[SCR] Commodity Logistics Software [2009-11-22 - X3TC 3.2.04]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sky669
x3tc

Post by sky669 » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 15:44

CAG is something complete different (yes, another script, can be installed as a standalone), and it will come aswell ... soon ...

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 16:39

It should be noted that the current versions of:

CLS (not necessary as of this, release, hurray!)
EST
and CAG

will all work with the English version, but they are currently being translated, and exist in a sort of "unsupported" state while Lucike and crew gets them ready for the English version. Take this with a grain of salt, as I am not part of the crew or involved in the process, just trying to be helpful :)

I am using CAG and EST in my game now, and both work as expected... well sort of, it can be hard to know what to "expect" when the documentation is in German, although the original documents for the X3:R version would probably help here. I happen to love the new configuration menus instead of the old system of passing variables "1 0 2" and the like.

Can't wait until the "Official" English versions of EST and CAG! Keep up the good work guys, thanks so much!

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 19:56

I realise I can package it myself for my own personal use (which I am currently doing) but is there any intention to supply CLS (and ultimately CAG and EST) in spk fomat?

I have used it so far for the alphas of CLS, but I was not sure what to do vis a vis uninstalling via the uninstall .bat and so on.

sky669
x3tc

Post by sky669 » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 20:32

hi,

i can't tell you the future, but till now (even x3r) there was never any SPK-files from CLS, CAG, EST and so on.

but uninstalling isn't that nasty, as you think... just follow the steps from the readme and in some seconds you are done. (i personally never ever was even thinking of uninstalling this stuff ;- ) )

wolf

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 20:50

I, for one, do prefer the zip-compressed packages, because (a) I know where to put the files and how to manage them, (b) don't use huge number of scripts anyway, and (c) do not like to use additional program (no matter how wonderful) to extract from the spk format.

CAG is a separate script, although it does share some common libraries with the others. Even CLS1 and CLS2 can be considered separate, albeit tightly related.

Another script, related to CLS1 in function, is the DockWareManager. As documented, CLS1 knows to look for a set of variables, which can only be set by said script. The DWM does already exist, albeit without translated documentation so far. But I'm not sure how accessible are the station(s) in X3TC that require/benefit from the DWM functionality.

In theory, CLS2 can supply a fleet automatically. A different matter is, whether the fleet is willing to be supplied. And apparently the fleet has some stock resupply features too. But they probably lack finesse. :wink:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

jjhawk
x3

Post by jjhawk » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 06:44

Hi, im having a slight problem. I get a message saying comercial agent language file does not exist. cls 1 & 2 work fine btw, but it's the simplicity of commercial agent I like and cannot use it.

sky669
x3tc

Post by sky669 » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 08:37

hi,

try to copy the files fom the '../t/' - directory from the zip to your players '../t/' file again. maybe these files got anyhow into the wrong directory. (the '8001-L044.pck' is the language file, this have to be in '../t/ )

hope this helps, wolf

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 21:27

Ciao Sky669,

i opened a tread in the italian forum where i put in the lists of all script i translate in italian.
As this one was translated by me, i'll put in the link of your tread and also write the author of this script.

I hope you agree how i did it. If not, please tell me what i have to do to make it correct.
link to the italian section: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 40#2623140

it's still work in progres but the system will be like the one of Cycrow.

ciao

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 21:32

Has anyone get an experienced CLS1/CLS2 pilot at Heron Nebula Trading Station like we used to have in X3R? After 10 tries for both CLS1 and CLS2, all I've got are Apprentice.

FYI, CLS2 pilots are easy to train, but CLS1 pilots are a pain i.t.a to train, as it requires you to have the proper factories to work. I just want Aux Courier in order for them to deliver goods to the Hub, but it appears that this useful functionality has not been implemented in the current CLS scripts.

jjhawk
x3

Post by jjhawk » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 22:57

sky669 wrote:hi,

try to copy the files fom the '../t/' - directory from the zip to your players '../t/' file again. maybe these files got anyhow into the wrong directory. (the '8001-L044.pck' is the language file, this have to be in '../t/ )

hope this helps, wolf
Already tried that, it is a strange error and I even downloaded the file again and replaced them to no avail.

sky669
x3tc

Post by sky669 » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 23:40

@vincentTH ...

training of the pilots : there are several possibilities. you are also using EST or CAG (economy and supply trader/commercial agent) ? because all these pilots are the same. means, a freigth pilot in cls can work from one second to the other as a freigth pilot in EST/CAG and vice versa (even cls1 and cls2 !)

for training, you have the possibility doing it with external cls. 2 waypoints, let the pilot fly to the first waypoint, doing there nothing (just wait 1 mizura), flying back the the other, doing nothing. after 8 hours, you have a fully trained freight pilot.

(i personally train them with EST. e.g argon prime, jump range 1, energy cells... and i do this with little ships i captured (m5,m4), with no shields, weapons and so on.... then i swap pilots)

delivering the hub with aux couriers will be a little be hard... cause they can't use the jumpdrive. if they have to do this work 'by feet' - without jumpdrive - they can do this job. but it needs time (even more than less ;- ))

@jjhawk...
and I even downloaded the file again and replaced them to no avail
so, now i'm not really sure if this sentence tells me, it's working now or not ... ;- )

if not, check, if a file called '8001-L044.pck' is in the directory '[game_dir]/t/..' (e.g. 'X3 Terran Conflict/t/8001-L044.pck')
if it's there, and you downloaded it again - and still not working, well, then it's getting interesting... let me know

EDIT . aaahh, i got the solution....
I get a message saying comercial agent language file does not exist
maybe because it's not released yet? (not only maybe...)

wolf
Last edited by sky669 on Fri, 7. Nov 08, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

smbh

Post by smbh » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 00:02

Does anyone know where to get Libraries version 3.1.02 ?

sky669
x3tc

Post by sky669 » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 00:38

yep.
Download

-> Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and MK2 (Version 3.beta.03)
-> Necessary "Libraries" (you must install them !)

Don't bother, the name of the zip-file are german. Once installed, you have the english version.
The necessary libraries, the actuals, are always at the second download-link.
if you're doing an update, don't foreget them.

should help,
wolf

smbh

Post by smbh » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 00:42

It seems Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC.zip is version 3.1.01 and the EST complains about needing 3.1.02 .

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 02:57

(i personally train them with EST. e.g argon prime, jump range 1, energy cells... and i do this with little ships i captured (m5,m4), with no shields, weapons and so on.... then i swap pilots)
Thanks for that, I never even thought of that :)

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 07:18

smbh wrote:It seems Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC.zip is version 3.1.01 and the EST complains about needing 3.1.02 .
Do you open the "Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC.zip" directly with the IE? Please download the libs completly and then copy these in your X3 folder.

Greets
Lucike

ihuckdisc

Post by ihuckdisc » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 07:24

Is there a way to get a list of all of my pilots and their levels/ranks? Trying to keep track of them is a pain in the neck. I feel like there should be an easy way, but I am missing it :)

Any help would be great.

Cheers

smbh

Post by smbh » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 07:27

Lucike wrote:
smbh wrote:It seems Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC.zip is version 3.1.01 and the EST complains about needing 3.1.02 .
Do you open the "Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC.zip" directly with the IE? Please download the libs completly and then copy these in your X3 folder.

Greets
Lucike
I use Google Chrome, seems to be some kind of a caching problem with it, since I just downloaded it with Firefox and got the correct .pck's.

Thanks for wonderful scripts btw :)

sky669
x3tc

Post by sky669 » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 10:17

experienced CLS1/CLS2 pilot at Heron Nebula Trading Station
this feature will come in the next version. (you got us ...)
a list of all of my pilots and their levels/ranks?
once you got the hub/headquarter, in the extended station-command list you'll find a point like 'overview from all the traders'

but even with auto-namig it's a little bit easier keeping an overview. with every auto-naming-option you will find your pilot's rank in the vessels name.

wolf

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 10:21

sky669 wrote:but even with auto-namig it's a little bit easier keeping an overview. with every auto-naming-option you will find your pilot's rank in the vessels name.
In the TC (Training Course) bit. I've always preferred the naming option "3" in X3R.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”