[Script] Sector Scanner v1.3 by Nividium 11/26/08 Updated

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 01:53

Rheinlander wrote:I have a properly-equipped Raijin acting as a prospector in Emperor Mines, but it just flies around the sector without actually scanning the asteroids.
I am not sure what to say. There are over 2,000 users of the Sector Scanner and I have not heard of any problems from them. Are you in the same sector as the scanner ship?

- Bug or Quirky behavior: If you are in the same sector as the scanner ship, the scanner ship will stall and stop scanning. Why? Wish I new. Solution is to leave the sector and the scanner ship will resume scanning.

If you are not in the same sector as the scanner ship and the ship is scanning or moving through the sector without updating the Asteroid yields, then I have no idea what is wrong. Are all the Asteroids above/below the triplex scanner's sphere or bubble beginning with y=0, if so then they will not be scanned by Sector Scanner.

EDIT: I did some digging. It turns out that the "Prospector" script that you have installed also has a scan asteroid function, but is located in a dif Command Slot, ie:

Prospector
Special Commands
Scan Asteroids

Sector Scanner
General Commands
Scan Sector

Now, is it possible you have used the Prospetor's Scan Asteroids instead of my Scan Sector command? I know my Scan Sector command works well, but do not know if the Prospector Script works well for scanning asteroids etc. Maybe you got mixed up and thought it was my script that doesn't work, when in fact it is the Prospector Script that doesn't work.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”