X3 ModManager 0.0.8 - updated 3/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 08:23

cannot install x3modmanager successfully:

unable to install x3modmanager correctly--- "error downloading msvcr and zlib1 Runtime from x2e_runtime: resolving hostname

you may try to download the file manually"

x3modmanager won't start up: "file not found: x3mmext.dll" but i see the x3mmext.dll fle in the mxmodmanager folder, in between x2fd.dll and the x3modmanager html help file

ps- i did install "C runtime and zlib1 library installation"

how do i choose the game version (x3:tc i'm guessing) in the settings dialgoue? or maybe i can't bc x3mm won't start.

any advice?
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 09:52

pepperg wrote:cannot install x3modmanager successfully:

unable to install x3modmanager correctly--- "error downloading msvcr and zlib1 Runtime from x2e_runtime: resolving hostname

x3modmanager won't start up: "file not found: x3mmext.dll" but i see the x3mmext.dll fle in the mxmodmanager folder, in between x2fd.dll and the x3modmanager html help file

ps- i did install "C runtime and zlib1 library installation"

how do i choose the game version (x3:tc i'm guessing) in the settings dialgoue? or maybe i can't bc x3mm won't start.

any advice?
You should install the C runtime either to the same directory where you've installed X3MM or to the SYSTEM directory.

Anyway, if you have X3 Editor 2 and you update to latest version via Internet, you don't need the ModManager anymore as there is the Cat Manager plugin which can do the same the ModManager can.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 04:18

i cant find the link for C runtime and zlib1 library installation

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 08:00

DrwHem wrote:i cant find the link for C runtime and zlib1 library installation
They are on top of the very same page as the ModManager: http://x3mm.doubleshadow.wz.cz/download

FSL

Post by FSL » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 14:39

Is it running on windows 7 ? VB6 seems to be a problem. For me is not working....

King of the World
x3tc

Post by King of the World » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 11:30

[quote="FSL"]Is it running on windows 7 ? VB6 seems to be a problem. For me is not working....[/quote]

You can try the compatibility mode under Win/ to install it. I had no problems with Win7 Professional 64bit.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Fri, 22. Jan 10, 14:23

FSL wrote:Is it running on windows 7 ? VB6 seems to be a problem. For me is not working....
Why do you want to use it anyway? Install X3 Editor 2 instead.

daemon1129
x3

X3 Mod Manager problem

Post by daemon1129 » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 14:37

So I just installed Mod Manager, and when I try to open it, it said x3mmext.dll is missing? Yet clearly I have x3mmext.dll in the mod manager's directory? Anyone encounter this problem b4 and know a fix or something? I already tried reinstalling, no luck.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 14:52

This is from the readme in the program folder:
1. SYSTEM REQUIEREMENTS:
=======================
X3 ModManager requires Visual Basic 6 runtime libraries, Visual C Runtime
Library (msvcr71.dll) and zlib (zlib1.dll) library.

These files will be downloaded and installed automatically if they are not
present on your system, or they can be downloaded from
http://www.doubleshadow.wz.cz
However I've always had to download those files separately because the mod manager never managed to download them for me.
See if manually downloading them and installing fixes it as I remember I used to get an error also until I dl'd and installed them myself.

HTH

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

daemon1129
x3

Post by daemon1129 » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 14:59

I just tried to manual download them,but still isn't work.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 30. Jan 10, 16:08

Try the x3 editor 2. Link is above your first post about the error. Doubleshadow is the program writer and he says it does same job as Modmanager

hth

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Sk_2013
x3tc

Modmanager

Post by Sk_2013 » Sat, 29. May 10, 22:13

I've been having a problem with modmanager. I think...

I've been attempting to edit existing ships, (using gmax) and when I tell Modmanager to extract, it converts the _scene.pbd files to bod files, but not the actual hull, which is a .bob file. It won't do anything to the bob files.

What am I doing wrong here?
Peace through superior firepower.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 30. May 10, 04:39

If I am not mistaken the is a bob to bod converter in the X3 Editor by doubleshadow. run it on the bob file and end up with a bod that you can load into GMAX.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 30. May 10, 05:53

question now is how to load it into Gmax... import it? my Gmax doesn't seem to be able to import .bod files :(

Dragonfox
x3tc

Post by Dragonfox » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:15

As copy from doubleshadow web site

X2 BOD Compiler (X2BC) is program for compiling and decompiling of BOB and BOD files used by X2 The Threat and X3 Reunion / X3 Terran Conflict games.

Features:

•Decompile any BOB file containing either CUT1 or BOB1 data
•Compile any BOD file containing Scenes, Combined Scenes or Bodies
Decompiling
means conversion of binary data stored in BOB files to plain text format (BOD). These files can be later be imported into 3ds Max via DBOX 2.
Compiling
means conversion of plain text data in BOD file to binary BOB format

Here the link http://x-tools.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:16

@ Requiemfang

Are you using doubleshadow's DBOX2 script for GMAX?

It is the utility you need to import bod files into GMAX.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:20

Thanks TEKing I was looking for that file... was looking for an importer utility for Gmax

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:22

While your at his site grad YAGG as well, you'll need it to export your models from gmax.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 00:56

hi,

i know this program is no longer used/being updated, and i ve tried to use the x3 editor 2 proggy but i cant make it work.. cant make heads or tales from it.. always used the first editor, wich worked perfecly for me, in combination with the modmanager.. but now i cant make this work anymore cos of the

Code: Select all

error message.. i did manually install both the requirements but still it dont work.. it still says the .dll file is missing.. :(

the editor 2 cant load my TFiles, if i want to open TShips it says

"error loading file 'types/TShields':

Error loading object 7:

Error loading shield 7:

line10, col30: strength - expected integer value, got '35698452541000000'.

and a few other errors with the other TFiles, resulting in the TShips file not being loaded at all.. :s

also, with the old modmanager you could easaly drag and drop a folder into the modmanager window and the folder and all of its contents where perfecly added.. this dont seem to work with the editor 2.. do i have to add file by file now..? kinda hard when you try to merge different mods (with couple of houndred files..)

how do i fix these things..? am i doing something wrong..? or is there a way to make the other proggy work again, it worked fine on my old vista pc.. :( hope you ppl can help this novice modder.. :)

the old x3 editor still works fine.. thank god..

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 09:00

@Anubitus:

Did you install the "C runtime and zlib1 library installation" to the same folder where X3MM is installed? If you have installed it into system32 instead, try to put it in the X3MM directory.

As for X3E2 - since it works for everyone else, you are probably using some mod. Who will make shield strength equal to 35 quadrillions?? Stick to the stock game files and it must work.

About the CatManager plugin in X3E2 - I think it's described well in the help file:
click plugins -> CatManager
click File -> New Catalog (or open catalog)
now you can drag & drop whatever you want to the catalog

you can also open an catalog by dragging and dropping it on the X3E2 - but not to any plugin window - safest is to drop it on the icon toolbar.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”