[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software : V1.21 : 20-01-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:47

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:53

it sounds like a problem with the custom wares feature of the plugin manager. Althou it seemed to work fine for me.

u could check for the highest number cat/dat files. Mostl ikly will be 05. This should be the plugin manager file with the TWares inside.

if you could send this to me i could analyse it and see whats gone wrong

EDIT: i should mention, when was the last time you download the plugin manager, there was an update, BETA 3, that fixed the custom wares, so if u havn't updated it since then, that might be the problem. I would suggest redownloading and reinstall the plugin manager, to make sure u do have the latest version

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 19:37

WORKS!

Steps taken
1. Made sure plugin manager was updated (used the setup file with MD5 = 6DD5A07E449CB8AC0028102A95099E99)
2. Replaced scripts with pluginmanager scripts on 1st page
3. Uninstalled, reinstalled the script
4. Verified mod file has TWares (since I have a fake patch before, my mod file is 06.cat)
5. Checked wares list in game and it comes up.

I probably screwed up before somewhere between step 2 and 3.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 19:41

if u had Beta 2 or earlier for the plugin manager. Then when it when to create the wares files, it wouldn't have been able to open the old TWares files, so it ends up trying to add the wares onto a file it hasn't properly extracted.

basically this ends up removing all tech wares from the game as the game cant read the file correctly.

it *should* work if your using the latest version

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 20:15

I can confirm it does indeed work following jimhsu77479. Good news! Now I can start on my salvager scripts - really didn't want to have to use SOS illegal version.

Bloody expensive, though! I remember it was expensive in X3R, but that was an EMP restriction if I remember correctly. Double the price of SOS makes more sense, or perhaps the same/slightly higher price than SOS + Software Signature Scrambler/Cargo Bay Shielding combined. Not that big a deal, though.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 20:16

changing the price is not really a problem, so i can tweak those sometime

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 01:57

Ok, more weird stuff.

I installed the EMP and LV's jumpdrive kit script.

The software does appear; however it appears to be nonfunctional. Teladi EQ's now stock an item called ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM1_2 for 983024 credits. With this item, salvaging works as expected. There is another item ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM2_2 for 476 credits that is not stocked. The Jumpdrive kits do appear to work as expected.

PS Reinstalling, another custom ware popped up. CUSTOM3_4

Is there a conflict somewhere?

Attached mod files

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 02:06

its possible EMP is using the same ids, i will have to check

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 03:38

Minor issue. I've been building on this script for an auto salvage script. There is a problem with OOS salvaging. The speed isn't reported as 0 for OOS ships, so ordering a ship to salvage OOS doesn't work. Not sure if you wanted it only to work IS anyway (given the audio announcements, that seems like what you were going for), but thought I should mention it.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 09:09

Still not working for me. Before re installing Manager I have 05.dat but doesn't work. Since re install cannot have any 05.dat/cab eventhrough custom ware was enabled. I have tried with and without replacing files from post one but always still not working and no any 05.dat...

Oh sorry it worked. But i have to CLOSE X plugin manager to create 05.cat/dat. Is that normal?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 11:24

XFree wrote: Oh sorry it worked. But i have to CLOSE X plugin manager to create 05.cat/dat. Is that normal?
yes thats normal, the files are created on exit of the plugin manager

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 17:05

All right! Thanks for all, dear Cycrow. Great work.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:35

when ever i try to install this, i get to 96.3%, then i ge XPMInstaller.exe has stopped working.

i have installed other addons fine.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:59

Cycrow wrote:
Teladidrone wrote:TY,TY,TY!

Oh, one question - did u fix it so that any of my remote ships can use it to claim an abandoned ship OOS?
If I remember right, that did not work with the X3:R version of your script...
yeah that should be fixed now
OOS claiming is still not working.
I can invoke the command on my remote ship, select the abandoned ship but Betty then tells me "command rejected".
It does work perfectly IS tough for both my own ship or a remote controlled ship if I am IS, too.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:50

corhen wrote:when ever i try to install this, i get to 96.3%, then i ge XPMInstaller.exe has stopped working.
I had exactly that problem one of the several times I tried to install it. Don't know what the exact problem was, but following the instructions a few posts above by jimhsu77479 sorted it out.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 05:39

i just uninstalled and reinstalled the mod manager, no luck

can i get just the scripts, if that's possible?

i can get those to work

Enuo
x3

Post by Enuo » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 09:27

I installed plugin manager 2.20 beta 3, and installed the salvage software script. and it worked fine. But after a few hours of gameplay, suddenly all the teladi equipment docks, have 2, salvage claim software for sale. Any way to fix that cycrow? i tried uninstalling the script but both salvage software were still there unfortunately. any way to fix that?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 17:55

Enuo wrote:I installed plugin manager 2.20 beta 3, and installed the salvage software script. and it worked fine. But after a few hours of gameplay, suddenly all the teladi equipment docks, have 2, salvage claim software for sale. Any way to fix that cycrow? i tried uninstalling the script but both salvage software were still there unfortunately. any way to fix that?
sounds like 2 wares have been added to your game.

this can happen if the game gets confused about its custom wares.

did you adjust the mod files at all, like rename the existing 05.cat or anything ?

if so, the way to fix it, would be to delete the one the plugin manager made, it should be the highest one, then running the plugin manager and let it recreate it. This should put the files back properly.

because if you adjsut the files, the plugin manager will have lost track of them and tryed to recreate the files. The problem would be, that when it recreated them, it would use its old files as a base and add the wares on top of that. so you end up with doubled wares. Once the files have been put back, the script should be able to remove the problem ware from the game

Corhen, theres no way to just send the scripts, it will not work without the plugin manager

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:07

It never finished installing, but after repeated runs it is now intake and works

Enuo
x3

Post by Enuo » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:33

all i did was use the standard pck file installed with the mod manager, somehow it spawned 2 sets of salvage insurance on its own. i installed 4 mods total at once, explorer extension, improved boarding, community plugin configuration, and salvage claim software.

When i first installed it it was just one item for sale, but after playing a while it became two. I didnt adjust any files or anything just straight pck installation.

How /exactly/ can i remove the 2 sets of salvage software from within game, so i can reinstall and try again? If you dont mind i just need a lot more specific instructions how to remove them, so i can install again

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”