Older (X3-R) modded ships into X3-TC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PhantomDG1
x3tc

Older (X3-R) modded ships into X3-TC

Post by PhantomDG1 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 15:57

Guess the title said it all but...

Will some of the older (X3-R) ships created by various modders still work when imported into X3-TC ?

I'm using the latest version of Cycrows installer but just wanted to check before trying anything ?

Thanks
Phantom

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 17:43

ships from X3R will NOT work under any circumstances in TC.....yet
many variables in the XSP file are different in TC than they are in X3R

for example the different weapons, sheilds and wares as well as race reps, etc etc

i am sure that when cycrow releases his X3TC ship editor (cant wait BTW) he may include the option of modifying the 3XR XSP's to make them compatible with terran conflict. if not then it would only be a matter of extracting the mesh and textures, then importing them into the new ship editor and filling in the information that you need
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 17:51

Hi,

It would be great to see some old 'Mk1' M6s flying around & available to buy cheap like in XTM. They'd have to mount 200mj shields rather than the old 125s I imagine but still...a cheap M6.

Personally I always liked the old X2 Titan model, would love to see a version of that back in the game. It'd be under-shielded & outgunned by modern M2s and would effectively be Frigate level now. No reason to have it other than it'd be cool :)

Cheers,

Scoob.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:03

yea that'd be a good idea, but not for buying!
example, really unknown unknown sector, like well hidden behind an asteroid in ANOTHER unknown sector, and in the middle of unknown unknown sector (try to keep up) there is a small fleet of abandoned X2 style ships, like an exploration mission gone wrong. so you can just fly in, claim the old relic and bring them back to todays technological standards
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”