[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 22:06

the most you can send in an M6 is 6.

the amount you actually need is based on the skills of the marines you have, as well as what defences the m6's have.

also note that Terran ships are harder, and Xenon ships are harder still

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:04

So Cycrow, are the ships that marines can launch from hard coded into the EXE?
There are only two things in life that matter, and I have them both. They're not what you might think, and once you learn that you'll be much happier.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:12

they are hardcoded yeah

BorisRink
x3

Post by BorisRink » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 13:37

first of all, thx for this stuff :)
but i´m a german player and i dont understand how to bind a hotkey...
is it in the coder or where can i bind it?

thx

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 13:41

its in the standard controls menu when you assign your other keys.

goto the interface section at the bottom then is a section for Extensions. All script hotkeys are found there

BorisRink
x3

Post by BorisRink » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 13:49

thx..
have it!

Rmaccc
x3

Post by Rmaccc » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 18:02

Cycrow wrote:
Rmaccc wrote:trained a set to full and still get failed.

ps..i used the no sun script and all of a sudden i`m painted with a modified tag here ?,bloody cheek :evil:
of course u did, it means your game is modified, which it is, because u used a mod to "modify" the existing game, so what was you expecting ?
i dont class them as modifications,especially if the things used should have been options in the first place.

the no suns and no rocks has made the game playable for me.
creators should get a payout from egosoft for keeping me playing the game by "fixing" an omission :lol:

when i saw the modified tag i heard shouts of "CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER" :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 18:26

Rmaccc wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
Rmaccc wrote:trained a set to full and still get failed.

ps..i used the no sun script and all of a sudden i`m painted with a modified tag here ?,bloody cheek :evil:
of course u did, it means your game is modified, which it is, because u used a mod to "modify" the existing game, so what was you expecting ?
i dont class them as modifications,especially if the things used should have been options in the first place.

the no suns and no rocks has made the game playable for me.
creators should get a payout from egosoft for keeping me playing the game by "fixing" an omission :lol:

when i saw the modified tag i heard shouts of "CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER" :D
this is you assuming the modified tag means your cheating which it doesn't.

it simply means that your game is not exactly as it was released. this could mean the data files have been changed and no longer match the release version.

which you have clearly done, those mods do modify the games data files, thats y they are called mods. and thats y you have the modified tag.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 19:41

IIRC, the *modified* tag is also added simply by activating the script editor. Even if you don't install or use mods or scripts, you'll have that tag. No one that I know of would consider this "cheating".

-G

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 19:44

Hey Cycrow, can you give us a price chart for marine upgrades? The pattern seems to be +2000 creds each sub level and about 3 or 4 sub levels per star, but I keep losing count :) an official leveling teir chart of some sort would be a great tool for those of us budgeting our military spending :)
There are only two things in life that matter, and I have them both. They're not what you might think, and once you learn that you'll be much happier.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 19:52

your close.

stats are from 1 to 100. The training increases in price in multiples of 5 by 2000 each time, with a start of 5000

however, the amount of training required is difficult, because the amount they get trained each time is random, between 5 and 10 points at a time

so, the maximum number of training required would be 20 assuming you get 5 each time

Duration of time is simlar, but its sqared instead for every 5 points.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 20:46

Cycrow wrote:they are hardcoded yeah
So we can't make our own custom boarding craft and import them into TC?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 22:47

Cycrow wrote:your close.

stats are from 1 to 100. The training increases in price in multiples of 5 by 2000 each time, with a start of 5000

however, the amount of training required is difficult, because the amount they get trained each time is random, between 5 and 10 points at a time

so, the maximum number of training required would be 20 assuming you get 5 each time

Duration of time is simlar, but its sqared instead for every 5 points.
Ah, ok. Thanks man. I think I'll make all my projections for the 5 points at a time scenario and just be happy when it comes in under budget :).

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 22:51

KloHunt3r wrote:
Cycrow wrote:they are hardcoded yeah
So we can't make our own custom boarding craft and import them into TC?
if you classify the new craft as an M6, then it'll work fine.

also, you can add boarding pods to any ship, and it will work.

whats hardcoded is what classes are able to launch marines via space suits.

but its classes, and not specific ships.

the exception is the Sirokos that is hardcoded to allow launching marines via suits even thou its not an M6 or TP

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 07:21

I noticed that the Argon Equipment dock and Shipyard in Argon Prime allow marine training.
Are those stations any slower at training than a military base?

I did a test but I can't tell if the difference in training speed is due to the time variability or because those particular stations just train slower.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 17:02

there is no difference, both stations are classed as Docks. The marine training routines dont care what type of dock they are as long as its a dock

troop5

Post by troop5 » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 09:05

Nice mod Cycrow,

Maybe in the next update you could consider making a boarding command to transport your marines aboard if your ship has a transporter and skip the whole flying through space thing? Or possibly the ships that use the boarding hotkey will automatically send marines through transport unless the ship didnt have one and use other options.

Possibly like

Board ship command hotkey activated->

Option 1 : If ship has transporter Device it will use otherwise will check

Option 2 : If ship has boarding pod it will use otherwise

Option 3 : Strap up the suit and hoof it

I really just think its silly that i would have to tell my troops to get in the airlock and zip across space in a battlefield when i have a perfectly good transporter device collecting dust.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 10:35

Excessive use of the transporter would completely trivialise boarding.
Just press the magic button repeatedly until the desired ship is yours.

Just think of Star Trek. All those excuses they had to make up to explain why they can't fix every problem with beaming items or personnel from A to B, off the ship, aboard the ship...

Besides, making marines (or any ships for that matter) go through the maneuvers of approaching the enemy is a lot of work to script and organise.
No scripter would just dump all that hard work because someone would rather have an I-win key. =P

You can do that with a 1 line script...
Argument 1 = ship
$ship -> set owner to Player

Enjoy your new ship.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

John McG
x4

improved boarding

Post by John McG » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 10:58

I have downloaded Cycrows boarding script but my Plugin manager seems to be still set up for the X3 reunion, what do I need to do to 'Plugin Manager?
Thanks

John McG
x4

improved boarding

Post by John McG » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 10:59

I have downloaded Cycrows boarding script but my Plugin manager seems to be still set up for the X3 reunion, what do I need to do to 'Plugin Manager?
Thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”