[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 11:21

cycrow when i board a ship a number of passengers appear in my cargo hold.........
not marines just passengers
whats it this?
im a noob at marine capping in x3tc
i prefered the system in XTM

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 02:20

There's a lot of potential for further scripting with Boarding ops.

LV's pioneering HAT script used transporter, but would result in heavy marine losses..However, if you kept pumping personnel aboard and kept those shields under 10%, the target would fall..eventually. You could also capp M3's, TP's, TS's. Great for early game piracy.

Brand-X was at work on another script, Part II of his Universal Capture script that was to use marines, also with transporter, but which had more variables to combat, like:
Defending racetype: e.g. Split more tenacious, more likely to blow up ship if losing..
Attacking racetype: e.g. Boron weakest at combat..
Different Outcomes: like target suddenly activates j-drive and vanishes forever with your marines...or target self-destructs (immediately..or later, after it's in yr cargo hold!).

The XTM system I'm not familiar with..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 23:41

Hieronymos wrote:Cycrow,
What are your next projects in TC scripting??
well i was working on stuff for 1.3.

now i will be fixing the plugin manager and ship creator first.

next will be the G15 lcd mod

that will follow a few updates to my current scripts

followed by converting a few more of my X3 ones, starting with Move to Coordinates

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 23:43

paulms1980 wrote:cycrow when i board a ship a number of passengers appear in my cargo hold.........
not marines just passengers
whats it this?
im a noob at marine capping in x3tc
i prefered the system in XTM
which command do you use to board ?

also, which one do they appear in, the ship you have boarded, or something else ?

and do the passenger names match any of your marine names at all ?

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 08:18

sorry cycrow dude its me, i scripted 10 marines in2 my vidar, i guess the extras appeared as crew
dude i am having a problem with the plugin manager, it crashes ever since i upgraded 2 beta6!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 18:32

if its a crash on exit, then it should still be fine, if its something else then there might be a problem. I am working on Beta7 which will hopefully improve a few things.

as for the passenger quest, if using the cheats, then what happens is, it creates the passengers, then converts the passengers to marines.

so, if you select 10, it will create 10 passengers, then convert them all to marines, however, as you can only have 5 marines on your vidar, only 5 are converted to marines and the other 5 remain as passengers.

i guess i should add a check to make sure it only creates enough marines that the ship can hold :P

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 21:52

this crash on exit wudnt happen to afect any fake patches im using would it?

Badgeroonie
x3tc

Post by Badgeroonie » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 14:48

Hi All,

Having trouble getting Cycrow's boarding script to work. I have installed v2.20 of the plugin manager and installed the script.

When I then go into the game, I cannot see any enhancements. I was expecting to be able to assign hotkeys in the interface section of the controls menu against boarding operations, but there is nothing there :(

Any idea what I am missing :?

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 14:55

did u enable the script editor in your save game ?

you can check to see if the script editor option is available in your global commands, and if the scripts are list there.

remember to save and reload after activating it, or manually start the scripts yourself.

saving and reloading does it automatically

Badgeroonie
x3tc

Post by Badgeroonie » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 16:51

Hi Cycrow,

OK, I don't remember 'activating' the script editor, but I found the script editor (I do wish they'd simplified these menus in TC) in the command menu for my ship....I can see your scripts listed in there, but no idea how to manually start them :o .....

Once I have started them, I should presumably see the additional section under the interface menu?

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 18:14

hi

thanks for yet another great script man.. but i think i am doing something wrong..

this is what happens:
im in my m1, have targetted another m1 with its shields down and press the the hotkeys one by one, when i say board it says command rejected, when i use the others (board from all ships and board from ship) it says no aim, there is a m6 minotaur flying right beside the target with marines on board (and boardingpods, altho i dont think it needs them for this), and i have the target ship targetted.

i think i cant be in the m1 if i want to launch marines from my own ship, but isnt the m6 suposed to launch some marines at the targetted m1..?
how do i tell the m6 minotaur to launch marines to the target..? and what do i need to launch them from my own ship..?

thanks

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 22:19

MARS can now display a life feed of the boarding battle in real time so you always know when marines fall in battle (or on the way there) and when it's time to send reinforcements.

Instead of vague radio chatter you get accurate information from their combat suit's vital sign monitors!

I'm just excited about the new toy. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 09:59

oh.. and how does this work gazz..? where can i see it..?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 20:19

Like everything else related to MARS it's accessible through it's config menu...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 06:33

Cycrow,

Great script, but I'm running into a strange issue? I'll be alongside a ship I want to board, have its shields at 0%, and hit my shortcut button.

The computer will say "Command Rejected", and then dump the marines into space. The marines will then just sit there, they won't attempt to board. :?

This happens pretty frequently, like 3 or 4 out of every five times. Then the fifth time it will say Command Rejected, to be immediately followed by a marine saying "team 2 engaging" or something like that.

Any idea what this might be?

Creston

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 23:54

I too am suffering the same issues as Creston. :(

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 08:33

I tried to board a Yaki Ryu (TL), I ordered them to board it and they just crashed on it one by one.

I already checked that the shields of the enemy were below 5% and that the Yaki are set to enemies.

Oh and from time to time, I get the same problem as Creston's.
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 23:35

I've only installed this script this evening, I try to keep my scripts to a minimum, and I've not hit any problems yet - capped 2 Ryus in pretty short order, it's about a zillion times less tedious than trying it with vanilla boarding :)

(although the RNG gods took revenge by having my Thresher splattered by a Galleon OOS whilst I was capping the Ryus so all told I'm probably still about 40 million down - pfffff)

I could get to love my little Dragon again (my smaller capping ship).
[ external image ]

... old skool

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 21:06

Heya. I have a problem that may be linked to this script.

I just boarded a Galleon, It was messy, I didn't fry his weapons, but I managed it with pods.
However, After the battle to my horror I find that about 10-15 of my 20 marines have turned into passengers. They have the same names as my marines (After 2 days of training them I know them better than they know themselves, and their mums).
If it's of any info I used you standard board hotkey, not any of the other ones.

Any idea why this is?

Cheers

madpainter
x3tc

Post by madpainter » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 22:23

Axeface wrote:Heya. I have a problem that may be linked to this script.

I just boarded a Galleon, It was messy, I didn't fry his weapons, but I managed it with pods.
However, After the battle to my horror I find that about 10-15 of my 20 marines have turned into passengers. They have the same names as my marines (After 2 days of training them I know them better than they know themselves, and their mums).
If it's of any info I used you standard board hotkey, not any of the other ones.

Any idea why this is?

Cheers
I had a similar problem and I came to the conclusion it was because I had filled up on marines and everyone I picked up above my capacity became a passenger.
Unfortunately that seems to signal the end of their military career :evil:
My advise........................eject them and shoot the ungrateful bas*ards.
Or sell them into slavery :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”