[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shadowdef
x3tc

Should be working buts not.

Post by shadowdef » Fri, 1. May 09, 22:36

I just downloaded a mod called Factory_Complex_Constructor_4.01_PLUS
Once i downloaded it, i used X Plugin Manager to install the mod.
The mod is listed as installed by X Plugin Manager. After i installed it i started up X3 TC to see if the mod is working. I built a few stations to see if the mod was installed. Sadly it didnt seem to be.

So i tried to install the mod with out X Plugin manager. I copyed the script to the script folder and copy the T folder contents to the T folder in Program files (x86) EGOSOFT X3 Terran Conflict. both said that the folders already contained the files i was trying to copy to them.
So im asuming that the Plugin manager did its work. So what im asking is there some way to active the mod that im missing? I did rename my pilot to "ThereShallBeWings". aside from that is there some thing im missing?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 1. May 09, 22:59

after changing your pilots name, did you save and reload your game.

most scripts and mods requires a modified save game to load, this load happens on game startup or load.

saving the game after enabling the script editor will mark the save game as modified so next time you load the game, the auto start scripts will start to function

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Fri, 1. May 09, 23:04

Im not sure if i did it in that. I changed my pilots name and them saved exited the game and then loaded the save. Do i have to do it by chaging the name saving then loading? no exiting the game?

Is there some sign that the mod activated like a beep or maybe the screen blinks red? or a congrats?

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Fri, 1. May 09, 23:12

I needed to Name my pilot to "ThereShallBeWings" right?

Also what do you mean by ( enabling the script editor )

One more thing, do i need to have my plugin manager open in the back ground for this to work? should i put my game in windows mode?

Thanks for all your help :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. May 09, 23:13

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] No 12: Merge to FCC.

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url]: Ask questions about problems opening the SE in this thread.

And questions about Plugin Manager in this thread.

PS. It is "Thereshallbewings", not "ThereShallBeWings". Your pilot name will not change, if you type it right.

SierraKhaar

Post by SierraKhaar » Sat, 9. May 09, 16:03

Can you make the hotkey guide in the manual match the ingame controls better?

I had to guess my way around and there is still keys that are not assigned =/

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 11. May 09, 22:17

1. I have plugin manager 2.20 beta6 and it says "can't open package file" when I try open the .spk you provided.

Is this fault of plugin manager or your spk?

2. Shift + Num Enter is "Main Menu" by default. Would be good if docs covered that detail since it might be problematic to quite a few people.

JrK
x3tc

Post by JrK » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 20:03

I have found an issue with the rotations of stations. For full info: I'm trying to rotate a station I've just plopped down using the general->build station command. I'm sitting in the Z+ drone in order to perfectly align my view with the axes.

Now the problem: it seems while the X and Y axes of rotation seem to be fixed as in the axes of rotation always coincide with their respective drones, the Z axis of rotation seems to be fixed relative to the station. Just do a check: if a station has just been rotated 90 degrees over the Y axis, the Z and X rotations will coincide. You still can get the proper rotation if you try really hard but it isn't obvious to those less schooled in the groups of three-dimensional rotation.

Am I missing something here or have I indeed found a bug/issue?
God is in the rain.

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 19:03

Crapgame wrote:I decided to go back and buy an extra CCK to see if I can figure this out. Now I can lay out the hub, distillery and wheat farm in a nice row using the FCC.

THEN select the other CCK in my cargo bay and select "build" and it then asks me to select a station and then select another station to connect to. So I select the Hub and then the distillery which is below it. That finallt connected the hub to the distillery. The wheat farm is still not connnected.

So, I'm guessing I need to place the initial CCK as a hub (as per the instructions at 0,0,0) then place each factory and then use 2 more CCKs to connect each of them to the hub.

Anyone feel free to chime in here whenever you'd like. :P
Is this really the way to build a hub using the FCC?
It doesn't sound like anything that is in the FCC manual.
Using this method it'd take 3 CCK to connect 3 stations.

I'd hope that anyone that know how to use the FCC give some clear instructions.

Anyway, how do you place the initial CCK as a hub? If I ask my TL to drop a station (CCK), it asks for stations to connect it to, and because I haven't droped my stations yet, I can't connect it...

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 19:28

Mines and CCKs must be built using the standard Egosoft command, not FCC's.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 19:50

Yeah, I've read that a few times in this thread. According to the manual, you're supposed to use the Build station command, but if the manual is wrong how are you supposed to build a complex? As I wrote, trying to drop a station (CCK) as the first station, how does you drop a CCK, if you haven't droped any stations yet, as the computer asks for stations to connect to? Or are you supposed to drop 2 stations using the build station command in the general tab and then connect them by using the normal Drop station command?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 21:18

First build at least 2 stations using FCC's commands then use stock Egosoft Drop Station Command to build mines and CCKs :wink:

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 23:30

Ok, thanks. That clears it up a bit

kerDajan
x4

Post by kerDajan » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 22:32

First, before anyone gets the wrong idea - I'm loving the neatness this brings to the universe
when it works properly
Unfortunately FCC seems to take neatness to extremes at times:

Ø Tubes don't show & have no physical presence
Ø Placing any stations uning Egosoft commands results in similar invisibility/insubstantiality

Any idea whats going wrong here?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 11:08

I don't think this script is the culprit, I have been using it for months and never had those problems. You probably have mods that conflict with each other or mods that are incompatible with patch 2.1.

kerDajan
x4

Post by kerDajan » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 12:02

Damn. Is there a list of compatible - or even better currently incompatible mods/scripts?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 12:18

Scripts should all be compatible, as form mods simply visit the thread for every mod you have installed and check if an updated version is available. :wink:

kerDajan
x4

Post by kerDajan » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 21:03

But I'm lazyyyyyyyyyyyyy :twisted:

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 21:58

Does anyone have a sample of a well designed complex using FCC?
Before I got FCC I use to making complexes in a circular pattern with the Hub for docking in the center. Since the max distance a station can be from the central hub (I believe) is 20K, I usually try to make the radius from the center about that amount (not sure if it is necessary) in order to give easy access to ships. The circle was not closed and I left the open portion facing towards the nearest gate.(although I realize that is 2 dimensional thinking) All like stations I stacked on top of each other.
I don't know what is the best configuration for a complex and what distances they should be apart other than keeping like stations as close as possible (0,1,0). I know that also does not have to be for just like stations. Should the complex just be a straight line with all the stations stacked in a row except the central hub for docking?
Appreciate an example of what a good looking complex looks like. (30 stations or more would be good).
Thanks

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 02:27

I love this script now that I know how to use it.
I've built a few small complexes with it now, 16 to 36 factories per complex. I stack them like a brick wall., with the solar factories to the side and the mines under.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”