[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

only-one-jack@hotmail.com

Post by only-one-jack@hotmail.com » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 19:37

Chaos Master wrote:Hi,
I'm using the FCC (plus) with Albion Prelude and XRM (and a couple of other scripts) and the FCC seems to be working just fine so far (I can place stations, move them, rotate them etc.)
However, the moment I defix a station I get the collision warning buzzer in a loop until I fix the station again. There is definitely no collisions going on (Hull and Shield on all stations at 100%)
The first station I used FCC on was a mine wedged into an asteroid, so I got the collision warning (obviously), but after freeing the mine the warning didn't go away until i fixed it.

I guess the warning noise is "play sample 924"?
I went through half a dozen scripts (move, rotate, station.activate) removing the "play sample 924", I even made the collision warning always return [False] (and as that didn't work 'null' too), nothing seems to stop the buzzing, so now I'm at the end of my wits and would really appreciate any insights ...

/Edit:
well, that's funny
I spend like 2 hours trying to figure it out, write a post and find the solution 5 minutes later ...

xrm changes some ware sizes so they can't be fitted on the camera drones, subsequently they complain about it being stolen, and take it away from my ship.
now I now where my transporter device went ...
i came lookig for this same prolem with the trasporters disapearig from all my ships. so it just a matter or chagig ware size o the cameras

Chaos Master
x2

Post by Chaos Master » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 07:59

only-one-jack@hotmail.com wrote:
i came lookig for this same prolem with the trasporters disapearig from all my ships. so it just a matter or chagig ware size o the cameras
yeah, that would work too

I didn't think of this at the time, so I just changed the script to exclude the equipment that doesn't fit from the checks
---

Ruut
xr

Post by Ruut » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 15:53

------English----
Hi,when i install this MOD on X3 R, the game crash, du you have an old X3 R version od this mod ?

Current problem on
Factory_Complex_Constructor_4.02 _X3TC_Light.spk

------French----
le lien fonctionne mais lorsque j'installe ce MOD le jeux X3 Réunion PC crash
Lorsque je le déinstalle le jeu ne crash plus.
Quelqu'un aurait une vieille verssion compatible X3 Réunion ?
verssion du lien
Factory_Complex_Constructor_4.02 _X3TC_Light.spk
L’espace est le futur de l’humanité.

Kawatora

Post by Kawatora » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 07:02

This is the forum for Terran Conflct and Albion Prelude Scripts.

Check out the Reunion mod http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225042
Ruut wrote:------English----
Hi,when i install this MOD on X3 R, the game crash, du you have an old X3 R version od this mod ?
Kawatora

Moriak
x3tc

Post by Moriak » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 19:38

I do not have proper texts. Also in Controls menu can see only "readtext" and some numbers. I have Albion Prelude steam version,. Could someone advise how to fix it please?

My welcome message is like that "readtext 8845-1100".

Thanks

Moriak
x3tc

Post by Moriak » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 21:20

Moriak wrote:I do not have proper texts. Also in Controls menu can see only "readtext" and some numbers. I have Albion Prelude steam version,. Could someone advise how to fix it please?

My welcome message is like that "readtext 8845-1100".

Thanks

Edit: resolved. There is another forlder for "script" and "t" in steam version.

Okonomi
x3tc

Post by Okonomi » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 18:53

Ive been at it for two hours now, and its beginning to "get my goat", so to speak. :evil:

I want to stick together two Soyfarm M's and a Soyery L, I got all three of em along with 3 construction kits sitting in my orca.
Ive tried dropping them in various orders, but the option to hook em up with the construction kit just never pops up.
I dropped two farms and put a CCK in the middle, it all just sits there unconnected.
What should I do to get them to hub together?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 18:30

How far apart are your stations?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Okonomi
x3tc

Post by Okonomi » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 21:00

I used the offset system, one farm was on 1,0,0 and the other -1,0,0
Then I put the CCK right in the middle, tried it both manually and via the FCC system.

They did hook up once when I manually dropped the CCK a couple km away from the farms, but it looked pretty messy.
I thought you could do nice tidy complexes with this FCC system, but it just looks like the regular old spaghetti cluster.

Maybe im not understanding how complexing works..
You cant put 3 stations in a circle with their ports facing inwards, and slap a CCK in the middle to make a kind of radioactive symbol looking superstation?
The automatic offset you have to enter when you FCC drop a station should put things far enough apart to let a CCK in between link up, right?

I want to make a giant hive in Savage Spur using mines with their backs turned to surround both of the gates.
Laser towers should handle invaders long before they can put a dent in it, and bigger ships cant get through.
Jumping the gate should look a bit like entering the center of an exploded planetoid. ;)
Once thats good and done, I want to sharpen the ol' ugly stick and chase some split with it, rude rusty bastards had it coming.

scrangos

Post by scrangos » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 10:14

Hello, for those using Xtended 2.0 (TC version 2.2a) like me and getting the grayed out menu.

I poked around and the game checks if you have an XXL ware to allow you to use the FCC. I dont know if simply carrying one is a work around but I changed the line if $sc.Transport.Class == [XXL] to if $sc.Transport.Class == [ST] inside the plugin.fcc.show.hide.menu.xml and now it allows me to use the commands with xtended 2.0.

I have not tested anything else yet after fixing that.

SergioAlvarez

Re: [Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

Post by SergioAlvarez » Sat, 19. Apr 14, 13:22

Hi everyone!
Just installed Plus version of FCC 4.02 and saw a problem. In Options/Controls/interface menu instead of undefined keys I see strings listed bellow:

ReadText8845-101 [undefined]
ReadText8845-102 [undefined]
ReadText8845-121 [undefined]

At the same time in TL console menu Orders/Console/General (I dont know exact english designation, but think so) I see following:

1. Command_Type_General_29 [ReadText2011-829]
2. ReadText2010-843 [ReadText2010-843]

Both Items are leading to Cargo Bay content.
I have russian version of X3TC v3.0 installed without any additional scripts or mods. And I know that causes of mismatch in text files of FCC script. Script was downloaded here and installed as required.
But what should i do. Russian thread of the script seems dead.
Thank so much.

SergioAlvarez

Post by SergioAlvarez » Wed, 23. Apr 14, 16:45

Gran Merci DrBullwinkle!
Thats what I need! :)

Schlangeauge

Post by Schlangeauge » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 01:53

Hey guys,

i play xtended 2.2 und just installed this mod.

i have a problem with connecting the station. :cry:
if i try it with the command menu i have the option to build station or build station with coordinates but with those commands i cant place a complex construction kit.

i can still use them if im in sector and activate them on the freight menu. but i want want to build my complexes out of sector.

do you have any ideas what i can do?

best regards
same shit, different day

Andy Barrett
x3tc

Post by Andy Barrett » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 10:25

Hi guys, hopefully I won't get slammed for resurrecting this thread but would this mod help with previously placed mega complexes? The reason for my interest is I had to abandon my beloved long term game a couple of years ago because one of my mega complexes had collison issues with another race and it ended very badly!

I couldn't re-enter the sector to sort things out because of the lag and aggressive forces congregating there. Would this mod allow me to tidy things up OOS and stop the collisions?

I would love to reload and play this game again as I had captured and reverse engineered nearly all the ships available and completed all the storylines. Plus I just can't feel the love for X Rebirth in the same way as XTC.

Many thanks,

Andy.

THE_TrashMan
x4

Post by THE_TrashMan » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 12:09

So I need 2 dozen hotkeys to use this? When I'm already long out of keys on the keyboard (since every friggin mod these days requires a hotkey)

Dropped.
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 16:01

Andy Barrett wrote:Hi guys, hopefully I won't get slammed for resurrecting this thread but would this mod help with previously placed mega complexes? The reason for my interest is I had to abandon my beloved long term game a couple of years ago because one of my mega complexes had collison issues with another race and it ended very badly!

I couldn't re-enter the sector to sort things out because of the lag and aggressive forces congregating there. Would this mod allow me to tidy things up OOS and stop the collisions?

I would love to reload and play this game again as I had captured and reverse engineered nearly all the ships available and completed all the storylines. Plus I just can't feel the love for X Rebirth in the same way as XTC.

Many thanks,

Andy.
You'd need to jump into the sector, fight off enemies and lags and move the whole complex, the latter is possible, doing that oos with FCC is not.

edit: @ THE_TrashMan, not necessarily. If you know exactly where you want the station built you can enter coordinates and rotation directly, no need for a single hotkey.

PhantomKnight4420

couple of qustions ....

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Fri, 30. Oct 15, 16:53

Im sorry if this has already been asked but I didn't have the time to go through every post , 1. will this work for ap
2. do the stations have to be as close as possible or it dosent matter where they are in the same sector? 3. once you set it up can you add more stations or do you have to destroy it add the stations and start again..
thanks....

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 19:31

I have read the guide to build a complex but I build two stations but I am struggling with placing the complex hub and joining them together. Do I need an extra connection kit to join two factories, Can someone explain, sorry if its simple and I am just stupid. I build 1st factory with 0,0, 0 and next factory with 1,0,0 but not sure how to join them with kit and hub ??

jycs

Post by jycs » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 13:04

Readtexterror on controls and messages...

I tryed the DEREG REG, without success.

I'm in french.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”