[SCR] [11.11.08] [X3TC V1.1] SNM - Ship/Station Names Managment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 14:41

Hmm, I downloaded this and installed it but it isn't working. I run the hotkey, the menu comes up and I choose all the options, but it doesn't rename any ships.

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 14:48

thanks UniTrader for explaining that, I'll have a look at it ;)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 15:32

Version 1.1 released...

Changes:

- Changed the Order of the Questions for a Name Block in the Name Creating Assistent (in Previous Version Color -> Number Format -> Content, now Content -> Color -> Number Format (when it makes sense) )

- changed the 2 mistaken IDs in the Script Code

- several other improvements / bugfixes in the Menu for Mass Renaming

Complete Readme will follow soon.. i am not really good in writing longer texts in english so i think it will be out tomorrow evening..

Installation/Updating: just overwrite the existent Files... ;)

@BlackRain
The Hotkey is not the Main part of this Script, it is more an addition.. the Main part is to format the Ship Names you set by the normal rename-function ;) (it can last a bit because the Names of all Ships are checked every Minute... )
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 04:10

Home base name ends up showing /hbn and Home Base Sector ends up as /hbs when useing the menu's.

How does the number system work? I did the first option to rename 3 of my ships, Q 1, Elephant 2, Something 3. That was the end resault. I would have thought each would be named 1 since they were the only kind.

If i had 2 Q ships and 1 Elephant, i would exspect it to come up as, Q 1, Q 2, Elephant 1 and not Q 1, Q 2, Elephant 3.

Other bug i saw was, Target a ship, hit hotkey and change color to blue, Target same ship again, hit hotkey, hit escape. End resault is the ship being named -1Ship Name .

Other then that, everything is great so far. If i run into anything else, ill let ya know.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 08:21

asser69 wrote:Home base name ends up showing /hbn and Home Base Sector ends up as /hbs when useing the menu's.
Has the Ship a Homebase? when not this Strings are not substituted... and it is definetely not related to the menus because the menu and the automatic renaming of the Ship name are calling the same Script for the end Formatting.. the Menus are only faster because the Script is called directly after the setting of the Name...
asser69 wrote:Other bug i saw was, Target a ship, hit hotkey and change color to blue, Target same ship again, hit hotkey, hit escape. End resault is the ship being named -1Ship Name .
I will have a look into it ;)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 09:34

http://www.asser.net/name.jpg

Well there is a picture of it (me and my pictures).

Well the ships in question do not have a homebase set. That was with the command ALL SHIPS. The advance discovery does indeed show up with the homebase name in red, while every other ship shows up with the /hbn tag on each one.

Is there any way you can have it do a check to see if a homebase is set, and if there is not one then have it skip putting in /hbn and /hbs ?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:04

OK, i will replace the /hbn and /hbs-Tags with nothing when the Homebase is not set in the next Version...

But before that there is another important thing that someone in the German Forums told me relating Incoming Messages for Ships with colored Names: EGOsoft has changed the Format of the Color-Tags for incoming Messages, but when you use the old Format for color tags the Incoming Message will not be displayed at all.. and on the other hand the new Color Tags are not working in Ship Names... this is relating to ALL Scripts that are creating colored Ship Names, but it can only be solved by the ones who send the Incoming Messages to the Player when you want colored Ship Names.. i have created a small library which removes the Color-Tags from the Object Names so the Messages can be displayed correctly... (and i am working on expanding this library to change the color-tags in the new format for messages..)

Here is the necessary t-file-part for the library which simply removes the Color Tags for the Text Output:

Code: Select all

<page id="8642" title="UT SNM" descr="UniTraders Ship Names Management">
 <t id="1001">\033</t>
 <t id="1003">\033A</t>
 <t id="1005">\033B</t>
 <t id="1007">\033C</t>
 <t id="1009">\033G</t>
 <t id="1011">\033M</t>
 <t id="1013">\033R</t>
 <t id="1015">\033W</t>
 <t id="1017">\033Y</t>
 <t id="1019">\033X</t>
</page>
and here is the quickly written Lib itself

Lib Input:
Argument 1:
A) A String where the Color-Tags shall be removed or
B) An Object from which name the Color-Tags shall be removed

Returnvalue:
-> The String without color-Tags

In Addition there is a Version Check which returns the Script Version Number when you put in 'VersionCheck' at Argument 1 ;)

Please tell the Script Authors of the English Scripts sending the Messages about this when you have problems with Incoming Messages and colored Ship/Station Names...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:21

I am a little confused Unitrader. Are you saying I have to edit the names of each ship with those tags before I use the mass renamer? Or if not, how does it work?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:29

erm no, the Mass Renamer is just an addition to the Bsaic Script.. btw: what Options did you choose and what was your Aiming Target?? perhaps i can reconstruct aour problem..

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:33

Well I had my carrier selected and it has 60 ships inside so I clicked on ships docked at carrier. I then chose homebase option, with the greek symbol then roman numeral I think. Anyway, I don't really know how this works than. I am getting that problem with no text showing up with incoming messages. How do I fix that?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:39

Aha! i had a few messages that the window was messed up and i was trying to figure out what was causeing it.

There is another script that changes ship color for something but i can not remember what it was. I do know Satellite early warning network uses color on some of of it but the messages are sent to your log book.

Tommorow i will try to play around and break it more for you. ;)

Oh i remember what script i was thinking of. I think it was mars but only when debugging was on. So never mind that idea.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 10:42

UniTrader wrote:Please tell the Script Authors of the English Scripts sending the Messages about this when you have problems with Incoming Messages and colored Ship/Station Names...
We had noticed that already, but I doubt none of us has realized all the implications yet.

I do assume that the stock game still writes to logbook using template like:
Your ship $Name was killed in sector $Sector[ by $Attacker].
If that works like third-party scripts, there will be no such messages for colourful names, will there? And that is a stock game issue. :shock:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 13:03

Okay I got the script to work fine but I am having the problem of blank entries in my messages. I saw you mentioned this so how can I fix this?

edit--- Also how do i safely uninstall this? I think it is giving me problems as I can't load up some older saves before I had this.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 14:42

when you don't know much about Scripting it will take a very long time to fix the Message issue because you have to modify all the Scripts which are sending messages to you...(and some things in the Hardcode jlehtone mentioned...)

there is a uninstall routine in the 'al.plugin.snm', just execute this Script by Hand and select 'null' -> 'Select Yes/No' -> 'Yes', then save the Game and remove the files ;) but this will only remove the Hotkey and the AL-Plugin, the colored Names will remain because i hadn't thought about such issues with them when i created this... i will include a complete removal of the colors during the deinstallation in the next Version... (but the Lib for the re-formatting of the Text for Incoming messages has atm a higher priority for me..)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 15:12

I understand but will removing all the colors from the names of my ships fix my issue with the Incoming messages? I deinstalled your script but still have this problem, some of my ships still have colors in them though so is that why? Or is it impossible to fix my incoming messages now that I already added this?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 16:31

the problem is the color Tag in the Name, so removing them will fix this ;) it would be the best to clear the Name of the Ship complete because the color Tag are 2 invisible Signs ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 16:41

I see, hmm I might have to go back and check because I thought I removed all the color tags but i still keep getting incoming messages invisible.

edit-- Ugh, I cant seem to fix this problem and I took all the colors out and checked if there were invisible tags. I guess I have to wait until you fix the script.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 15:16

Any update on this?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 00:39

not yet, sry.. i had no time this week to do anything...

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 00:15

Any closer to fixing the incoming message bug UniTrader?

Looking forward to an update!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”