[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 12:20

YAY finally,

downloaded the 'plus' installing now and thank you very very very very much.
Just got my self stations for a space weed/space fuel complex (just supply it with e-cells) and had a hell of a time trying to place the stations neatly even by spending most time reading and reloading

this is a must have script

:D going to try it out now

thanks again
lord muck

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 01:20

I've been using this wonderful script for a little while now, but I don't believe I ever made it back to this thread to say Thank You, so...

Thank You! :x3:

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 17:12

Just a quick thank you,

tried this out and all is working perfectly.

thanks again

Lord Muck

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Sat, 21. Mar 09, 08:35

Is it possible to build mines and connect stations OOS?

cheers

Dreez
x4

Question - FCC v4.0.

Post by Dreez » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 21:06

I have started to amass a small fortune in X3TC atm using patrol missions
and was starting to look at building complexes and my own PHQ.
So i downloaded Factory Complex Constructor but i cannot find any
txt.document where to install unzip the script. I have also searched on this
site but can't seem to find any info.

Where to unzip the FCC v4.0 ?. The main game-folder or in the scriptfolder.

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]. Merged. jlehtone}

Dreez
x4

FCC v4.0 - Remove Beacons?

Post by Dreez » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 01:59

Was setting up my next complex and suddenly i noticed i had a few saved
'station beacons' and now i can't remove them. I read the FCC manual but
it only says how to create them, not how to delete them.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 02:22

Object commands:

Code: Select all

<RefObj> destruct: show no explosion=<Var/Number>

(Var/Number is a boolean TRUE/FALSE)

or if you need to identify an agressor:

<RefObj> destroy object: killer=Value>, show no explosion=<Var/Number>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Topics merged, misinterpreted the request (as not familiar with term FCC) as a scripting question, please ignore.

Looks interesting. Have read it before and certainly appeals as a complex manager.
Last edited by pelador on Fri, 10. Apr 09, 11:53, edited 3 times in total.

Mightysword
x3tc

Need advice with FCC.

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 07:10

After placing my PHQ I'm in the process of build some mega complex to support it. The first one in the pile is a big Argon food factory.

Basically I figured out placing all the Castle Ranch L vertically on top of each other will make them look really good. But I spent about one hours and still can not find a good position/orientation to put the Cahoona Bakery L in. I tried quite a few times and they all look funky when I try to connect the Bakeries into the Castle Ranches.

So anyone have any advice on station positioning for a good looking Argon Food complex? (10 Castle Ranch L + 10 Cahoona Bakery L). Thanks.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 19:15

pelador wrote:Object commands:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sorry, but i am quiet new to X3 and a total noob with scipts. What do i write
where to make those station-beacons go away?.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 19:34

Dreez wrote:
pelador wrote:Object commands:

I am sorry, but i am quiet new to X3 and a total noob with scipts. What do i write
where to make those station-beacons go away?.
If they are relevant to the FCC process i wouldnt want to advise doing anything with them without guidance from Dusty they may have a purpose?

However if you download the Cycrows cheat package it has destroy ship object command already in it if you just want to do some tidying up (beacons are ship objects so should remove them). You set the beacon as the target object then in the menu you will see the destroy function.

A simple script could be done to delete the beacons but as the above already exists and can handle multiple tweak situations so useful having for testing/corrections even if you dont use it as a cheat process. Then there is the old fashion way and may be more fun of simply shooting them. If they belong to you shouldnt be an issue, but again I'd get Dusty's advice if relevant to FCC.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 05:03

I have read the manual and don't seem to understand what I am doing wrong. I have built 3 stations offset from each other by 1, then added a complex hub. Now I have the 3 stations sitting there and the complex hub doesn't seem to be attached either. I was trying to do this OOS.
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 09:07

FCC can build stations und complex-hubs OoS, but FCC can't connect stations to a hub. Neither IS or OoS. You have to use the regular building-command by egosoft for connecting the stations.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 18:27

hm, ok... still useful. When I deploy the stations and offset them does it automagically line up the nodes so I can just deploy the kit and be done with it? That would be phenomenal.
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 18:40

No ... it doesn't seem so ... as far as I recognized, FCC simply takes the rotation (x-, y- and z-axis) of the choosen station when building by offset.

If you want to build compact-complexes with tubes, there is still quite a lot of work to do ... especially bevause there is no source which shows the angles and positions of the nodes of a station ... at least, I don't know any.

Because of that, I started to replace complexes with compact-complexes without tubes (extra modded) by placing new stations with coords and moving them as near to the complex as possible.

I think, you can better plan you complex, because you've got a fix grid of 25 meters.
By buiilding with ofset, you can minimal move by 25 meters too, but the stations can get positions between 0 and 25 meters too. Can maybe be a kind of crap, if you want to reposition stations in your complex later.

Knossos
x4

Post by Knossos » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 01:19

Literally just saved my bacon! I placed my complex kit in a stupid place and blocked off my docking gantries!

Moved my stations away from it where necessary, no problem. Very intuitive.

Thank you very much :)
Android Software Engineer
Try my hands-free notification reader for your car.

shadowdef
x3tc

Should be working buts not.

Post by shadowdef » Fri, 1. May 09, 22:36

I just downloaded a mod called Factory_Complex_Constructor_4.01_PLUS
Once i downloaded it, i used X Plugin Manager to install the mod.
The mod is listed as installed by X Plugin Manager. After i installed it i started up X3 TC to see if the mod is working. I built a few stations to see if the mod was installed. Sadly it didnt seem to be.

So i tried to install the mod with out X Plugin manager. I copyed the script to the script folder and copy the T folder contents to the T folder in Program files (x86) EGOSOFT X3 Terran Conflict. both said that the folders already contained the files i was trying to copy to them.
So im asuming that the Plugin manager did its work. So what im asking is there some way to active the mod that im missing? I did rename my pilot to "ThereShallBeWings". aside from that is there some thing im missing?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 1. May 09, 22:59

after changing your pilots name, did you save and reload your game.

most scripts and mods requires a modified save game to load, this load happens on game startup or load.

saving the game after enabling the script editor will mark the save game as modified so next time you load the game, the auto start scripts will start to function

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Fri, 1. May 09, 23:04

Im not sure if i did it in that. I changed my pilots name and them saved exited the game and then loaded the save. Do i have to do it by chaging the name saving then loading? no exiting the game?

Is there some sign that the mod activated like a beep or maybe the screen blinks red? or a congrats?

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Fri, 1. May 09, 23:12

I needed to Name my pilot to "ThereShallBeWings" right?

Also what do you mean by ( enabling the script editor )

One more thing, do i need to have my plugin manager open in the back ground for this to work? should i put my game in windows mode?

Thanks for all your help :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. May 09, 23:13

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] No 12: Merge to FCC.

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url]: Ask questions about problems opening the SE in this thread.

And questions about Plugin Manager in this thread.

PS. It is "Thereshallbewings", not "ThereShallBeWings". Your pilot name will not change, if you type it right.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”