deleted

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tatakau
x3tc

deleted

Post by tatakau » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 08:05

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:42, edited 2 times in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 11:23

in the Plugin Manager, if you add uninstall scripts, then these will be enabled into the game once you uninstall the package.

so in the plugin manager, you uninstall the package and then run the game. Usually they have setup scripts that can run automatically when you load your game which can then remove anything that might be added by the script

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 18:50

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:08

to add to what cycrow said most uninstall scripts are written by the author, if used with an AL plugin once it's turned off the plugin can be set to only run the uninstall script

take a look at my
Medusa scripts for example, feel free to use them as a template

as far as naming conventions, if your script is called plugin.tatakau.blowup.all.asteriods your uninstall would simply be plugin.tatakau.blowup.all.asteroids.uninstall

that's ingame not cycrows plugin manager as he's explained that
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:25

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:33

tatakau wrote:
Is there a way to automate the process? Like, to make it a smooth easy process to uninstall?

~ Tatakau
yes an AL plugin, they take me about 5 mins to copy and convert to run with another script, otherwise you'll need a hotkey button to uninstall or the scripts monitoring for a certain condition which will trigger it

I've though of doing simple uninstall hotkeys for my scripts but i'm conscious that users don't want huge lists of hotkeys to choose as they use more and more scripts
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:41

there are several ways you can do it really.

for simple hotkeys, i would just create a remove script that can be run manually to remove them.

if you want to use thep lugin manager, then you can also add a setup script that will run your remove script automatically.

to do this, simply add the remove script and the setup script as uninstall scripts in the plugin manager so they are not installed at the same time as the rest of the script, otherwise they will uninstall every time you load

if you dont use the uninstall on the plugin manager, then you can simply have users run the script manually before they remove them.

AL plugin is another option, allowing you to turn the script off which will run the uninstall, that will would require telling the users what to do

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:42

also, im working on a hotkey manager for hotkeys, so that should help as it can auto remove hotkeys when scripts are removed anyways

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”