Please mr Cycrow sir - I want you to PIMP MY RIDE!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jahulath
x2

Please mr Cycrow sir - I want you to PIMP MY RIDE!

Post by jahulath » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 14:14

This is a no holds barred on my knees begging kind of snivveling plead for the BBS Overtune missions you wrote for X3R - Is this a possibility?

The ship balance in X3TC is fantastic, they are all very much equal and that is a good thing BUT if in real life I had say a £billion I would suspect that I could get a car improved should I wish it (bore out the cylinders and stiffen the suspension etc) - The same goes for the X universe and there are no shortage of mechanics out there who would have a "buyer beware" policy after all everything is sold without warranty eh :roll: ? I don't want to cheat! I just feel that when money is no issue mechanics will do anything you ask. If I remember rightly your original script put in a chance that the overtune would break bits of the ship or not work at all, as well as being silly expensive (the equivalent price of the ship for +20m/s? No competition!)

All told it would help my gaming experience and give me a real choice of ship (rather than the only unbalanced M3 in the game - limiting gun choice is not really bad when the guns your limited to are sooooo good)

Please sir :D

grybalski
x3tc

Post by grybalski » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 09:57

Seconded. I just loved this functionality. Pretty please :D :D :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 11:03

BBS? I haven't seen any BBS in X3 TC. Is there a BBS and I am missing it somehow?

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 11:04

Ha,Ha, hey Cycrow..more adoring fans, take a bow, my friend, its a real testimony to your work,lol. 8)

mrgman
x4

Post by mrgman » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 14:03

BlackRain wrote:BBS? I haven't seen any BBS in X3 TC. Is there a BBS and I am missing it somehow?
come to think of it i havent seen it but i doubt they would remove it, i used to love reading the little news articles etc and i do recall a station anouncement to check them regular so they must be there

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 14:24

The BBS has been removed. i read it on a post in the X-Universe forum. its a shame though...
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

jahulath
x2

Post by jahulath » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 14:25

mrgman wrote:
BlackRain wrote:BBS? I haven't seen any BBS in X3 TC. Is there a BBS and I am missing it somehow?
come to think of it i havent seen it but i doubt they would remove it, i used to love reading the little news articles etc and i do recall a station anouncement to check them regular so they must be there
No sorry I was talking in old money :oops: I think they have removed the BBS completely as part of the mission system rewrite, I too will miss the little stories and tip offs about opportunities (not that I can remember ever actually exploiting a sector where factory "X" was destroyed by space fuel intoxicated pilot "Y").

However, the new system gives some excellent scope for non station based missions like:
"I am Pilot Y and my medicinal space fuel supply is almost out and I may not make it to station X" :D

As far as I've seen the station announcements have been left exactly as they where in X3 as I have not heard any new ones yet (poor lost Suzie) but I'd need a dev to confirm that

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 15:26

yes the BBS is removed, so i will make it via the MD instead and have a comm option to do it from a "dodgy" ship

mrgman
x4

Post by mrgman » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 16:31

Cycrow wrote:yes the BBS is removed, so i will make it via the MD instead and have a comm option to do it from a "dodgy" ship
are you going to port the stories from the last game into it (with the actions that hapened of course) or are you going to write them from scratch (and will the lottery work this time lol)

jahulath
x2

Post by jahulath » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:40

Cycrow wrote:yes the BBS is removed, so i will make it via the MD instead and have a comm option to do it from a "dodgy" ship
:D YAY :D Thankyou!

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:49

Oh dear god yes. Any chance we could get an adjustable rate of the "opportunity" appearing? I loved this in X3:R, but it was sad and desperate and frustrating flying all over the galaxy docking everywhere, just to find the chance to tweak my speed up a bit. Nothing insane obviously... why not cheat in that case right? But it would be nice to "stumble" across these a bit more often.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:59

shrikebtr wrote:
Oh dear god yes. Any chance we could get an adjustable rate of the "opportunity" appearing? I loved this in X3:R, but it was sad and desperate and frustrating flying all over the galaxy docking everywhere, just to find the chance to tweak my speed up a bit. Nothing insane obviously... why not cheat in that case right? But it would be nice to "stumble" across these a bit more often.
i seemed to find them left and right all the time i docked...

grybalski
x3tc

Post by grybalski » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 10:05

Thanks ! I'll be waiting !

fishface60

Post by fishface60 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 11:20

I think it'd have to be at most as rare as someone selling you their ship, it'd be a bit odd to see ships offering you upgrades left right and centre.
Though if it's possible perhaps a greater chance of the mission being available at pirate stations, it's dodgy upgrades so a dodgy sector might be the best place.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 11:23

In the original X game..XBTF..the only place you could get regular tuneups was a pirate base, so very posible that would work here as well.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”