[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 17:02

there is no difference, both stations are classed as Docks. The marine training routines dont care what type of dock they are as long as its a dock

troop5

Post by troop5 » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 09:05

Nice mod Cycrow,

Maybe in the next update you could consider making a boarding command to transport your marines aboard if your ship has a transporter and skip the whole flying through space thing? Or possibly the ships that use the boarding hotkey will automatically send marines through transport unless the ship didnt have one and use other options.

Possibly like

Board ship command hotkey activated->

Option 1 : If ship has transporter Device it will use otherwise will check

Option 2 : If ship has boarding pod it will use otherwise

Option 3 : Strap up the suit and hoof it

I really just think its silly that i would have to tell my troops to get in the airlock and zip across space in a battlefield when i have a perfectly good transporter device collecting dust.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 10:35

Excessive use of the transporter would completely trivialise boarding.
Just press the magic button repeatedly until the desired ship is yours.

Just think of Star Trek. All those excuses they had to make up to explain why they can't fix every problem with beaming items or personnel from A to B, off the ship, aboard the ship...

Besides, making marines (or any ships for that matter) go through the maneuvers of approaching the enemy is a lot of work to script and organise.
No scripter would just dump all that hard work because someone would rather have an I-win key. =P

You can do that with a 1 line script...
Argument 1 = ship
$ship -> set owner to Player

Enjoy your new ship.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

John McG
x4

improved boarding

Post by John McG » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 10:58

I have downloaded Cycrows boarding script but my Plugin manager seems to be still set up for the X3 reunion, what do I need to do to 'Plugin Manager?
Thanks

John McG
x4

improved boarding

Post by John McG » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 10:59

I have downloaded Cycrows boarding script but my Plugin manager seems to be still set up for the X3 reunion, what do I need to do to 'Plugin Manager?
Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 17:12

you need to make sure you have the TC version of the plugin manager.

the TC version is compatable with X3R as well, but not the other way round.

make sure its 2.20 Beta 6

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 03:16

got a questions.
why 20 marines with 5 stars (maxxed up marines) cant board ATF odin and ATF Tyr?

tried over 40 times and all the time i get : hull cannot be penetrated,......

is there a devious joke in place so you cant capture those ships?

they are WAY WAY harder to cap than any Xenon ship in the game.

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Wish/Request

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 19:45

Hi Cycrow, been using another one of your scripts and as usual it's great. I do have a request however, (no peace for the wicked!), is there an easy way to recover the blasted marines when they fail or the ship they are boarding blows up? I can't seem to transport them or get the MARS Goblins to retrieve them, so I have to resort to dodging around trying not to blow them up whilst fighting and trying to recover them for another go at another ship?

Thanks for another great script,

Paul
Life's too dull without X3
ASUS Striker Extreme Ver2.0 Nvidia 680i SLI, 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 QUAD Extreme, 4 Gig Corsair CM2X RAM, 2 x BFG Nvidia OC2 8800GTX's 768 Meg SLI Mode, 4 x 16Meg Cache Seagate Barracuda 300Gig RAID 0/1, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro, Dolby 7.1 CreativeS700, Thermotake Tai-Chi Air Cooled Case, 2.2 KW PSU, WinXP SP-3, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 22" CRT.

SGT.J

Post by SGT.J » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 19:01

Hey Cycrow...Cool Name>>>>> I'm a veteran when it comes to the X universe but a novice when it comes to using the scripts..you've clearly put in the man hours for some awesome upgrades and mods and I would like to show my appreciation by using them. You work is very much appreciated. I just would like to know how to run the scripts once I change my name to "Thereshallbewings";also, I once saw a money script you produced and I can no longer find it...please help..Thanks again for all the hard work in advance.....You reflect great credit upon yourself,The Xuniverse community and the scripters........

pauld@isomicro.com
x3tc

Post by pauld@isomicro.com » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:47

SGT.J wrote:Hey Cycrow...Cool Name>>>>> I'm a veteran when it comes to the X universe but a novice when it comes to using the scripts..you've clearly put in the man hours for some awesome upgrades and mods and I would like to show my appreciation by using them. You work is very much appreciated. I just would like to know how to run the scripts once I change my name to "Thereshallbewings";also, I once saw a money script you produced and I can no longer find it...please help..Thanks again for all the hard work in advance.....You reflect great credit upon yourself,The Xuniverse community and the scripters........
It's in his cheat collection you will find it in one of the sticky's at the Forum title page. Then it will show on the menu under custom "cheat menu", you will also need his installer which I wish everyone used, there is a link normally in all his scripts and the instructions are very clear so you should not go wrong.
Have fun.

Paul
Life's too dull without X3
ASUS Striker Extreme Ver2.0 Nvidia 680i SLI, 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 QUAD Extreme, 4 Gig Corsair CM2X RAM, 2 x BFG Nvidia OC2 8800GTX's 768 Meg SLI Mode, 4 x 16Meg Cache Seagate Barracuda 300Gig RAID 0/1, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro, Dolby 7.1 CreativeS700, Thermotake Tai-Chi Air Cooled Case, 2.2 KW PSU, WinXP SP-3, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 22" CRT.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 04:12

Thanks for this script Cycrow! You're way ahead of the curve as usual.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 23:12

I don't understand this. I tried it on Mammoth to test my first capture with Marines. But when I press the shortcut key I get "No Aim" message. I am shaving the hull at 400 meters. There is no way I can get closer than this.

I also tried it on a Xenon Q that the Teladi was engaging, and same No Aim message there too. What am I doing wrong? Can marines only be launched from TP ships? I am in a TM, but I got cargo life support and all that.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 23:20

are you actually targetting the ship, or just trying to fly close to it ?

you get the no aim warning when you dont have a current target.

also, you can only launch them from the ships that can do them using the piracy commands, TM's are not one of them

TP's or M6's only

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 23:29

Ahh. I thought as long as you could carry them you could use them. That explains it :) Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:12

Cycrow,
What are your next projects in TC scripting??

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 11:21

cycrow when i board a ship a number of passengers appear in my cargo hold.........
not marines just passengers
whats it this?
im a noob at marine capping in x3tc
i prefered the system in XTM

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 02:20

There's a lot of potential for further scripting with Boarding ops.

LV's pioneering HAT script used transporter, but would result in heavy marine losses..However, if you kept pumping personnel aboard and kept those shields under 10%, the target would fall..eventually. You could also capp M3's, TP's, TS's. Great for early game piracy.

Brand-X was at work on another script, Part II of his Universal Capture script that was to use marines, also with transporter, but which had more variables to combat, like:
Defending racetype: e.g. Split more tenacious, more likely to blow up ship if losing..
Attacking racetype: e.g. Boron weakest at combat..
Different Outcomes: like target suddenly activates j-drive and vanishes forever with your marines...or target self-destructs (immediately..or later, after it's in yr cargo hold!).

The XTM system I'm not familiar with..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 23:41

Hieronymos wrote:Cycrow,
What are your next projects in TC scripting??
well i was working on stuff for 1.3.

now i will be fixing the plugin manager and ship creator first.

next will be the G15 lcd mod

that will follow a few updates to my current scripts

followed by converting a few more of my X3 ones, starting with Move to Coordinates

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 23:43

paulms1980 wrote:cycrow when i board a ship a number of passengers appear in my cargo hold.........
not marines just passengers
whats it this?
im a noob at marine capping in x3tc
i prefered the system in XTM
which command do you use to board ?

also, which one do they appear in, the ship you have boarded, or something else ?

and do the passenger names match any of your marine names at all ?

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 08:18

sorry cycrow dude its me, i scripted 10 marines in2 my vidar, i guess the extras appeared as crew
dude i am having a problem with the plugin manager, it crashes ever since i upgraded 2 beta6!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”