[EMP]Extended Mod Pack (2.7 compatible) [Not needed for latest Plugin Manager]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Fall Guy
x3tc

Post by Fall Guy » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 15:34

After updating to EMP 1.3. Cycrows SCS isn`t working it now shows as ZA_Customware _2 (I think) and doesn`t work but if I use the cheat menu it still shows as a separate entry in the list of wares. If I cheat it in, then it works. The entry in the EQ docks show the same as my freight menu with a price around 932,000 Cr instead of 4.5 million Cr. This is the only EMP customware that I use so not sure if it affects others or not.

Golf33
x3tc

Post by Golf33 » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 12:13

DIGSIN, the zip file doesn't contain any cat/dat files for the X3TC root folder - only cat/dat files are \Mods\emp.cat and \Mods\emp.dat

Should these files be renamed to 06.cat / 06.dat and placed in the X3TC root folder?

Or does the 1.3 EMP mod still need to be run using the "select mod package" option in the X3TC launcher?

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 00:36

Fall Guy, i am looking into your problem, could you tell me if you made a spk version or used the rar version.

Golf33, if you downloaded the mod from AD forums it should already be set as 06 cat/dat, if you downloaded it from the mirror it may have been renamed to EMP, you can rename it to 06 if you wish and place them in the root as it will now run as a fake patch.

Fall Guy
x3tc

Post by Fall Guy » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 23:03

I used the unpacked zip version

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 17:14

Hi there.

I opened a topic in the german Script-Board für this mod so translated mods can be used in the german version.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=227846

I already translated the MEDUSA Skript so there was a need for the german t-file in the mod. ;)

If a german scripter needs a ware slot he or i will write it here.

Greetings

crazydeath

Post by crazydeath » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 18:20

k, i wanna use emp to avoid the hassle of creating another mod with twares ...

getting them into a script and such i understand (coded several things for myself since x2), but what i dont get is, how do i setup a price, volume and ware class???
i opened the cat with the x3 editor and all ware classes are tiny container and the volume is for all wares set to 0. but if i look at ur upgrade kit package, i dont see anything regarding that issues (setting price or whatever).

are those values implicitely calculated/set???

i need e.g. a ware XL with 500 volume and a price of 5 million credits.
any help would appreciated.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 23:14

updated.

The more i tried to fix the issue of wares reverting back to ZA_~ the worse it got until i realised that it's best to load once only so scripts using emp overwrite the ZA commands

The ZA_ index now only loads once and i've not had any issues with wares reverting back in name, please try

download links in OP
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 01:20

Is it ok to shove this update in over the other emp pack? Because I forget which .cat and dat file is my EMP, and I dont really want to whipe all my mods and reinstall :)

(As in delete the .cat/dat made by the plugin manager and put this in place?)

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 13:57

Hi guys,
I wanted to start a little scripting (no experience yet) and the first thing I wanted to do was to modify the medusa script. I wanted to add a check in the plugin.medusa.single and plugin.medusa.missile.array so that the holofire script is only called when the holo interface is actually installed. (I am a little bit annoyed of the warning message always coming up when I fire a medusa)
The first thing I wanted to do is create a variable that holds the Holo Interface ware so I could check if that ware is present on the ship. When I chose "Select Ware" for the value of the variable I did not find any Holo Interface or ZZ_WARE_... in the List. There were 17 ***UNDEFINED*** wares and some SS_WARE_NEW... but nothing about any EMP wares. Could you please tell me how to find the EMP wares and how to find out which one of them is the Holo Interface?

edit LV

I missed this but it should be posted in the medusa thread

i'm aware of this and the next update will fix it

Magnu
xr

Reunion script accidentally added to TC.

Post by Magnu » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 20:34

My son started a new game of Reunion and attempted to load some scripts. However, he made the mistake of installing them to my game of TC. He only got as far as installing the EMP before realising what he'd done but it's caused several of the dreaded 'Readtext' errors to appear in some station product lists.

Is there a way to undo what he's done? I've only just finished the the 'plots' and was looking forward to continuing after the 2.0 patch, I can't with these errors. It makes any game immersion impossible.

Thanks for any ideas.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 22:03

the TR emp only has a cat/dat files and no scripts with it so has he really installed some scripts, are you sure? really, are you?

what cat/dat number has he put it as? if there are scripts involved then it is not TR emp irrc so what are the script names?

try removing the cat/dat which the TR emp is/has been renamed to and reloading

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 19:58

Tim-O wrote:Hi guys,
I wanted to start a little scripting (no experience yet) and the first thing I wanted to do was to modify the medusa script. I wanted to add a check in the plugin.medusa.single and plugin.medusa.missile.array so that the holofire script is only called when the holo interface is actually installed. (I am a little bit annoyed of the warning message always coming up when I fire a medusa)
The first thing I wanted to do is create a variable that holds the Holo Interface ware so I could check if that ware is present on the ship. When I chose "Select Ware" for the value of the variable I did not find any Holo Interface or ZZ_WARE_... in the List. There were 17 ***UNDEFINED*** wares and some SS_WARE_NEW... but nothing about any EMP wares. Could you please tell me how to find the EMP wares and how to find out which one of them is the Holo Interface?

edit LV

I missed this but it should be posted in the medusa thread

i'm aware of this and the next update will fix it
I thought it concerned EMP in general.

However, I realized that I forgot to activate the EMP again after a reinstall of the game. Now the Names show up correctly.

Magnu
xr

Post by Magnu » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 17:13

Thanks for the reply, LV.

My son has fixed the problem but I don't know how, as I haven't spoken to him. He has read this post so I presume he did as you suggested.

Thanks again.

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 17:02

I'm currently using an EMP ware for my script 'jumppoint' can you add my ware please.

28;0;0;0;0;439;13633;0;2009150;1;1;0;2009150;0;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM19_18; = JumpPoint Flatpack

added LV

note how the entry is actually made ;)

Code: Select all

13633 JumpPoint Flatpack by binaryboy

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 05:02

Please reserve the following entries for the Peladors Drones Development:

Code: Select all

10553 Geology Drone
10723 Spy Drone
11123 Escape Drone
11323 Jamming Drone
11333 Jump Drone
11363 Hacking Drone
11373 Advert Drone
11923 Build Drone
11943 Mine Layer Drone (Other)
11953 Mine Layer Drone (Ion)
11963 Sniper Drone
11983 Constructor Drone
12163 Turret Drone
12173 EMP Drone
12213 Advanced Data Device
12353 Blitz Drone
12413 Analysis Drone
(In discussion with LV for alternative solution but these will be used if none found)
Last edited by pelador on Tue, 24. Mar 09, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”