[MOD] Player HQ Hack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 22:58

Erm yes n no yes it has 25mil but it also has free building etc.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:24

BlackRain wrote:what do I change so that it requires money? I want it to cost money but not require resources

maybe this? How does the factor value work?

<resource typename="SS_WARE_CREDITS">
<factor value="0" primary="0"/>
Is it possible to make it do the opposite? I.E. be able to build ships without using credits, just resources (preferably more of them to keep it somewhat balanced).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 03:37

Yes, I played around with it and figured it out. You can make it so it doesn't cost any money but you need resources and I also figured out the factors. Making the number higher lowers the cost. So 2 or 3 makes the cost lower then 1.

You can pretty much customize it anyway you want.

tofit

Post by tofit » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:46

How do you get a normal HQ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:51

I dont know, I cheated and got it

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 07:36

How do I get to the XML file to mod the values?

t-master
x3tc

Post by t-master » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 11:55

and if you don't want a resource, just delete the resource entry instead of setting its value to 0 or -1
but atm, I can't build any ship, it always has 00:00:00 cycle time and it doesn't work :shock:

kamikazie
x3tc

Post by kamikazie » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 20:14

don't supose u got spk version of ure mod?

canslow
x3

Post by canslow » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 03:53

I am very bad at getting scripts to run in the first place, and am not sure I want to modify these files I downloaded from you Graxstar. However, I think I might give it a shot ;) I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to edit .cat and .dat files. I cant seem to figure it out. Can anyone point me to a thread, or.. maybe I should quit now while X3:TC still works??

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 04:09

I have tried your Mod and I can't seem to get the PHQ to produce any ships at all. Have the money... Nothing :evil:

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 05:28

In other words you cheated it into the game using the wrong method. Add it to a TL first and take a chill pill. :roll:

fitzmarcade
x3tc

How to install Mod package?

Post by fitzmarcade » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 17:41

Hi just downloaded the HQ MOD package, however my version of the game does not have a mod directory.

Is there a way for me to install this package?

I have th DEEP SILVER or UK version: DVD v.1.0.1 updated it to 2.0.1.

Cheers?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 19:53

Create a new folder named "mods" in your Terran Conflict directory and put it in there. Try that....should work.

-G

fitzmarcade
x3tc

RE: mods folder

Post by fitzmarcade » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 20:18

@ Graxster.
Thanks for that, stupid me tried that but created a folder named "mod" instead of "mods".

Should of realised from other X3 game.

Cheers works now.

LarryBurstyn
x4

moding .dat and .cat files

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 18:11

Is there a program that helps mod these two files--or at least translate the stuff to meaningful data that can be worked on. I would like to adjust the mod so that it still requires resources and money but the time is less than original...

canslow
x3

Post by canslow » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 20:14

me too please :)

canslow
x3

Post by canslow » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 20:03

Ok, I basically have what I need now. All I need to know is what were the original values, spending quite a while tweeking the numbers and still cant get it quite right. Would you be able to post the original values Grax? Would be GREATLY appreciate! Thanks.

EDIT: With some really basic algebra and a calculator, I figured it out, silly me :roll:
Anyone wanting help with this, PM me and I can try to help

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 22:37

Just to let you people know... I'd be glad to help with these things, but the problem is that everyone wants something different. A HQ that uses credits only, a HQ that doesn't use credits but uses resources, etc... I can't make a mod for every person that plays X3. :D

The first thing you need to do is get doubleshadow's Mod Manager. It will allow you to extract the original HQ.pck from 03.cat in the game directory. It will extract as an .xml file. Simply open with your web browser to view it. Edit it in Notepad/Wordpad. Compare it to the hacked version I posted in the OP of this thread. There you can see that I deleted some things, and changed others.

Now all you have to do is play with the numbers. When you want to try it, run Mod Manager, select "new", choose a name for your Mod, then click "add" and add your HQ.xml file, being sure it goes in folder \types. Select your Mod at the game's pre-load screen and off you go...

-Grax

On a side note, Mod Manager will allow you to merge multiple Mods so you can use as many as you want (as long as they don't modify the same files).

LarryBurstyn
x4

Mod Manager

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 17:59

For some reason the Mod Manager returns with the error that it cannot find XZ3mmext.dll. However this file is located in the installed program folder. I use Vista Home Premium version 32... I will be reporting this on the mod manager forum after this message is submitted.

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 01:28

I've tried getting the HQ to work for me, but it does that negative resources thing you mentioned in the readme, and stays there. I even left it sitting for 2 hours, to see if it would fix itself, but it never did.

I am running the Steam version of X3:TC
Using most all of the mods and scripts found in the script library thread on this forum (all those work)
my game is indeed ***Modified*** (need a full conversion mod to get anymore modified :D )

If you have any ideas, let me know. I'll be poking around with it myself, as I just got the mod manager and the X3 Editor.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”