[Script] JCC: Carrier Production 1.01 [16/11/2008]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 16:21

Okay, was testing and this is what I see so far. There should be some way to select how many ships of a certain class you want to make because as it is right now, it is confusing. I set it to make discoverers and it made about 5 then i switched to trying to make Eclipses and it kept making discoverers until I shut it off.

Another thing is, more than half of the discoverers made were not made with the weapons and shields that I set the layout too. Some had 1 shield and no guns, some had nothing, maybe 2 had full loadout like I said, minus missiles that is. It also didn't equip all of the shields and lasers, just one shield.

edit--- I again shut it down and then tried to make busters, set busters as default, then started it up, still continues to create discoverers.

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 16:51

you have to reset carrier production when you change the default fighter.

To do that go to module settings/installed modules/fighter module and reset production.

I will take a look at this... maybe I will reset production when default fighter layout is modified.

about the shields/laser: they are still being produced... it take some time to produce all the shields/laser necessary to equip the ships...
Mai ingrish iz gud?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:51

Okay but let me ask you, do the shields and lasers still get produced if you reset production? Because otherwise it will continue to create fighters. It creates the discoverers much faster than it does shields and lasers and I don't want a carrier full of discoverers.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:55

does this work for m7s at the moment? i dont exactly have the cash to spend on a carrier as of yet (and i havent even decided which to go for), but my cerb has 6 docking slots, (or that nifty split one with 32), and i was wondering if i could use this on it... even if only for missile production and the likes.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 13:19

Ok did some more testing and this is what I have found. The script only works on one carrier at a time. Is this what you intended? Would be nice to be able to use it on several at a time. Now, one thing I definitely think needs to be changed about production is this:

The carriers continue to produce ships even when it reaches its max carrying capacity. I left my game on seta and there were hundreds of ships in my carrier. This has got to change because many of us play the game on seta overnight or something. Also right now my carrier has over 5000 lasers in its queue, I think that is a little ridiculous haha. I think you should change the script to only produce the amount that is needed regarding lasers and shields and such. Also, you should make the script only produce the ships you specify in your queue this way you can produce the ships you want without too much hassle. As it is right now, it is a hassle.

edit--- Also, I don't think it should take a longer time for the carrier to produce weapons and shields than it does to make ships. Ships are built much faster it seems?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 04:29

Jumper, is there going to be an update on this?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 05:01

indeed >.>
This script has great potential.

Gawaine
x3tc

Post by Gawaine » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 06:02

I'm trying to use this script but it seems not to work for me. I add 3 each of laser, shield, and fighter modules to my colossus but when I go to the layout menu and try to Add Ship Type to Library, it says you can't produce that type of fighter. This happens for all types I have, discoverers novas and scimitar.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 05:21

turn on the custom carrier build command before you start trying that stuff...

My question: How do I tell it I want to build a few things just for me? Ive got a shiny new split mini-carrier, but it doesnt seem to want to build the stuff....
Ah well, I will try tomorrow when im more awake, see how that goes.

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 10:48

BUG:When I set some M3 to product it need 3 fighter module.when i chagen fighter modul to 2,it still product other m3.

Question:
How can I stop default ship's product?or change it to "null"?
Why is fighter cant install all shield(for example Tenjin have 3x25MJ,but only 2 or 1 25MJ have been install)
Why is fighter weapon cant been install?
Not all fighter hull upgrade(cargo/turn)

Suggestion:
It can get Equipments setting.
M3/4/5 diffent built time.(for example m3=40mins m4=15mins m5=6mins)
Weapon/missle diffent built time.(base on weapon's rank)
auto add EC to fighter's cargo
More price of item by carrier builded(as balance I think over average price 10-20%)

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:02

this really is a work in progress... the problem is, the original guy kinda gave up on it :(

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:13

damn I was just about to start using this but if its not gonna be supported then I will give it a miss :(
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 01:26

It's been gaven up?OH NO.It's a nice script.I think it's woking 80%,who can continue this work?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 01:46

I dont know... I have seen him put out other scripts, But i see no response at all to this thread :(

try PM'ing him and seeing what he says, maybe he will go back to fixing this.

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 05:36

I do not think it should been gaven up, it's very unique, It's the transition before get the HQ, but also share a useful supplement to the HQ of the pressure.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 08:41

if i could make any sense of what he is doing with the scripts, I would defiantly take this up as a personal project.

But they make no sense :(

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 16:21

Im sorry about my absence... I was playing the new expansion for World of Warcraft for the past month (and got bored already just by thinking on going back to raiding ad infinitum)...

I am continuing the project, I already made some changes to it, and got to the point that any big ship can use it. As soon as January 10 I will release a new version with your sugestions. And will do my best to explain the purpose of this script.
Mai ingrish iz gud?

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 16:42

Blackrain,
Okay but let me ask you, do the shields and lasers still get produced if you reset production? Because otherwise it will continue to create fighters. It creates the discoverers much faster than it does shields and lasers and I don't want a carrier full of discoverers.
The ships are produced while the carrier has docking space, what I do is reset all modules involved on the production of that ship.
A future feature: an option to reset all modules.

Theres a bug in which a carrier will produce a ship even when there's no default ship-layout assigned. I will work on this.

What I observed: You end with lots of ships with no shields and laser but after some time they get equipped. Its a work in progress to balance time.

Lancefighter,
does this work for m7s at the moment? i dont exactly have the cash to spend on a carrier as of yet (and i havent even decided which to go for), but my cerb has 6 docking slots, (or that nifty split one with 32), and i was wondering if i could use this on it... even if only for missile production and the likes.
On my personal version it is. The next release will have this feature.
Other than missile production it can now produce EC (it wasnt implemented on the current release)

Blackrain,
Ok did some more testing and this is what I have found. The script only works on one carrier at a time. Is this what you intended? Would be nice to be able to use it on several at a time. Now, one thing I definitely think needs to be changed about production is this:
Are you sure about it? The only global vars are the ship-layouts... I will look into it and test producing diferent kinds of ships on different carriers.
Edit: ah... you can only have one default carrier to use with the hotkeys for quick attack/return home. Need more than one? Via menus you can order any carrier manually to jump to you/return home.
The carriers continue to produce ships even when it reaches its max carrying capacity. I left my game on seta and there were hundreds of ships in my carrier. This has got to change because many of us play the game on seta overnight or something. Also right now my carrier has over 5000 lasers in its queue, I think that is a little ridiculous haha. I think you should change the script to only produce the amount that is needed regarding lasers and shields and such. Also, you should make the script only produce the ships you specify in your queue this way you can produce the ships you want without too much hassle. As it is right now, it is a hassle.
hmm... looks like a bug... the lases are queued on a per ship basis... Im pretty sure my current version doesnt overproduce ships as I have one Colossus filled with Eclipses and no leftovers.
edit--- Also, I don't think it should take a longer time for the carrier to produce weapons and shields than it does to make ships. Ships are built much faster it seems?
Ideally yes... I was using the time function from HQ production but it seems they arent balanced for stuff other than ships. I will base myself on item value. Looks to be more consistent.

Gawaine,
I'm trying to use this script but it seems not to work for me. I add 3 each of laser, shield, and fighter modules to my colossus but when I go to the layout menu and try to Add Ship Type to Library, it says you can't produce that type of fighter. This happens for all types I have, discoverers novas and scimitar.
I removed that restriction... It didnt make much sense, you can add any ship to layout but your carrier wont be able to produce that ship unless you met the minimum requirements.

Lancefighter,
My question: How do I tell it I want to build a few things just for me? Ive got a shiny new split mini-carrier, but it doesnt seem to want to build the stuff....
Ah well, I will try tomorrow when im more awake, see how that goes.
The released version had a limitation where only ships with more than 20 docking slots could use the command, it will be removed for next release.

The others questions I will answer with time...

Again, sorry about my absence, this project will go on from now on.
Mai ingrish iz gud?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 18:27

Hey cool, welcome back :)

glad to see that you didnt /completely/ abandon the project 8)

northernlights

Post by northernlights » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 02:07

How is the next release of this script coming along? I'm anxious to try and use fighters but all the other methods I am aware of seem way too tedious and this script appears to handle all the repetitive tasks automatically.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”