[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 12:20

any idea's on time frame for this update :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Kragma
x3

Post by Kragma » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 14:05

do the NPC salvagers "reserve" ships in advance of claiming them?

I had an odd issue yesterday with a station defence mission that sent a load of pirates at me - managed (with cycrows npc bail script) to get 2 M6's and an M8 to bail but I couldn't claim any of the ships.

The pilots definitely bail as I see them floating around in their tin foil suits, but the ship doesn't seem to empty correctly, when i click on the target i have the option to 'Scan' (as if it is still piloted) but not to claim.

Then I see there are 2-3 NPC salvagers making their way to the ships, they roll up and then claim the ships and fly off with my bounty.

I then reloaded the autosave at the station to try again - this time I managed to get 1 M6 to bail, hit the salvage hotkey immediately but same problem. It seems that the NPC salvagers somehow lay claim to the ship even though they are still several k away and I am unable to take control of them (using both the Salvage hotkey script and the usual eject from ship and close to 35m method).

Any ideas?

Not sure if this is just localised to the one sector as I havent seen this problem before and have yet to try another mission since.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 14:32

New 1 for ya, although not sure you can fix this as seems to be related to the core game bug.
My salvager is running around chasing the BLUE Pirates in HOME of LIGHT.
I have got too that point where it seems the game will spawn pirates in sectors and they are BLUE (as in friendly).

This ofc means that the salvager is now totally useless as it will just spend it`s time trying to claim an active ship.

I tried cheat claiming the ship it was chasing and it just selected another ACTIVE Blue pirate in the sector.
As many of the sectors now have them, it will never claim actual abandoned ships.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 06:58

Kragma wrote:do the NPC salvagers "reserve" ships in advance of claiming them?

. . .

The pilots definitely bail as I see them floating around in their tin foil suits, but the ship doesn't seem to empty correctly, when i click on the target i have the option to 'Scan' (as if it is still piloted) but not to claim.

Then I see there are 2-3 NPC salvagers making their way to the ships, they roll up and then claim the ships and fly off with my bounty.
No, they don't reserve ships, they simply fly to the sector then begin 'Sector salvager' command - exactly the same as if you used that command. You should be able to claim the dodgy abandoned ships using Salvage Claim Software still. However, in the next version of NPC Bail Addon I have prevented such unclaimable ships from bailing, so it shouldn't be an issue in future.

dragonsblade71uk wrote:New 1 for ya, although not sure you can fix this as seems to be related to the core game bug.
My salvager is running around chasing the BLUE Pirates in HOME of LIGHT.
I have got too that point where it seems the game will spawn pirates in sectors and they are BLUE (as in friendly).
Yeah, this is already fixed for the next version, just not added all the features I wanted yet so been holding off on the upload. I'll probably upload a fix update for the weekend and add the new features in a separate update.

. . .

So yeah a new update due hopefully this evening if not tomorrow.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 07:45

w8, so ships you wont beable to claim wont bail??
wont that massivly change the Bail rate??

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 09:28

corhen wrote:w8, so ships you wont beable to claim wont bail??
wont that massivly change the Bail rate??
It will only affect certain mission ships and plot ships. So yes, in a way it will affect the bail rate, but only for mission critical ships, and only for some missions. E.g. I've never had a problem with patrol missions, but I (finally!) found a station defence mission where the ships are configured somewhat oddly and you can't claim them the normal way, so I disabled bailing for such weird ships since it can cause some unexpected behaviour and was obviously not wanted by the mission designers.

I may add an option to keep allowing such ships to bail, but with a disclaimer that it may cause unintended results...

Kragma
x3

Post by Kragma » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 09:43

thx for all your work Harsh - same goes to all the scripters out there who help improve on an already awesome game!

FYI I restarted the same mission last night to test some things out, and it seems that something has slightly changed in how the salvage command works (think i re-initiated the script or uninstalled / reinstalled to test) and what happens now is I can claim the ships only if I fly into close range where pressing 'info' will bring up details of the ships loadout / cargo etc (think its less than 2k or 1.5k, something like that) - then it seems to be cappable.

Outside this range (between 2-5k) when i try to claim I get a voiceover telling me 'command rejected' or somesuch.

Any ideas? It's not a big deal really as being able to cap a ship from 5k out was a bit of a luxury!

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:05

this is a vote to allow it to be disabled!
about 90% of all the ships that bail in my game are uncapturable! so i would have to crank the bail settings to 100% before i got a decent bail rate.

I will wait until you enable that feature (an on/off switch) before DLing the new version

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:14

Kragma wrote:thx for all your work Harsh - same goes to all the scripters out there who help improve on an already awesome game!

FYI I restarted the same mission last night to test some things out, and it seems that something has slightly changed in how the salvage command works (think i re-initiated the script or uninstalled / reinstalled to test) and what happens now is I can claim the ships only if I fly into close range where pressing 'info' will bring up details of the ships loadout / cargo etc (think its less than 2k or 1.5k, something like that) - then it seems to be cappable.

Outside this range (between 2-5k) when i try to claim I get a voiceover telling me 'command rejected' or somesuch.

Any ideas? It's not a big deal really as being able to cap a ship from 5k out was a bit of a luxury!
You mean the Piracy menu "Claim ship" command? If that is what you are talking about then it has to do with Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software - used by this plugin, but a completely seperate plugin in it's own right. Could be that Cycrow has decided to modify the range. Check the Salvage Claim Software thread (link in OP or in sticky).

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 02:39

you really need to host your files somewhere else, the people that run this ugly site do not know how to configure a web server and it's really annoying to have to try 3000000 times to download the file...

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 07:11

Been running your script for a week or so in different games... I seem to have an issue where all my salvage ships just go to a base and dock and sit there doing nothing..... even when my satellite network is reporting there are salvageable ships in sector so and so....

Any ideas on this?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 07:48

Malakie wrote:Been running your script for a week or so in different games... I seem to have an issue where all my salvage ships just go to a base and dock and sit there doing nothing..... even when my satellite network is reporting there are salvageable ships in sector so and so....

Any ideas on this?
This is a bit strange, but I have reworked the detection of salvagable ships for the next update... coming very soon... so hopefully this won't be a problem.

@Grimm Spector: I have graciously been offered a better host, so your download troubles will soon be over...

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 10:04

Update v1.3

:arrow: If salvager is a carrier, ships will attempt to dock there. If the carrier runs out of docking space, then the ship will be sent to the nearest shipyard as normal.

:arrow: "Strip all ships docked here" command. Will attempt to transfer all wares from all ships docked at this ship. Useful when using a carrier as the salvager.

:arrow: Salvagers will no longer chase after some active ships.

:arrow: "Destroy all NPC salvagers" Community Configuration Menu option. Use this if you are still seeing NPC salvagers chase after active ships. Any salvagers currently active in your game will still be running the old version of the script, so it may be necessary to destroy them if they are stuck in a loop.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 13:28

Hi, great job on the script!

Now in the latest version my ships are no longer jumping?
They go flying to each sector.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:14

dragonsblade71uk wrote:Hi, great job on the script!

Now in the latest version my ships are no longer jumping?
They go flying to each sector.
Strange... Are you using a TL or M1/2 or something as the salvager? Have you made sure to enable the ship's 'Autojump' settings in the command console?

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:24

Yes they have autojump enabled, with plenty of cells, hell they even go buy the ecells.
They just won`t jump lol
I`m using TM`s, the argon magnetar.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:32

Sorry, ignore that solved it. Found that the claim software was showing as readtext file.
Deinstalled/reinstalled showed as named software, so now they are woring.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:38

EDIT: OK then sorted.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 20:42

Anyway of getting TECSG's SCS MK1 http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882 intergraded into this? Cycrow's SCS hates me. Ive always had problems with his even since the x3R days :/

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 20:54

asser69 wrote:Anyway of getting TECSG's SCS MK1 http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882 intergraded into this? Cycrow's SCS hates me. Ive always had problems with his even since the x3R days :/
When I first saw that script I wondered if I would end up having to support it here... I'll try to sort out a version that supports it, hopefully soon.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”