJ'ed and one of my follower's was M2 it jumped far enough away from me to block my assasination targets exit :)
Nice timing - placing whatever :D

Grax, really been a whil ei was loking for somehing similar, my hats to you!..

*Hand over some chocolate cookie*

Keep on the good work !!

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:43

for some reason a lot of scripts dont check for the actual ware required.
The medusa for instance... >.>
Its ok with me really, you still need jumpdrives on your ships if you want to use those.

h0kum

Post by h0kum » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:37

As someone said earlier, could you a version with recharge time so it can't be used for a couple of minutes after? This would make me feel better about using it :)

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 20:03

h0kum wrote:As someone said earlier, could you a version with recharge time so it can't be used for a couple of minutes after? This would make me feel better about using it :)
I could easily do that, but what would be a reasonable recharge time? I'd hate to do that, then have everyone arguing about what is a reasonable time, or asking me to remove that feature.

-Grax

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 20:11

There is another jump script right here

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225561
Last edited by bounty_hunter66 on Wed, 26. Nov 08, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”