[REQ] Repair bay for carriers (ship command)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mpcribeiro
x3tc

[REQ] Repair bay for carriers (ship command)

Post by mpcribeiro » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:02

Hi,

Please could someone create a "repair bay" for carriers (a ship command that once installed on the ship it automatically repairs ships that dock with hull damange.

If isn't asking too much... re-arm the ship with equip/weapons/missiles/ammo as well and without player intervention (AI to deal with micro-managing)

Cheers

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 19:32

maybe this could be added into a Supply software upgrade??

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 20:46

mpcribeiro,

You can automate missile and ammunition resupply by going to the weapons menu of any ship and scrolling down. Any time the ship docks at a carrier or factory that produces those goods, it will try to restock.

Weapons and shields are a bit harder, the closest you can come with the vanilla scripts is the "Equip ship like" command i believe.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 01:02

It could be resolved by an old script created for X3R, named "IFTSOS"; if I remember it was created by Apricotslice?

It gave you the chance to install a factory in your HQ, and also in ships as Carriers and TLs. I hope he will port that script in TC, so who wants to repair ships in a Carrier hangar can simply install a SY into it...

And many other applications!

:shock:

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 01:55

XTM had something like that. If I'm bored, I might try hacking away and extracting that and the build ships commands from the mod.

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 10:45

Here's a quick hack to do what you asked (repair docked ships). This is basically the script from XTM made to work on TC.

http://tinyurl.com/5zljkq

The command can be found under "Additional Ship Commands" for all M1 and M7's. Click it, and then dock your damaged ships. They will be repaired for 5,000 credits for each "tick". Check your docked ships panel for progress.

PS This is my first script post, so if I forgot to include something, tell me.

PSS Someone want to tackle the build ships/reverse engineer commands from XTM? After looking at a thousand or so lines of code, I give up.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 23:05

jimhsu77479 wrote:Here's a quick hack to do what you asked (repair docked ships). This is basically the script from XTM made to work on TC.

http://tinyurl.com/5zljkq

The command can be found under "Additional Ship Commands" for all M1 and M7's. Click it, and then dock your damaged ships. They will be repaired for 5,000 credits for each "tick". Check your docked ships panel for progress.

PS This is my first script post, so if I forgot to include something, tell me.

PSS Someone want to tackle the build ships/reverse engineer commands from XTM? After looking at a thousand or so lines of code, I give up.
Excellent it works as worked on XTM, even shows the repair percentage on "landed ships" list. Many thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”