[REQ] Message that tells you that one of your ships have been blown up

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lastebil
x3tc

[REQ] Message that tells you that one of your ships have been blown up

Post by lastebil » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 14:28

An onscreen message woulda been smashing. The lack of such a message is the single most annoying thing in x3 tc for me, and frankly, I don't quite understand why it would be very difficult to implement such a message.

Say when I loose a 150 mill ship in a sector because it crashes into a factory or something, I REALLY want to know this, rather than when I check it out later after many saves. If such a thing happens, I want to load the game.

Frankly I think this is something for the next patch, but since I wouldn't put my bets on it since it's not yet been implemented after allmost half a dozen x games, I'll rather put my bets on one of you wonderful modders.

Suggestion: Is it maybe possible to use the same text as you get when a mission is complete or a mission fails for the warning message?

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 14:50

There is a subtitles function in the SE now, maybe that can be utilised?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:35

this should be very easy, simply attack a global secondary signal to SIGNAL_KILLED for all player ships.

then that signal scripts can just display a message about your ship

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 19:02

Cycrow wrote:this should be very easy, simply attack a global secondary signal to SIGNAL_KILLED for all player ships.

then that signal scripts can just display a message about your ship
I asked for this awhile ago but no one who can script seems to be into it :( it'd realy help considering my message log is somehow corrupt and shows nothing but lines sayind "Message from: Unknown" and I never get to figure out I lost a ship until I notice it missing from my rather long list of ships...

I wish there was a way to sort and/or filter what displays in your property list, short of the stations/ships filter buttons which aren't overly helpful 99% of the time ...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”