[MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 02:02

heh.

Interesting... btw, i installed it before you added the mod part, just a script >.>

Now, the problem here is that my false patch works fine. I have the no-civ mod thingie installed as a fake patch, and it works fine. Unless the plugin manager is moving it into its patch... (totally possible, havent checked).

Anyway, I was saying.
My no-civs mod works fine.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 03:22

I was gonna say that, too - I have the no civis thingy as a false patch, too.
And it worked and removed them.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 04:34

Erm, just installed this, and i have the problem Legionnaire had earlier, they are manufactured extremely quickly, with about 60 a time, and sold at all equip docks for 64Cr each.
Rawr.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 06:13

Khaak_Slayer wrote: they are manufactured extremely quickly, with about 60 a time, and sold at all equip docks for 64Cr each.
Did you run the uninstall first, so it's removed from all the equipment docks? Everything works fine for me, so I don't know what to tell you guys.

[ external image ][ external image ]

As you can see, repair lasers are very expensive, and there's no repair laser at the Argon Equipment Dock in Argon Prime (nor at any other).

-Grax

EDIT: If you have repair lasers at Equipment Docks (not trading stations), I have no idea what the cause is. Download THIS file and follow the included instructions.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 19:54

its already been done here by the ever skilled Graxster

there are two options, one that adds the factory, makes them equipable, etc, and another that just adds repair lasers

Gruntwhistle
x3tc

Post by Gruntwhistle » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 20:14

Now that IS spiffy... :lol:
"Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

abretey
x4

Post by abretey » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 01:25

I have a small problem. The repair ship command, while working, is listed as Readtext 2010-530 [readtext 2011-530]. I assume this is due to a conflict with another script, but I can't figure out which one. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 01:53

abretey wrote:I have a small problem. The repair ship command, while working, is listed as Readtext 2010-530 [readtext 2011-530]. I assume this is due to a conflict with another script, but I can't figure out which one. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Is the file, 8000-L044.xml in the t directory?

-G

abretey
x4

Post by abretey » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 01:57

Yes it was. However, I decided to restart my game anyways, so I am doing a complete reinstall of X3TC and all addons. If this happens again, is it usually due to a missing file?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 03:23

Not an expert on readtext errors. Sounds to me like the game's trying to access a description and the t-file is missing. However, this can also happen with things like EMP (I'm pretty sure). When starting a new game, it's best to install only 1 script/mod at a time, and try to check to make sure everything is working OK, otherwise you won't know which one messed up the game. I run lots of scripts and mods and so far haven't had any readtext errors, so I'd have to guess that it's from something else you installed (Extended Mod Pack, some other script, something with custom wares, or some such). Also, if you're using the X-Plugin Manager I think there's a box to "enable custom wares" (if you're using any).

-G

Edit: You will get a readtext error from this mod if your installation is anything other than English install.

abretey
x4

Post by abretey » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 22:17

Well, I found out the cause of my error. On the mod library page it lists:

8000: Graxter, Mobile Ship Repairs (conflict) Lucike, Commercial Agent

I renamed the file to 8100 and edited the setup.Grax.repair.ship.xml file accordingly ingame. Seems to have fixed the error. Hopefully nothing else has been affected without my knowledge.

Btw, I only changed your files because the Commercial Agent ones seemed to be way more complex.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 23:15

abretey wrote:Well, I found out the cause of my error. On the mod library page it lists:

8000: Graxster, Mobile Ship Repairs (conflict) Lucike, Commercial Agent
As far as I can see, Lucike didn't even post a message in the mod library thread saying that he was using text file 8000. I can't go changing my text file number and scripts every time someone decides to use the same numbered text file.

Updated to v1.7. Added "Repair Ships in Sector..." command.

-Grax

abretey
x4

Post by abretey » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 23:22

Not sure if I came across this way, but I surely wasn't placing any blame on you. I was just pointing out the problem and what I did to fix it. Anyways, thanks for a great addon to this game. I know it takes a lot of time and work to make something like this. It's unfortunate that conflicts like this do arise. If I remember correctly, Lucike's addons are German first. This might explain the numbering conflict if he was not aware yours used the same number.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 23:40

Well, after looking at the complexity and number of Lucike's scripts, I decided to change this one to a real oddball number. Hopefully there won't be any further problems. If you already have the MOD installed, uninstall and be sure the 8000-L044.xml file is deleted in the \t folder, then reinstall the v1.7 (which I have just changed to use t file 3441.

-Grax

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 23:41

i installled the mod, but the factory started off with 5600 repair lasers!!

makes them a little less special!

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 23:49

corhen wrote:i installled the mod, but the factory started off with 5600 repair lasers!!
Then you haven't installed it correctly. The MOD file contains TLasers.pck file which modifies the size and cost of Repair Lasers. It's literally impossible for a factory to have that many lasers if the modified TLasers file is loading. Did you try to use it as a false patch, or forget to select the mod at the pre-load screen?

When it's working correctly, Repair Lasers cost about 500,000 cr and the factories can only hold 8 maximum.

-G

Edit: This is what it should look like when installed properly:

[ external image ]

amirite

Post by amirite » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 06:44

I know people aren't really following instructions and creating these bugs as a result - myself included, earlier. However I can't get everything to work correctly and I think it has something to do with the fact that I installed the very first version of the script, plus botching the new version later.

I went through the uninstall procedure you have, removed and disabled everything properly. However when I started the game back up I still had Repair Factories with 64 credit lasers. I figure this might happen in the interim, so I just continued to save, quit, re-install the addon, and re-launch. Everything seems correct now, except that Repair Laser Factories still have like 1600 stock.

Without much knowledge of how modding for X3 works, is there a way to fix/override this stuff next time you update? Or possibly another uninstall script that removes EVERYTHING having to do with the mod?

Anyway, not a giant issue, because at least they're in stock when I need them. I am loving this mod. The new Sector command is bitchin.
Last edited by amirite on Sat, 8. Nov 08, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
-TEVE

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 07:00

It's 1AM and I'm going to bed now, but tomorrow I'll write a complete uninstall that will even destroy the factories. Then you can save, quit, install the latest version and when you load the game everything will be correct (hopefully, lol).

-Grax

Edit: Added complete uninstall to download section.

Note for those running the MOD and still having thousands of cheap lasers:
You're not running the MOD then, lol. Download the complete uninstall and read the readme I've included.

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 04:13

Hmm, installed this w/ the plugin mgr...but I don't see anything show up in OL, factories or otherwise. Suggestions? Thanks.

amirite

Post by amirite » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 07:31

Thanks man, I really appreciate it and I'm sure this will fix it. Now it's 1am for ME, so I'll try it in the morning.
lt_wentoncha wrote:Hmm, installed this w/ the plugin mgr...but I don't see anything show up in OL, factories or otherwise. Suggestions? Thanks.
You also need to enable the Mobile Ship Repairs mod package in theX3TC launch window (not the manager).
-TEVE

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”