[MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 16:05

just installed this and now have 10000 repair lasers in each trading station, at 64Cr each i believe the price of them should be quite a bit higher than that :D

Legionnaire

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 17:15

Fantastic. Gonna grab this asap. Cheers for making the manual version.

There are all sorts of custom menu commands if you do want to make a version that satisfies everyone. I've found them invaluable.

About the price. How about using an EMP ware? Then when you run the command for the first time the script converts all these custom wares on the ship into repair lasers. Maybe a bit overkill, but worth mentioning.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 22:59

came across a problem:

using SpaceLootTransporter by Huefte with this script as an example to show the problem. bring up the select command from the special menu and just highlight one of the command. now take a look in your message log. it should be generating 10 messages a sec about your weapons. it seems your grax.repair.a.ship.lasercheck.xml is running constantly and it seems any command running from the special menu is accessing this xml.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 23:20

i also came across this so uninstalled, however i still have 10000 lasers in every trading station ;)

Legionnaire

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 23:33

draffutt wrote:came across a problem:

using SpaceLootTransporter by Huefte with this script as an example to show the problem. bring up the select command from the special menu and just highlight one of the command. now take a look in your message log. it should be generating 10 messages a sec about your weapons. it seems your grax.repair.a.ship.lasercheck.xml is running constantly and it seems any command running from the special menu is accessing this xml.
Dang, lol. Sorry about that. Had the logbook command in there during testing. Will fix momentarily.

-G

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:01

Any chance of doing something like this with the actual mobile repair ship?

The hull is in game etc and works fine.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:11

Dreamwind99 wrote:Any chance of doing something like this with the actual mobile repair ship?

The hull is in game etc and works fine.
I checked that tub out, lol. Have you looked at the stats or tried to fly it? It takes about 15 minutes just to make a 90 degree turn. I suppose it could be modded though. Interesting ship.

Speaking of modding, I've already got the Repair Lasers all modded up. Cost is quite high now, ware size is Medium, volume 6, required notoriety is fairly significant, and I have some pretty good production values for when I add factories. Have only slept about 4 hours in the last 2 days, so I must apologize for the problems with the scripts/packages. Pretty sure at this stage that the scripts are stable and fully functional.

Probably won't release any more script updates at this point. The next version will be a MOD package, looks like.

-Grax

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:14

Yes I have it can dock 'carry' 1 capital ship and 30 yes 30 M6's. :)

It moves just fine with a few extra tunings and rudder.

Pity it's XL cargo not ST that would just rock but it'd be nice as a mobile base repair ship.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:25

Dreamwind99 wrote:Yes I have it can dock 'carry' 1 capital ship and 30 yes 30 M6's. :)
Holy smokes! I'm gonna load up X3 right now and take a second look at that. Didn't notice it can dock so many ships, and a capital ship too, no less.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions/ideas about who I can sell repair lasers to? If I add Repair Laser Factories, I can still have Repair Lasers bought and sold at Trading Stations (like BoGas and whatnot are), but I really need a bigger market for them, don't you agree?

I suppose I could add them as a secondary resource at some factories, like a Laser Fac (where they use them for repairs and/or parts?). What would use them as a primary resource? You'd think Shipyards, since they do so many repairs, but AFAIK, the only thing you can sell to shipyards is ships, and those get destroyed (and it's only 1 item at a time anyway).

-Grax

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:41

Market for em not really.

Keep it simple, if the aim is to have mobile repair then do just that, if it's going to be player only, a player fab would be enough with them being bought at eq docks and mil bases perhaps.

Which is why I sugested that ship, it's what it was made for, isn't too cheaty and script wise you don't have to bother about beams etc, with the ofshoot of being able to dock anything so it also helps with supplying cap ships with e cells etc, as it can dock ts's and has a massive cargobay, and is mobile.

If you reallly wanted to be flash you could set it up so that ships emergency jump or retreat to it for supply/repair.

Though the ship should cost a bucket. :)

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:45

Good lord, you absolute legend! Thankyou so much for this! So very much!!
Rawr.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:03

How did you get that ship? Cheat it in, plot mission, or is if for sale somewhere?

I checked it out more thoroughly, and I thought since it's called a repair ship, that it would repair any damaged ship that docked at it. But I tried docking a damaged K and nothing happened. I haven't really gotten very far in the game, aren't there ships that repair damaged hulls when other ships are docked at them? Pretty sure I remember that from X3R.

That ship wouldn't work with this script/mod however, since it doesn't have any laser bays and wouldn't be very good at maneuvering or catching up to other ships anyway. It should be modded so that docked ships are repaired (on a timer) though.

-Grax

abretey
x4

Post by abretey » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:29

I can't seem to get the command to enable. At this time I have installed the latest manual version. The only thing I do not have is a jumpdrive installed. I see the command to repair ships, but it is greyed out.

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:38

I cheated it but also found one in game kinda...
Spoiler
Show
There's one in the unfocused jump area hidden although you can't target it etc.
XTM it was a mobile shipyard if I remember right like a few others like the minatuar drone frigate and teladi mine frigate they are in game work but not in stock game just need a talented person like ya self to make a script for em, or convert the XTM scripts to work in TC for em and add em to shipyards.

It has turrets but no weps assigned TShips quick edit should fix that.

Thing is script wise they'd be pretty easy to put back but add alot more to the game.

There's a lot you could do with this if your game, prolly get it signed too if you set it to be balanced.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 01:50

abretey wrote:I can't seem to get the command to enable. At this time I have installed the latest manual version. The only thing I do not have is a jumpdrive installed. I see the command to repair ships, but it is greyed out.
If you do not have a Repair Laser installed in one of your main (front) gun slots, the command will be unavailable. Hopefully that's the problem.

-Grax

Edit: I just uninstalled the whole thing from my game, including removing the repair lasers from the trading docks. Saved, quit, then installed the latest Manual version and started the game, and it's working for me. Triple check the following:

1. Your ship has Special Command Software MK1 (which I'm assuming it does, since you say the command is greyed out).

2. You have a Repair Laser in your front gun slot(s)

abretey
x4

Post by abretey » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 02:05

Ah, that seems to be the issue. Even though the Magnetar can equip the repair lasers, it has no main guns, only turrets.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 02:24

How about allowing repair lasers in turrets, too?
There are a couple TS around that could mount them and would be perfectly for a dedicated repair ship.
Also makes more sense that some freighter is doing the dirty repair works and not a shiny corvette... ;)

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 03:09

Yeah, if we could put these on Turrets, and maybe like a 'Repair Friendlies' Command to auto-repair damaged ships that fly within range. That would be godly.
-TEVE

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 05:14

Working on that now to see if it's feasible. Also, I think I messed up again, lol. May have overwritten the script that had the repair ship manually buying e-cells after repairs. Give me a few minutes to sort everything out. God, I need some sleep!

-Grax

I've taken the links down temporarily until I fix a couple of things.

Edit: Links are down until I get some sleep. I fixed the scripts now so that ships with turrets but no main guns can be used as repair ships. Re-added the code to have the repair ship pilot buy energy cells and fly to home base. (found that one in my recycle bin...geez) I think I'm going to have to stop supporting 2 different versions. It's too confusing.

amirite

Post by amirite » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 02:51

Awesommme, thanks. I don't think anyone will be opposed to manual cell pickups for their pilots - it's how literally every other cell-requiring mod works.
-TEVE

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”