[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kayfess
x3tc

Post by kayfess » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 19:37

Somebody, please, give that man a medal. For the next X game ... Connector designation ("red lasers") would be cool, but so would having the option to stick the factory infront of your ship and let you place-by-flight...
I dream of an X game where the voice acting doesn't sound like someone who was in the middle of having sex when a relative ran up and asked them to read some foreign words into a microphone.

Oh, and not chugging in the middle of fights would be cool too.

ChrisCorr
x3tc

Post by ChrisCorr » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 21:59

I used this and when I put down a station aligned with another (-1,0,0) the station was placed and is working fine in the complex but it doesn't... render, it's invisible.

:s

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:35

i love this mod for building new complexes but like another user who posted before me i cant move or rotate existing stations who are connected even if i have a tractor beam in the ship im in and the builder and yes i tryed to unfix stuff , i downloaded the Plus edition and i binded my keys like in the manual and no keys goes into conflict in script bindings so im kind of lost why is does nt work hehe

edit: typoes
Last edited by Forsaker on Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisCorr
x3tc

Post by ChrisCorr » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:36

I have that problem too. Can't move or rotate any stations, fixed or unfixed, in a complex or not.

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 04:31

seems like i cant rotate or move existing station either , it looks like my unfix function dont work because whenever i press the rotate station Z- (to create a reference point) it creates ones every time even after i pressed my unfix key so i guess i got another script that enters in conflict or something but i rechecked again my key config and nothing enter in conflict i even tryed to put another key to unfix but it does nt work ...

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 05:00

Hey Dusty, will you be porting over A.R.E.S eventually? I hope so. ;)

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:57

think i'll give this one a go... getting proper frustrated trying to build complexes...

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 19:58

certainly a nice script, installed dead easy and configured hot keys...

still though... this IMO has an incredibly steep learning curve... spent over and hour just trying to figure everything out...

Found it extremely difficult with regards to setting a complex up around a L Silicon Mine...

starting to wish Egosoft never came up with complexes...

*edit* - finally getting to grips with it after several solid hours of trying... certainlly improves the look of the complex and in some ways makes it easier :)

MTM1977
x3tc

Post by MTM1977 » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 09:57

I haven't built many complexes before, but now i am trying to create one with this.

I can't really get it done though.

I have been trying to follow the manual, so i first placed a hub (complex construction kit), then stations around it.

Ok, they are there, but none of them are connected to anything.

So, how do i actually connect them to be a complex, do i need to buy a separate complex construction kit for each connection or how do i do it?

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 14:43

you buy construction kits then place the first hub using the offset thinggy and the remaining construction kits you use the special command on your hauler and connect them normally

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 15:19

I've read this thread and my question has been asked and answered twice but I honestly don't understand the answers.

I have a TL loaded with:

1 Complex Construction Kit
1 Wheat Farm L
1 Space Fuel Distillery L

I use the General> Build Station FCC command and place the CCK at 0,0,0 offset at a location in the same sector that I am in.

I use the General > Build Station FCC command, select the CCK and enter in 0,1,0 for the Wheat Farm.

I use the General > Build Station FCC command, select the CCK and enter in 0,-1,0 for the Space Fuel Distillery.

Now I have all three stations nicely built, placed and it a nice little line but not connected in any way.

What is the obvious step that I am missing here to connect these three things into a complex?

Thanks

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 18:35

From reading other threads on this subject I get the impression that I have to place the CCK last. That doesnt agree with the instructions in the .pdf for FCC.

Can any one help?

I'm at an impasse here.

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 20:54

I decided to go back and buy an extra CCK to see if I can figure this out. Now I can lay out the hub, distillery and wheat farm in a nice row using the FCC.

THEN select the other CCK in my cargo bay and select "build" and it then asks me to select a station and then select another station to connect to. So I select the Hub and then the distillery which is below it. That finallt connected the hub to the distillery. The wheat farm is still not connnected.

So, I'm guessing I need to place the initial CCK as a hub (as per the instructions at 0,0,0) then place each factory and then use 2 more CCKs to connect each of them to the hub.

Anyone feel free to chime in here whenever you'd like. :P

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 19:55

Goldo wrote: Found it extremely difficult with regards to setting a complex up around a L Silicon Mine...
It's my case too.
Crapgame wrote:I decided to go back and buy an extra CCK to see if I can figure this out. Now I can lay out the hub, distillery and wheat farm in a nice row using the FCC.

THEN select the other CCK in my cargo bay and select "build" and it then asks me to select a station and then select another station to connect to. So I select the Hub and then the distillery which is below it. That finallt connected the hub to the distillery. The wheat farm is still not connnected.

So, I'm guessing I need to place the initial CCK as a hub (as per the instructions at 0,0,0) then place each factory and then use 2 more CCKs to connect each of them to the hub.

Anyone feel free to chime in here whenever you'd like. :P
I would like to know the answer too, I have s imilar issue : I placed 1 mine with vanilla command, then 1 hub and 2 stations with FCC. Then I placed a Hub with vanilla command to connect the Hub to a station (like I read in the manual ?) but it just connected my 1st Hub with only 1 station. The last station and the mine remain unconnected.

Second try : placing the Hub with vanilla command between 2 stations : I am asked to choose 2 stations, ok, then to place the Hib, ok... then only those 2 stations connected. Not The 1st Hub nor the mine.

Do we need to place as many Hubs as the number of stations +1 or are Crapgame and me making an error somewhere ?

NB : I use the version 4.01 Light

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 11:09

Crapgame -> after many searches I finally found the answer here :
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... g+stations

Yes, we need many Construction Kits.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 12:20

YAY finally,

downloaded the 'plus' installing now and thank you very very very very much.
Just got my self stations for a space weed/space fuel complex (just supply it with e-cells) and had a hell of a time trying to place the stations neatly even by spending most time reading and reloading

this is a must have script

:D going to try it out now

thanks again
lord muck

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 01:20

I've been using this wonderful script for a little while now, but I don't believe I ever made it back to this thread to say Thank You, so...

Thank You! :x3:

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 17:12

Just a quick thank you,

tried this out and all is working perfectly.

thanks again

Lord Muck

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Sat, 21. Mar 09, 08:35

Is it possible to build mines and connect stations OOS?

cheers

Dreez
x4

Question - FCC v4.0.

Post by Dreez » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 21:06

I have started to amass a small fortune in X3TC atm using patrol missions
and was starting to look at building complexes and my own PHQ.
So i downloaded Factory Complex Constructor but i cannot find any
txt.document where to install unzip the script. I have also searched on this
site but can't seem to find any info.

Where to unzip the FCC v4.0 ?. The main game-folder or in the scriptfolder.

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. Merged. jlehtone}

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”