[SCR] Economy and Supply Trader [2009-10-12 X3TC 3.2.05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 10:37

@lucike: which one should i prefer (latest?)
give me an estimate when to expect the next version :wink:
I thought not to link every version posted in german topic because of your overwhelming output frequency
Redest du noch - oder denkst du schon ?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 10:57

wyvern11 wrote:give me an estimate when to expect the next version :wink:
Not today, perhaps tomorrow. I have found a very little bug in the EST. :p :)

Also the English players can download the EST Versions from the German topic.

Greets
Lucike

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 12:20

@lucike

OK then

I'll link german topic by editing second post and disclaiming that not all interim-versions will be directly downloadable but only "major and superstable" (since all are stable ;-) ) versions by your description. all interim-versions will then be attainable in german topic

agreed ?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 12:24

wyvern11 wrote:agreed ?
jup.

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 12:28

lets see if I can guess from your changes-list if it is major-superstable :wink:

otherwise I'll ask

@all
EDIT : See changes in second post for details and link to german EST-Topic (all versions of EST available there if not found here)

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 18:28

So are we going to see the Travel Drive any time soon? :)

-Grax

Edit: For those keeping up with this in the German forum, you need the new libraries also.

Guigui
x2

Post by Guigui » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 20:23

I've got 2 of mys EST traders docked at a station since several hours with the active order to "enable cargo transporter".

The issue seems to come from the TCS mk3 which is enabled. When disabled, all works fine and forever. Problem is you don't have to enter manually all the wares of the game with mk3 on and i'm a lazy guy.

Intended feature or bug ?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 04:26

OK, these guys have been making money, but... I don't think they're working very well. I haven't been watching them closely until now (I happen to be in the same sector). I have an "Apprentice" EST. He landed in the Plankton Farm in sector Light Water and didn't buy or sell anything. Then he landed in the Solar Power Plant M Beta, which was full of 12cr energy cells. He didn't buy or sell anything there either. The Plankton Farm and 3 of the Bio Gas Factories in Light Water were all empty of energy and willing to pay 19 cr. When he undocked from the SPP, he decided to go to Preacher's Refuge to buy Warheads. This is clearly not "thinking" correctly, IMO.

Landing in 2 different stations without trading anything is just wasting time. And why didn't he notice he could buy energy cells at 12cr and sell them at 19 instead of going 2 sectors away to buy warheads? The Weapon Component Factory in Preacher's Refuge is only a little over half full, so he can't be making a very profitable run.

-Grax

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 07:39

try to disable / drop mk3, set EST to wares found in the sector and check if the freight pilot starts trading. my yet two ESTs are trading on ordered wares and they do not stop ever

i think there may be an issue with mk3 pending (maybe out of economic situation in X3tc). out of my understanding ESTs mk3-section works like this (lucike may correct me if false):

- EST(mk3) does a ware survey of the surrounding sectors
- checks for most profitable routes (buy- and sell-station)
- fly to buy-station, check if route still profitable
- buy stuff anf fly

you see e-cells will almost never turn up high on profitable route list

"real" Mk3 dices out a ware, checks if profitable route exists and then flies to buy and sell

Maybe the proven x3r-algorithms are not working too well with x3tc due to different economic situation?

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 17:40

I go with that..

the TCSMK3 seems to override the EST on some issues - it's best to disable it

- anyway, that's how I kick-started one of my traders in Legend's Home..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

WebWalker
x3tc

Cant add Ware?

Post by WebWalker » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 17:47

I have installed this script, but every time I use the add ware command it gives me all the pick dialogs, then when I back out to the root menu I get 0 in the wares list.

How do I get it to keep a ware?

Thanks

WebWalker
x3tc

Post by WebWalker » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 17:50

Never mind, I just was clicking on the ware in the last dialog and it was removing it.

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 19:51

@all Mk3-users: looks like my wife is drowsing - probably going to get some time gaming x3tc

gonna test Mk3-EST for starters

WebWalker
x3tc

Post by WebWalker » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 20:54

Ok here is my latest problem. I have 3 of these ships in Aldrin and I am trying to get the weapon production kickstarted as the Weapon Fabs are totaly out of some resources that are sold in sector.

My higest level guy is a Freight Pilot and is in a Dolphin Super Freighter.

He started out trading energy cells, but I have added things Like MS Cahoonas and Nostrop Oil to his wares list. When I remove Energy cells, he just goes on standby and refuses to do anything. There are factories that are 100% full of the wares and Weapon Production Factories that have 0% stock.

Why will they only trade Energy Cells?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 21:08

EST description wrote:Configure reports -> Analysis to Log
The EST pilot can write his profit record into the logbook. This includes his current task.
... then post it here.

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 23:11

short report on testing EST-Mk3:

since i started the trade in paranid prime, he directly honeybeed to empire's edge (where there was a bean/husk/cells-trader at work already). now is contently trading around with paranid primary and secondary resources

now he's courier and problems are apt to arise at freight pilot as you tell - so lets see how he fares in future (probably on sunday)

@lucike log01000 shows reasonable ware list with strong inclination to beans :wink:
who woulda thought that ? :lol:

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 23:58

I haven`t seen a reply to my problem, so i`ll just recap.
They don`t seem to be repairing themselves. They fly to a shipyard, then sit on idle till I notice. I can then repair them and they start off again. Is this the intended method?

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 07:21

@dragonsblade... in short - yes. sorry for overlooking your post

Economy and Supply Trader
(Version 3.beta.04 - November 13th, 2008)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Economy and supply trader (Version 3.beta.04)
-> Necessary Libraries (You need them !) (NEW !)

Prerequisites: X³ Terran Conflict Version 1.2 or higher (not compatible to X³ Reunion) !!
13.11.2008 (Version 3.beta.04)
  • Traders using Mk3 found routes to sectors unknown to player where they were not allowed to trade

(ed. so this is a "must have" for massive Mk3-users experiencing problems. Players reporting Mk3-EST problems from now on should have 3.beta.04 and perhaps have checked if they know the trade surroundings of their EST).
  • Information about Bonusses now appear in settings menu .
  • Better "analysis to log".

John Barker
x3tc

My heartfelt thanks.

Post by John Barker » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 11:10

I'm not normally a user of scripts especially unil I have mastered the game but because the UT in the "vanilla" game is so lousey I think your trading script should be incorporated into the next update for the game. I realise most players just want to "kill things" but I like the mental challange of the "Trading" game.
I also like the way your program integrates itself into the game so well.... it's not really like a Mod at all.
Well done & sincere thanks.

GregOP

Post by GregOP » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 16:11

I second that, great mod....

I'm not sure how many new users run into this issue, but when I first used the script it would ask me for a ware to select, then it would pop up the box after I've selected the ware with no further message, so I would select the ware again (deslecting it) then it would ask me to add another ware. I now understand that it was just bringing me back to show the 1 ware I selected, but as a new user that was not immediately apparent and I saw another guy mention the same thing as me in the thread. It becomes more apparent after you get to add more wares, but its very odd because no popup tells you "ware added" nor is there a heading on the list saying "Currently Added Wares" or something to that effect ( I think?? ).

QUESTION: I haven't had the chance to venture back and find out why I lost 3 FP level traders last night, but I'm assuming they died from pirates. I had set them to have a 50 gate limit and didn't give them MK3. The ship types were Mistral Super Freighters which have 2 weapons on it with 6 25MJ sheilds, 15000 frieght and 78ms. It's a pretty decent ship that would take a bit to kill except with an M6/M7 ( should have time to escape) . All my ships had jump drives and the settings were correct. My question is, do I have to go in and tell every one of them to not visit each unknown sector/xenon/pirate manually or should your EST script already take care of that and manage them smartly enough to jump out of sector when there is a threat?

I looked at some of my messages this morning and a few of my ships were saying hey i've been attacked, I made it out, so and so hit me, they are still chasing. Thats what I would expect. Any idea why 3 would fail in an overnight session of SETA? I'll explore further as to why they died, but they are set to have 400 Energy Cells and to jump with min gate to 0 so I would expect them all to run if they need to. Worth noting is I believe all of them had Fight MK1 and MK2 and also worth noting is that the 2 MK3 equipped ships of the same type/load out lived over night, 3 of the 4 non MK3 equipped ships died. Hmmmm??
Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz
Visiontek 4870x2 850/1000
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 1100
2 x 640GB Raid 0 WD Sliced HD's -120gb Fast Slice
DFI Blood Iron P35 Board
Hazro 26" IPS Panel LCD

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”