[SCRIPT] LazCorp Claim Sector / Unknown Sector v1.02 - Updated 06.11.2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kockaspiton
x3tc

Post by Kockaspiton » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 10:32

If I remember correctly the old takeover script suppressed the spawning of enemies by transferring the ownership of the gates in the sector to the player.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 15:17

That is already one of the things my script does. The sector take over script has a global script that takes care of the respawning enemies as well. ;-)
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

shinobu
x3tc

Post by shinobu » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 16:59

Laz- great script. Definitely going to use it... sector ownership is a big thing for me.

On the respawning issue: does it also suppress the respawning of Pirate Bases? Just curious... I always like to operate from Hatikvah's Faith and in X3:TC there is a Pirate Base in that sector that I wish to be rid of... for good!
Again- thanks for the hard work.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 20:28

Lazerath wrote:I'll work on removing the respawning xenon from xenon sectors that have been claimed. ;-)

Instead of removing the spawns, how about just making them happen less? Having the respawns is a good thing.. makes one feel like they are trying to come in and take back the sector you took from them! And it requires you to place good defense else..... you lose!
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 20:43

Installed the script but it's greyed out on the menu for some reason. Any ideas? I am in the sector on the HQ I own but it's still greyed out.

Thanks

Paul
Life's too dull without X3
ASUS Striker Extreme Ver2.0 Nvidia 680i SLI, 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 QUAD Extreme, 4 Gig Corsair CM2X RAM, 2 x BFG Nvidia OC2 8800GTX's 768 Meg SLI Mode, 4 x 16Meg Cache Seagate Barracuda 300Gig RAID 0/1, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro, Dolby 7.1 CreativeS700, Thermotake Tai-Chi Air Cooled Case, 2.2 KW PSU, WinXP SP-3, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 22" CRT.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 00:09

pauld@isomicro.com wrote:Installed the script but it's greyed out on the menu for some reason. Any ideas? I am in the sector on the HQ I own but it's still greyed out.

Thanks

Paul

Is there a trading station, equipment dock, shipyard or military base in that sector that is owned by another race? If there is then you need to destroy it before you can claim the sector ;-).

I still haven't had a chance to look into the respawn issue with enemies in the sectors yet. Its on my list of things to do though :D
COMPUTER SPECS
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 07:56

Nirwin had created an excellent script for Reunion that did this, and a lot more. It was called Sector Takeover. He was also able to mess with the god engine that respawned the previous owner's stations. And there was a nice tax system involved too.

It was a great script. It would be nice to either rebuild that, as you are starting to do, or port it over to TC.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 08:30

russbo wrote:Nirwin had created an excellent script for Reunion that did this, and a lot more. It was called Sector Takeover. He was also able to mess with the god engine that respawned the previous owner's stations. And there was a nice tax system involved too.

It was a great script. It would be nice to either rebuild that, as you are starting to do, or port it over to TC.
This script was originally created to claim only unknown sectors, I'll leave porting the sector take over script to Nirwin ;-)
COMPUTER SPECS

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 10:16

Om nom nom I prefer only capturing Unknowns, unless it's a Split sector. I won't touché my Boron friends ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 10:33

I would really like to see you do more with this. Yeah I know the guy from X3R might port over his scripts for TC but who is to say how long that will take? You already are partly there so I see no reason not to do more. You can even add on things the sector takeover script doesn't do. Maybe more HQ features or something. I would really like for you to do some sort of tax thing.

dryzdale
x4

Post by dryzdale » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 03:40

yeah id like to see this script work on the respawning of enemies especially yaki and xenon, cos i cleared xenon sector 101 savage spur and all yaki sectors only for yaki and xenon to respawn after claiming the sectors which did not bode well for my colonies, so could you please try stopping it?

but on the other hand i think the script is great

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 18:03

Can I suggest something for the script? It'd be ncie if you could choose which races are enabled to build/trade in your sectors, plus a tax thing as Sector TakeOver for X3R but with more important quanities of money please! (It was waround 8k for station/hour and that was a bit ridiculous)

It's a shame you can't change the name of the sectors but the color mark thing in the sector map would be great (but green? THere's already green marks when you have a satelite or a ship in that sector... maybe another tone then...).

Also don't stop the enemy incursions, just make the sector-recuperation raids optional.

It is an awesome script though :) Congratulations and thanks!

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 18:22

Fraggggg a Xenon station re-spawned and I had not noticed, got rid of that again and it works fine.

Cheers

Paul
ASUS Striker Extreme Ver2.0 Nvidia 680i SLI, 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 QUAD Extreme, 4 Gig Corsair CM2X RAM, 2 x BFG Nvidia OC2 8800GTX's 768 Meg SLI Mode, 4 x 16Meg Cache Seagate Barracuda 300Gig RAID 0/1, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro, Dolby 7.1 CreativeS700, Thermotake Tai-Chi Air Cooled Case, 2.2 KW PSU, WinXP SP-3, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 22" CRT.

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Re: Questions

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 18:57

Lazerath wrote:
LarryBurstyn wrote:Does your script prevent other races from building factories in your Sector or charges them rent if they are allowed to build factories?
I haven't checked to see if it stops other races from building stations in your sector. In fact I don't even remember if I have ever seen a non-player race build a station in any unknown sector (ever).

If they do, I will add this to the script for you guys if its wanted.
LarryBurstyn wrote:Does it prevent respawns of pirates, Zaach, and others in the Unknown sector?
I never checked for this. If someone else wants to test it for me

The Xenon sector I took over respawns their base every so often if that helps!

Paul

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 20:19

nirwins script of this worked perfectly. why doesnt someone just get his permission and port it over? we've been through all of these issies years ago, and they were successfully dealt with. it would save you guys a lot of time and effort

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 08:17

i was thinking of doing something similar, adding in race wars and colors to different race owned sectors on the map, rather then tradeing station, ED, HQ and so on was gona go with OWP Small. med, large and one special one for major core systems like argon prime, also a taxing system for ships and stations going through sectors

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:05

how claim sector scripts should work imo:

1º To claim race sectors you have to kill all stations beloging to that race as it is done already but police patrols would be coming to the sector to claim it back so better have 1 or 2 M2 ready and fighters ready to "police the sector". Notoriety with that race to the minimun possible.

2º To claim unknown you should have a trading, equipment or hq ready for it (as it is done) plus, 50.000.000 credits ready to pay to intergalactic space company for owning rights of unknown sector. In exchange, stations from other races would be built in your newly acquired sector paying taxes to you. Number of NPC stations built over time would be limited by sector's gate distance. Only missions to build more stations or your own stations would be allowed passed that limit.

3º When claiming Xenon or Khaak Sectors it shouldnt not be without clearing 90% of enemy forces, dropping the station and holding the place and station for a few game hours before it will switch ownership, but also Khaak or Xenon should be sending patrols from near sectors to take the sector back so a good "police" should be in place too to keep the sector entrance safe. (lasertowers and capital ships and carriers ready).

Thats my idea of a perfect "claim sector" script.

You're on your way ;)

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 23:03

Does this by any chance tone down khaak and xenon respawns once the sector is claimed?

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 06:46

No, this script does not currently stop xenon or khakk from respawning in their sectors that you have taken over. I haven't had time as of late to add the new features to the script. Busy building a website at the moment and adding info to it. I will get back to this script and my others soon.. ;-)
COMPUTER SPECS

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 20:50

I like the potential for this mod - having an 'epic-RTS' style all-out war with your most hated race - now all the people tearing the Paranid fleet to ribbons can wipe them out as well!

With race military retaliation the mod would be complete.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”